Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

'Can be disastrous and annoying': AR Rahman on Bollywood's remix trend

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

By: Riddhima Kanetkar

In an interview, AR Rahman, also known as the Mozart of Madras spoke about why he has been away from Bollywood for so long, "I was concentrating on my movie, 99 Songs, which is yet to release and Dil Bechara, which is supposed to come out. I was also doing Tamil movies. My time was divided between my productions, building a studio, and spending time with my kids and nurturing them into musicians. That required a lot of attention and a lot of time. And now, they are almost on track (laughs). You have to play all the roles. I am satisfied with the time I have spent with them."

Further speaking about the trend of remaking originals in Bollywood and whether he liked any of his songs being remixed, AR Rahman said, "The one which I was happy with was The Humma Song (Ok Jaanu; 2017) as it helped the movie. However, after that, I didn’t like any of them. Some of them are really disastrous and very annoying. In fact, I told the company who made the remix, ‘You are forcing me to support this but I hate this one, and people are going to troll me if I support this’. As far as the trend is concerned, it’s over. I think people are realising that music needs love and finding a song for the movie, rather than taking the fast-food route."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Bollywood badly needs A R Rahman back. Sick and tired of the pathetic music we are churning out these days. The only other relief is Amit Trivedi, who delivers soulful music from time to time.

Breath-Mark thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I'm so happy for his honesty 

UmeraT thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Humma Humma remake was utter crap. I hope he never allows anyone to remake Chaiyya Chaiyya.

So basically he likes the remix that he did. 😆

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

So basically he likes the remix that he did. 😆

He didn't do the remix. It was remixed by the infamous Tanishq Bagchi and Baadshah combo. 

.Lonewalker. thumbnail

Remixes do nothing else than ruining the original song🥱

Originally posted by: ponymo

He didn't do the remix. It was remixed by the infamous Tanishq Bagchi and Baadshah combo. 

Oh I thought he was a part of it since he had given music for OK Jaanu.  But it's weird he said he liked it since after release he said it was a mistake.

Out of the recent Rahman remakes, I kind of like Yai re rangeela re. Mainly because they have retained original portions of the song.

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Bollywood needs to kick out Tanishk bag-chhee