Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

How  text in original language can be interpolated   

Mahabharata in Sanskrit language  it is written  only  original writer vedyas so no question of  interpolation 

And if this going to swarg written in  Sanskrit is written is interpolation  that means  whole Mahabharata  written in Sanskrit is,  can be interpolated? 

Then where is original Mahabharata text  if text  in Sanskrit also consider as interpolated? 

We called Sanskrit a dev vani

All Durga saptshati   geeta    Vishnu 1000 name   ganesh moksh everything is written in  Sanskrit text  that means  all these are interpolated? 

As I told geeta press  is reliable source it doesn't not published interpolated part 

Edited by surabhi01 - 4 years ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: surabhi01

Mahabharata in Sanskrit language  it is written  only  original writer vedyas so no question of  interpolation 

And if this going to swarg written in  Sanskrit is written is interpolation  that means  whole Mahabharata  written in Sanskrit is,  can be interpolated? 

Then where is original Mahabharata text  if text  in Sanskrit also consider as interpolated? 

Please read the entire response that I wrote. Multiple shlokas in Sanskrit are later additions which historians can judge by the language used. That exactly is the interpolation people discuss. Not that some translaters added XYZ lines on their own

And as it is the Mahabharata that we have today isn't the Vyasa's Jaya. 

During the reign of Janmayey Vyas Rishi asked his disciple Vaishampayan to narrate the story of his ancestors at his Nagmedh Yagya. The people there listened it very carefully, one among them was Suta Utshrawa a renowned Kathavachak of his time. He then went to the Ashram of Rishi Shushan/Shaunak. The rishis there asked him about the Nagmedh Yagya. He told about it and told them that Vaishampayan had narrated the Itihas of the ancestors of Janmayey. They asked him narrate it and he started with the Itihas. 

Post the Rishis of the Ashrams started passing on this Itihas to their students generation by generation orally. This oral epic was complied into book on Patras around 300BC to 300AD. That is the one we have. In years of oral transmission many extra items would have gotten added and even if not this was a third hand narration even to start with.

Who is doubting the credibility of Geeta press? 

As I told interpolation hasn't happened in last 100 years that Geeta press would know which part is interpolated and which isn't when even historians have no consensus about it!

Rest I know you would believe what you believe

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 4 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

We called Sanskrit a dev vani

All Durga saptshati   geeta    Vishnu 1000 name   ganesh moksh everything is written in  Sanskrit text  that means  all these are interpolated? 

Perhaps you don't understand the idea of interpolation.

Sanskrit wasn't exclusive to Ved Vyasa. Others spoke it before him and for centuries after him. Some were contemporaries of the characters. They added bits according to their points of view. Some came later and heard/read the core story and added their own bits. The later bits (added by both contemporaries and readers) are called interpolations. Some interpolations happened much, much later, with Buddhists and Muslims contributing. And yes, they all knew Sanskrit. There is even a Persian version of Mahabharata.

The current written versions in Sanskrit available from which Geeta Press has put forth a translation also has interpolations.

The Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute put in decades of research in deciding which was interpolation and which likely original. Their go to versions were Kashmiri and Nepali because those places were less impacted by invaders.

If you go to this link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://gretil.sub.uni-goettingen.de/gretil_elib/Suk933__Sukthankar_ProlegomenaMBh1.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiUvM-h34bpAhXTQs0KHdq1CJ8QFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0uc1ayjBTtp237uLsATUAx

you can read through Prologmena to understand BORI's process.

Even with BORI's work, we can assume there are still interpolations because short of finding a hidden manuscript which can be carbon dated to the Iron Age, there is no way to be sure.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 4 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail

Look like u  did not read  introduction part of geeta press Mahabharata 

They say that   scholarship  of pune university   are working hard for many years   and amending text  from time to time 

They have also said  it cannot be said that every thing is written is true but  scholars of pune university   doing hard work in research and  amending text 

And I do understand  interpolated   

It means to insert something new in between

And who has  spoke  Mahabharata  before Mahabharata 

As far I know that it is very  vyas dictating Mahabharata and Lord ganesh is writing  

Some where in Uttarakhand cave 

And  ganesh  give conditions to vedvyas that if u stop dictating then I will vanish 

And ved vyas  give condition to  ganesh that he will not write Mahabharata  without understanding it 

Apart from ved vyas  and ganesh who has written Mahabharata

Exactly so the Geeta press themselves accepted that not everything is correct. There might be a lot of interpolations in their current text too. 

The best research work is being carried out by BORI but Geeta press is doing a great work as well, however they would definitely still have a lot of interpolations. So just a mention in Geeta press doesn't mean the show can't be an interpolation

Ved Vyas had written Jaya not Mahabharata

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 4 years ago
surabhi01 thumbnail

Read  that it clearly tell  that ved vyas has written  Mahabharata in 600000  lakh verse  and  these verse at that divided into  different  edition 

Out of 600000 version   300000    lakh verse is narrated by narad muni in devlok  

300000 lakh is first edition 

Then  second  edition contains 150000  verse  out of 600000 which was narrated to pitralok  and so on 

I will suggest to read introduction part of geeta press 

surabhi01 thumbnail

Jaya is core portion of Mahabharata 

If ved vyas has  not dictate Mahabharata  . I am not saying he  has written Mahabharata   he actually not has not written but instead he was dictating to Lord ganesh 

But apart from ved vyas  and Lord ganesh  who has written  and dictator Mahabharata 

And yes they said not everything is true but they also said  scholar of pune university are amending text  through their hard work  research since many years

Jaya is core portion of Mahabharata 

If ved vyas has  not dictate Mahabharata  . I am not saying he  has written Mahabharata   he actually not has not written but instead he was dictating to Lord ganesh 

But apart from ved vyas  and Lord ganesh  who has written  and dictator Mahabharata 

And yes they said not everything is true but they also said  scholar of pune university are amending text  through their hard work  research since many years

Jaya is the core of Mahabharata which was written by Ganesh ji (Vyas narration) but we do not have it now

Who other wrote it, I have already replied to you in my previous post, please read that. There is a reason why every chapter starts with Vaishampayan narrates. Vyas ji wouldn't say that to Ganesh ji. 

Abd even in that version many additions substraction have been made. 

I know they are researching but their research is not over so there would definitely be many interpolations in it, just because it's mentioned in Geeta press doesn't mean it's not an interpolation

The most thorough research is being done by BORI and even then agree that theirs might have many Interpolation. Geeta press is miles away. I didn't disagree when you said that Geeta press would be more reliable to KMG since he translated all that was available in the Sanskrit epic. But it is still not correct to the dot especially when even the documented epic we have (even it has all the items appropriately,) is a third hand narration Vaishampayan to Utshrawa, Utshrawa to Rishi Shushan/Shaunak and Rishis to their disciples followed by generations of oral transmission

surabhi01 thumbnail

Shree madh bhagwat was narrated by son of  vedvyas    to parikshit  and  though  u find name of son  of vedvyas  instead of vedvyas in shreemadh bhagwat  it doesn't not mean    son of vedvyas has wrote   

Shree madh  was written by vedvyas 

Similarly though  vaishampayne narrating  Mahabharata  story to janmeye it doesn't not mean  it is written by pupil of  ved vyas ( vaishampayne was pupil of  ved vyas) Mahabharata is dictate by ved vyas and  written by ganesh only 

If teacher narrated story in class that doesn't not mean  teachers  has become writer 

Here   pupil vaishampayne  of ved vyas  telling  Mahabharata story ( which he reciieve from vedvyas) as heritage  to janemeye 

U can confirm that whether vedvyas was not original composer of Mahabharata are not     from anywhere 

If u find any solid proof that Mahabharata is not written by ved  vyas he only written jaya part then u can surely show me 

And geeta press didn't not mention about Bori Institute. It talk only about  pune scholarship 

I prefer  gita press because  that they  don't add  any thing in middle intentionally  they do rearch it if they find new 

Geeta main purpose is text original as far as possible   and even they apologize to readders if there is any mistake 

I have seen that in other books that they know this information is not true  but still they don't remove fake information 

And here if I say that that swarg arohan is not interpolated  it means I want to say it is not added in middle but  it is already there since  from beginning  5000 years ago because at that dwapar yug  times generally speak uin Sanskrit language  it is in tv they are showing they are talking in Hindi but in reality they use to speak in Sanskrit language    that is why believe Mahabharata  swarg arohan because it verse available in Sanskrit    and Sanskrit was common langage  at dwapar yug time  in Sanskrit  and   all Hindu religious  book except  ram chatrimanas compose in Sanskrit language only  by original writer 

And I say it is not interpolated  as it is because it is written in Sanskrit language and to interpolated text  in Sanskrit language is  very difficult  . It is very difficult to interpolated text in Sanskrit language as its grammar  vocabulary is so difficult 

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

There are many instances throughout the epic which can quoted to show that she loved bhim forget bhim there are many instances for yudhishtra too.  Do i don't think it can concluded that whom she loved the most or who loved her the most 

I personally would have preferred that she and Krishna would have ended up together but that s what i want and is not a fact. So yeah. 

Edited by Poorabhforever - 4 years ago