Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Is Aishwarya Rai really a bad actress?

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

She made bad films choices but I think she has acted really well in some movies. 

I remember that scene in Mohabbatain where Amitabh says something and she’s sewing and tries so hard not to cry. It was so emotional and well enacted. 

I’d say she’s a lot better than the crap we have right now in industry 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RunParoRun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Nandini is life and iconic along with Mansi, Paro, Jodha. People like brushing her off but she has a way of carrying emotions with her eyes that many don't.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She’s terrible. Have you watched that film Albela 😆

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I think she could have been a better actress - big reason why majority of her come back films

Flopped poor scripts and over the top acting.

BarunPrabhasFan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

For the most part she is overacting. There are a few films she did a good job in some scenes. But very few has really come close to her in terms of beauty, that's for sure. No one from the current generation can hold a frikking candle for her on that front. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Not at all..

She is damn good..just gets a bit OTT sometimes..needs a good director to bring out her subtle side

blUeNoSed thumbnail

She is inconsistent but not a bad actress at all. Her best like Raincoat, Guzaarish are better than most of the so called best lead performances of the last 2 decades. 

purplesnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She can be good at times, but most other times....  😉

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

She has an uneven filmography. At times, she was brilliant like in Raincoat and Provoked.

At other times, she struggles to be even average. I saw Jazbaa and she was overacting like hell. Also screechy.

I think she's a director's actress who depends a lot on the director to bring out the best in her.

JayaBachan thumbnail

Absolutely not. A bad actress would make an entire film unbearable to watch 😳. So if you were able to watch some If not all of her movies with enjoyment then you cannot write her off as completely horrific. Take in mind that a bad actress would not be able to show chemistry with her co-stars if she totally sucked big time. 

Just like any other actor/actress, she has featured in some really bad movies and has acted OTT. I ain’t denying that. She is no Vidya Balan or Rani Mukherjee acting wise but lest we forget Kareena & Hrithik in Mein Prem Ki Dewaani Hoon or Khushi. Those movies have made my eyes BLEED. In fact most celebrities have at one point acted OTT, especially since the audience seemed to like it back then. Who am I kidding? Movies like Lootera and Guzarish are considered a bore fest because the audience wants to see the hero make villains fly with one hit from their dhai kilo ke hath 😆. 

Back to the initial point - Aish can act when she is instructed by a good director. She was amazing in historical/periodic movies like Jodha Akbar and Devdas. She broke my heart in Provoked and Guzarish. She was great in HDDCS and Taal. Despite not having a prominent role, her scenes in Mohobatein was beautiful (especially before her suicide when Amitabh Bachan told her that he expelled SRK. The emotion of pain in her eyes as she continued to knit with a teary gaze really got to me). In fact, even her final scene in ADHM, when Saba breaks her relationship off with Ayan was more impactful than the entire movie itself. 

She had great chemistry with HR, SRK & Salman. A really bad actress wouldn’t be able to establish that kind of chemistry. Aish is definitely a directors actor and with proper guidance, would have definitely worked better if she had any good script sense (which she doesn’t ). 

Edited by FingerFetish - 4 years ago