Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

@Surabhi. The book that was written 5000 years ago by Vyas is NOT available with us. That has been lost.

The only major version we have is the oral transmission of Vaishampayan narrating it to Janamejay. Why would Ved Vyas write that Vaishampayan said so? The first chapter of the epic we have has these details.

And we all know that Mahabharata was written is Sanskrit it wasn't needed to add it, Hindi as language developed hardly a hundred and fifty years ago. Prior to that Khadi Boli was in practice which has its origins around a thousand years ago. Everyone before that spoke in Prakrit and wrote majorly in Sanskrit before it. Sanskrit is tough for us today, it wasn't so for the people who lived in 

Panini ji who is supposed have created the Vyakaran of Classical Sanskrit was born around 6th century BC and Mahabharata in the form we have follows those principles. There is no way that Mahabharata in the form we have could be written before 6th century BC. 

Although I do not believe in Wikipedia, but since you do, I would request you to check, it clearly states that the book in its current form was written in 3rd century BC to 3rd century AD with no parts predating 4th century BC. And this text was written in classic Sanskrit

Just think of it an instance took place around 3100 BC and the text we have is from after 400BC, 2500 years after the instance, what makes you think that there can be no Interpolation in it? 

Plus even after that the Buddhists, the Islamist did make minor changes in the texts. They all knew Sanskrit. Sanskrit is tough for us, but it wasn't so for the people who studied Sanskrit in that era.

Just because something is written in Sanskrit ISN'T a proof of it not being interpolated

All the interpolation we discuss are things mentioned in the Sanskrit document, none of translators now add some instances by their will. Even the things KMG wrote are all there in the Sanskrit text

Coming to Geeta press I am sure they don't add anything by their own, but even KMG and others don't do that, the interpretations had happened even before Geeta Press was formed and major of it might have happened even before Printing press was invented. 

Why would they for any reason mention BORI? Who writes that their competitor is better? But overall the research methods of BORI is better.

Yes they do the research to figure out which parts (written in Sanskrit) could be an interpolation and remove those, but that research is still going on and in further things might be removed. 

Rest as I said you would just believe in things you want to and would not be ready to accept anything which goes contary to your beliefs

Originally posted by: surabhi01

I am not  trolling any thing even I don't want to waste thing  by repeating thing but at least my suggestion    that  don't give any information if u r not fully  aware  about it 

Rest u can think  about me what ever u want I don't care

No one excluding you are giving information they aren't aware of.

I don't even think you are reading what is being written to you no one is saying Geeta press isn't reliable. We are just saying that the Sanskrit texts that Geeta press had while preparing their translation had a lot of interpolations in them.

Rest even I am ending this discussion because your direction of conversation is filled with confirmation bias

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Check my     second comment on 4 th page  of this thread then u will know     who  wrote  Mahabharata it and how it is narrated to different people by  different 

And this is new things  for me that vedvyas did not compose  Mahabharata 

At least from school book I always read that   Mahabharata  is written by vedvyas 

I never read and I never hear that   Mahabharata is not compose   by  vedvyas  

That means school  book   is also unreliable source  ? 

Yes I   do believe ved yyas written Mahabharata 

Original composer of  Mahabharata is  vedvyas  only 

Because whether in Wikipedia, or in geeta press book or  in school book every where I read that  Mahabharata is originally compose by vedvyas 

If u any  valid source then Mahabharata is not written by vedvyas u can show me 

And in Wikipedia  most of  articles taken from news paper magazine  . Wikipedia does not let fake information  . If anyone edit  with fake information then Wikipedia surely remove it 

Like for eg  Wikipedia about  information Mahatma Gandhi  took from newspaper. Magazine  people read from news paper magazine and then edit.  What they have  read from news paper  magazine They don't add any thing by their own imagination 

Now  people rarely read books  most people rely on net for information  so one make sure that it should not be false   if it is giving false information then this  Wikipedia site would have been  remove 

Edited by surabhi01 - 4 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

I feel like making up something in Sanskrit just to 'interpolate'ЁЯШЖ

vAsudeva uvAcha: Arjuna, bratha tataH apara matr.

P.S. Sanskritists, I know it's all wrongЁЯШЖ. Just felt like it. 

surabhi01 thumbnail

There might be changes in Mahabharata by  many author  over years  even  ramayan   change by many author over years 

We don't have complete original Mahabharata and complete original ramayan  in today  world  but it doesn't not mean  valmiki  was not original composer of ramayan  and ved vyas is not original composer of  Mahabharata 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

And THAT is a classical example of strawman argument.ЁЯШЖ

surabhi01 thumbnail

Once again I am saying in geeta press it is written that  ved vyas compose n 600000 verse  and some part of it narrated to  dev lok  

Some part of 600000ver verse narrated to pitralok 

Some part narrated to gandharv 

Some part is narrated by vaishampayne to janemey 

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

And THAT is a classical example of strawman argument.ЁЯШЖ

Her claims are best being ignored, on one side she says Wikipedia is very reliable and on the other side isn't ready to accept that the Wikipedia's statement that the text we have has no verse older than 4th century BC, or the fact that Wikipedia mentions that Mahabharata followed by oral traditions and it was not preserved word by word like the Vedas so it changed in language and style.

She also ignored that the same Wikipedia said that Jaya is attributed to Vyas, Bharat to Vaishampayan and Mahabharata to Utsrava.

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 4 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail

Here is link which gives fully description how Mahabharata  transfer from another to another

http://hi.krishnakosh.org/рдХреГрд╖реНрдг/рдорд╣рд╛рднрд╛рд░рдд_рдЖрджрд┐_рдкрд░реНрд╡_рдЕрдзреНрдпрд╛рдп_1_рд╢реНрд▓реЛрдХ_1-11

http://hi.krishnakosh.org/рдХреГрд╖реНрдг/рдорд╣рд╛рднрд╛рд░рдд_рдЖрджрд┐_рдкрд░реНрд╡_рдЕрдзреНрдпрд╛рдп_1_рд╢реНрд▓реЛрдХ_12-27

http://hi.krishnakosh.org/рдХреГрд╖реНрдг/рдорд╣рд╛рднрд╛рд░рдд_рдЖрджрд┐_рдкрд░реНрд╡_рдЕрдзреНрдпрд╛рдп_1_рд╢реНрд▓реЛрдХ_28-41

http://hi.krishnakosh.org/рдХреГрд╖реНрдг/рдорд╣рд╛рднрд╛рд░рдд_рдЖрджрд┐_рдкрд░реНрд╡_рдЕрдзреНрдпрд╛рдп_1_рд╢реНрд▓реЛрдХ_42-58

surabhi01 thumbnail

Where i say that I am not ready to accept Wikipedia  

State ment  

And I have  already  suggest don't give half information  to proove anything 

In Wikipedia it is mention  author ship is attributed to vedvyas 

Yes u can ignore  my claim  but please don't give half information to proove anything at least to me 

Another in Wikipedia   that Mahabharata book is compiled in 4 the century   . No where it is written that that  Mahabharata i was written n 4 the century but it was compiled

And it is also written in Wikipedia  that time to time  there is attempt to  unravel Mahabharata text 

Once again I will. Suggest to read Wikipedia    again  it is  stated  that Mahabharata  was compiled in 3rd or 4th century. It doesn't not say it is written in 3rd bce 

In Wikipedia it is written

The text  was compiled in 3rd bce  and  text is much older than 400 bce and  text  reach it form finally in 4 th entury Gupta period. This is what I read in Wikipedia 

It now where  said  verse is not older than 4 th century 

Anyway I am also  stop putting argument  as I don't want argue with  half information  and  wrong information any more 

Edited by surabhi01 - 4 years ago