•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Romance used to be a big deal in Bollywood. Every second film was of that genre. Even when i was growing up in the 90's and 2000's, there were so many romantic films. Even bad ones like Mohabbatein were blockbusters.

But now, very few movies of that genre are working. Last week debacle of LAK2 is just the tip of the iceberg.

Even I was thinking that I haven't enjoyed a pure romantic film in a long time. Aashiqui2, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, Ram-Leela, Ranjhaanaa, 2 States, etc were all romantic films but which have all released quite long back. 

I don't think the genre is dead, though. There will always be enough adolescents and young people to keep the genre going. And once in a while there will be a romantic film that will captivate even those who are not regular fans of the genre. But it will need to be more nuanced, more suited to the times. Something like LAK 2 just doesn't cut it.

Discuss.

I sincerely think Bollywood should try something like lie with me. 

Romantic filme ab theatre me dekhne ka mazaa nahi aata. You can stream the online while chilling and cuddling. people refrain from watching it in cinemas, unless it is highly entertaining and dramatic like Kabir singh. Plus Person who does it best is too old too do it now. This genre better be dead, there won't be anyone doing it like him.