Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 years ago

Actually this drapaudi loving arjuna the most is another popular myth about her 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

According to canon Mahabharata, Vyasa narrated the story to his son and 4 disciples. Or was it 4 disciples including son?

Anyway, out of the versions narrated by Vyasa to the next gen, we have Vaishampayana version and part of the Jaimini version.

Vaishampayana narrates the tale to Janmejaya. 

Ugrasravas Sauti then narrates the narration to the sages at Naimisha.

None of it was written.

Do you honestly believe nothing changed in between either by accident or on purpose? 

For ex, there is a portion during Vana Parva where Vaishampayana is gravely narrating the travails of the exiles when Janmejaya breaks into ask, "So did they miss my grandfather, Arjuna? Seems to me they couldn't live without him."

Vaishampayana then breaks off to narrate a page on Pandavas and Panchali lamenting Arjuna's absence. Get this, Panchali actually says she's more pained by it than by the sexual assault. Really? She didn't seem to have the same pain on his first exile. She was the first one to urge war. She knew Arjuna was negotiating with Indra. On top of it, it was WORSE THAN THE ASSAULT? 

Okay, let's assume it actually happened and not that Vaishampayana was merely keeping the king happy. The same Panchali in later scenes mocks and taunts Arjuna. When Arjuna openly opines against war, she declares she will go to war with whoever she had than go with his wishes.

Don't you see how out of character that scene was for her?

Can you not tell Janmejaya was patently prompting Vaishampayana to sing praises of Arjuna through the Pandavas' and Panchali's mouths?

And that is one interpolation which happened DURING the making of the text as we know it. 1000s of years have passed since. How many such scenes were added while the story was being passed orally? How many were added in the written form?

Remember, this is still only the Vaishampayana version. We have only parts of the Jaimini version available and none of the rest. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 4 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

According to canon Mahabharata, Vyasa didn't dictate the poem to Ganesha. He narrated the story to his son and 4 disciples. Or was it 4 disciples including son?

Anyway, out of the versions narrated by Vyasa to the next gen, we have Vaishampayana version and part of the Jaimini version.

Vaishampayana narrates the tale to Janmejaya. 

Ugrasravas Sauti then narrates the narration to the sages at Naimisha.

None of it was written.

Do you honestly believe nothing changed in between either by accident or on purpose? 

For ex, there is a portion during Vana Parva where Vaishampayana is gravely narrating the travails of the exiles when Janmejaya breaks into ask, "So did they miss my grandfather, Arjuna? Seems to me they couldn't live without him."

Vaishampayana then breaks off to narrate a page on Pandavas and Panchali lamenting Arjuna's absence. Get this, Panchali actually says she's more pained by it than by the sexual assault. Really? She didn't seem to have the same pain on his first exile. She was the first one to urge war. She knew Arjuna was negotiating with Indra. On top of it, it was WORSE THAN THE ASSAULT? 

Okay, let's assume it actually happened and not that Vaishampayana was merely keeping the king happy. The same Panchali in later scenes mocks and taunts Arjuna. When Arjuna openly opines against war, she declares she will go to war with whoever she had than go with his wishes.

Don't you see how out of character that scene was for her?

Can you not tell Janmejaya was patently prompting Vaishampayana to sing praises of Arjuna through the Pandavas' and Panchali's mouths?

And that is one interpolation which happened DURING the making of the text as we know it. 1000s of years have passed since. How many such scenes were added while the story was being passed orally? How many were added in the written form?

Remember, this is still only the Vaishampayana version. We have only parts of the Jaimini version available and none of the rest. 

Exactly another being that arjun subdhara scene. It sticks like a sore thumb . We should not forget that the story is being narrated to janemya so obviously arjuna subdhara Abhimanyu and uttra will take the centre stage. That s why arjuna s love life us discussed in so much detail while other pandava wives are just fleetingly mention. That s the reason why only subdhara s entry to indraprasth is mentioned in such great detail. Or why abhimanyu is discussed more than other pandava kids. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

Exactly another being that arjun subdhara scene. It sticks like a sore thumb . We should not forget that the story is being narrated to janemya so obviously arjuna subdhara Abhimanyu and uttra will take the centre stage. That s why arjuna s love life us discussed in so much detail while other pandava wives are just fleetingly mention. That s the reason why only subdhara s entry to indraprasth is mentioned in such great detail. Or why abhimanyu is discussed more than other pandava kids. 

Abhimanyu does stand out independently because his death marked a turning point in the war. Until then, Pandavas were playing defense. 

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Vedvyas first dictate to ganesh   ganesh wrote Mahabharata in somewhere in   Uttarakhand cave 

After  Mahabharata is commpetlety written then narad told to dev in like and after vedvyas narrated  Mahabharata to pupil 

U can check it on Wikipedia and Wikipedia don't give false information  and if anyone give false information in Wikipedia  then Wikipedia always remove it

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Vedvyas first dictate to ganesh   ganesh wrote Mahabharata in somewhere in   Uttarakhand cave 

After  Mahabharata is commpetlety written then narad told to dev in like and after vedvyas narrated  Mahabharata to pupil 

U can check it on Wikipedia and Wikipedia don't give false information  and if anyone give false information in Wikipedia  then Wikipedia always remove it

🤣I'm now beginning to wonder if you're trolling us. 

In any case, I'm done. I don't have time to waste playing games, and I'm bored repeating the same things when I'm clearly not getting through.

surabhi01 thumbnail

My suggestions at least  get full information before stating any  thing 

As  ved yas compose 600000 verse  it is divide  into 4 small  parts 

First small part  is narrated by naarad in  dev lok

Second small part is narrated to  pitralok 

Third small  part is narrated to gandharv by  shuk dev 

4 th small part is narrated to  human kind ie by   vedvyas pupil vaishampayne to   janemeye ( son of parikshit 

Source geeta press Mahabharata book

Edited by surabhi01 - 4 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail

I am not  trolling any thing even I don't want to waste thing  by repeating thing but at least my suggestion    that  don't give any information if u r not fully  aware  about it 

Rest u can think  about me what ever u want I don't care

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

@Surabhi anybody literally anybody can edit Wikipedia. Even i can so one should not rely on it. 

surabhi01 thumbnail

Ok Wikipedia can edit but no one can edit geeta press Mahabharata book once it is published in book 

I get this informatio about  Mahabharata divide  into  4 part n  from geeta press  Mahabharata book 

Now if geeta press is  also not reliable source  ?