Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kar08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

[/QUOTE]

I am so sorry for your loss Columbia. I am glad you have such a supportive family and sought therapy to deal with it. Stay strong..

Edited by kar08 - 4 years ago
risha_krp thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kar08

I couldn't figure out why amber is so angry at Guneet. She didn't do this deliberately. Does he think she knew it was Amber all this while and she has been stringing him along to make him look like a fool? 

What makes him hate her so much and look at her with such loathing? (at the end of the epi)

Exactly what I have been thinking.

My thoughts are going like...

May be because the only way he knows to react to a situation is through anger?

Leaving out Niya and his online interactions with Bawra Mann, I don't remember him reacting to anyone without showing anger.

His employees, his neighbors, Niya's friends, Guneet and her mom, Randeep.

Heck he doesn't even talk straight with his doctor!

If he is hurt, he is angry. If he is sad, he is angry. If he is frustrated, he is angry.

Even if he is normal, he answers sarcastically. Never a straight answer from him!

Why is he such a difficult person!

Edited by risha_krp - 4 years ago
Crazy4prb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

That's amber for you. A bitter,  depressed widower who came out of his shell only for his daughter. He does not believe that he has any moral obligation to be even decent to anyone. His social life was taken care by his wife and now he is lost at 50. He can't understand all these public nicecities. And he was forced to have tenants by his daughter. He is happy in his shell. 

Bawra Mun helped him to come out of his shell but she being the same person, whom he never connected from day 1 and who only got the worst out of him, was too much for this man to handle.  

He is a reclusive,  who like man who has not been out of the house for 9 years have suddenly been made to stand in middle of huge traffic road.

Now for me as far as guneet is concerned,  I love her. And the way randeep and guneet understood the difference between life partner and soul mate, was brilliant. She knows the difference between her heart and her mind. At 40, you can't be that romantic dreamy person. Somewhere you have to choose practically. 

Her accepting anurag's proposal was not wrong but yes going to meet unknown is not acceptable.  Even if she did and as rightly said, that I dont want to regret later. She should have told anurag before the ceremony,  which I think she will not.

And for me that is not acceptable. 

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Guneet is not married to Anurag nor is she tied down to him. If she chose to meet someone before Roka I don’t think she owes anyone any explanation. Her and Anurag have only met a few times and they are barely dating. Guneet is trying to do what feels right to her despite all the pressure from her mom and society for her to marry and settle down. 

Based on the precap though she may come clean and probably tell Anurag the truth in private. I don’t think he will break up with her but will be understanding as he wants Guneet to be sure.

I don’t know why some people are expecting Anurag to be a bad guy or show his true colors. I think he is a decent guy who is looking for a life partner and to move on but understands from a failed marriage these things take time. He hasn’t really pressured Guneet ...it’s Guneets mom who won’t stop and keeps interfering in everyone’s business...she kind of gets on my nerves at times when she berates Guneet but I get her desperation in getting Guneet married

Roka will probably happen but I don’t think marriage will 

As for Ambers personality I think Crazy4prb summed it up quite well 

Amber is an extreme introvert who doesn’t like socializing and really hates any kind of change to his routine 

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I am yet to watch the episodes from Monday onwards, but reading the updates and watching the clips my friend's been sharing with me, looks like Amber has lost it. I was always against Anurag and inclined towards Guneet-Amber relationship as I connected more with this Piku-like version of the dad. However, looks like he is gonna cross all limits by spilling the beans in front of Anurag and that's not acceptable anymore. I signed up for this show to see a love story (apart from the fact that I signed up for the show simply cuz of ST 😆), and in no way to see how a manchild grows into a man in the name of love. 👎🏼 Amber had been known to be human when his wife was alive, a rangeen character who used to participate in singing competitions in college and rode bikes etc. When will I see that man back ? If not now, then when ? 

I cannot predict how the show is going to show Amber-Guneet amending their relationship and working towards the next step, and that is one thing that I love about the show ie its unpredictability. But a nice twist would be Anurag answering back to Amber saying he knows about the Vday thing as Guneet had told him about it already. That'd be a slap to Amber for crossing his lines and trying to poison another person's relationship. 👏 He made the entire chat thing public for Guneet. The only way to give it back to him back with similar intensity would be Guneet (the man Amber fell for through chat) sharing this entire online dating thing with Anurag (even if she doesn't know it was Amber), thus, making it an impersonal thing between BawraMann-NoDramaPlease. That'd hit him right. 

Crazy4prb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

Guneet is not married to Anurag nor is she tied down to him. If she chose to meet someone before Roka I don’t think she owes anyone any explanation. Her and Anurag have only met a few times and they are barely dating. Guneet is trying to do what feels right to her despite all the pressure from her mom and society for her to marry and settle down. 

Based on the precap though she may come clean and probably tell Anurag the truth in private. I don’t think he will break up with her but will be understanding as he wants Guneet to be sure.

I don’t know why some people are expecting Anurag to be a bad guy or show his true colors. I think he is a decent guy who is looking for a life partner and to move on but understands from a failed marriage these things take time. He hasn’t really pressured Guneet ...it’s Guneets mom who won’t stop and keeps interfering in everyone’s business...she kind of gets on my nerves at times when she berates Guneet but I get her desperation in getting Guneet married

Roka will probably happen but I don’t think marriage will 

As for Ambers personality I think Crazy4prb summed it up quite well 

Amber is an extreme introvert who doesn’t like socializing and really hates any kind of change to his routine 

@bold thanks a lot. 

And I agree with everything you say. Though she should tell anurag. And I really get irritated by her mom. She is too rude

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Thanks @Bana, @Atinka and @ Kar 

I am totally enjoying everyone’s pov... While on one hand I do agree that CVs are in no way being so deeply analytical about Amber’s character, but I think it does make us think as people that therapy needs to be normalized in our country, a loss cannot be automatically buried or replaced with someone or something else, the mind and heart need to go through closure and help in moving on. It’s a process all by itself. 

It is my earnest hope that maybe somewhere they do mention this on the show or at least Amber himself feels it ..maybe the inexplicable sense of loss he feels during Guneet’s Roka makes him question his actions and behavior.

atikna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: columbia

Thanks @Bana, @Atinka and @ Kar 

I am totally enjoying everyone’s pov... While on one hand I do agree that CVs are in no way being so deeply analytical about Amber’s character, but I think it does make us think as people that therapy needs to be normalized in our country, a loss cannot be automatically buried or replaced with someone or something else, the mind and heart need to go through closure and help in moving on. It’s a process all by itself. 

It is my earnest hope that maybe somewhere they do mention this on the show or at least Amber himself feels it ..maybe the inexplicable sense of loss he feels during Guneet’s Roka makes him question his actions and behavior.

Hi

I have read all the posts and the thing is there are so many point of views ..and most of them in their own ways are correct

What I see is that we start comparing the show to real life...but it's not right ?

I am here for the story .. the story being brought to life by the actors and all those unnamed people behind the show

For me it's still a question ..how are they going to redeem the character of Amber .. we all know in the show its Guneet and Amber's story ..whether in real life it may happen or not ..the thing is Guneet and Amber will be together because they are the leads and that's how the story is being projected 

So how is Amber going to be redeemed 

How is he going to be ..for lack of better words .. become a human being again ? 

The debate we have had about Amber and his characterisations ...it's all fun but where does it lead us ..what is it about Amber that will attract Guneet ever ?? What will make Amber realise that Guneet is the one for him ( in real life they are not at all compatible and will never actually work out.. I know ) 

The story is interesting today because of this ..this our thirst is how are these so very different individuals who are so very opposites and very very unsimilar make their way towards each other 

That's the aspect which is interesting for me 

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Heartbreaking episode!!!! It was heartbreaking to see Guneets breakdown. Especially, when she says that no matter what life dishes out she always looks out for the positive side, and she comes out stronger everytime. But she really felt a connection with NDP and his betrayal crushed her. Felt so bad for Guneet!! Love the special bond Guneet and Randeep share, its always heartwarming to see them! 

VB was phenomenal in yesterdays episode with the emotions he portrayed on screen. He was so excited to finally find the courage and agree to meet someone since his wife. He was completely crushed to find out it was Guneet who he was chatting with all the time, the women who he cant get along at all in real life. One can sense his frustration while he joined all those dots, the anger that of all the people it had to be Guneet!! The one who very categorically told him, that even if he is the last person on this earth she would not choose him😆 For Amber its a combination of a lot of things happening together. Firstly by nature he is sarcastic and grumpy, also deep down he knows and he also told Nia that he has been away from socializing so much that now he is scared and has no confidence of how to form a relationship. All his insecurities are coming out in a form of anger. 

The only thing that hurts is that in all this anger, Amber once did not spare a thought of how Guneet must have felt of being stood up, knowing about Kk. Even when he sees her being all upset, instead of feeling guilt or remorse he is angry at her. Also hope he does not cross a line as is shown in precap. Hope thats just his dream🤔 I dont know how his character can be redeemed if he goes too far. 

As far as Guneet meeting Amber is concerned, I don't think she did anything wrong. She just wanted to meet the person who she thought is her soulmate, or she would have that regret lifetime that she did not even try. Because no matter what one says she has this constant pressure from her mom to marry and with Anurag its indirect pressure that he is so good and perfect in everyway and she is just holding off for no reason. Even though Dr Anurag is perfect she does not love him or feel connected to him in a way she is connected to NDP. Also, I have a feeling she might have talked to Anurag in the morning to let him know. 

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atikna

Hi

I have read all the posts and the thing is there are so many point of views ..and most of them in their own ways are correct

What I see is that we start comparing the show to real life...but it's not right ?

I am here for the story .. the story being brought to life by the actors and all those unnamed people behind the show

For me it's still a question ..how are they going to redeem the character of Amber .. we all know in the show its Guneet and Amber's story ..whether in real life it may happen or not ..the thing is Guneet and Amber will be together because they are the leads and that's how the story is being projected 

So how is Amber going to be redeemed 

How is he going to be ..for lack of better words .. become a human being again ? 

The debate we have had about Amber and his characterisations ...it's all fun but where does it lead us ..what is it about Amber that will attract Guneet ever ?? What will make Amber realise that Guneet is the one for him ( in real life they are not at all compatible and will never actually work out.. I know ) 

The story is interesting today because of this ..this our thirst is how are these so very different individuals who are so very opposites and very very unsimilar make their way towards each other 

That's the aspect which is interesting for me 

Amber crossed his line when he character assasinated her. Before that they always had this constant nok jhonks , arguements and fights too. But in situations when the other needed help both of them were there for each other. Amber has always been like that, from the start. Rude, sarcastic and one having anger issues. But as Guneet said to Randeep that all that is just the outer shell. She and Niya knows how to get him and they both have always used it to get stuff done😆 Be it the way they duped him emotionally to accept Guneet as a tennant, which also is the reason for Amber not trusting Guneet. Because she lied to him multiple times, also when she had that scheme of renting out a room so she can pay Ambers rent😆

Amber helped her get Kk, he also checked her moms BP😆 because Guneet didn’t know how to and in return got cursed out by her mom. Guneet helped him a lot while Niya went to USA. 

But as you said Amber really has crossed a line, especially when he said all those mean things to Guneet🤔 Precap too seems just unacceptable behavior but I will wait for the episode to see how it goes. Hope they dont make Ambers character irredeemable!!