Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SASSZS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Mishh007

Not surprised. She doesn’t think about anything beyond herself. Everything is only about her. Her movie, her look, her struggle, her achievement. Even this movie was not about the subject but just a feather in her cap and how she is brave enough to do this movie.

Isilye ek ke baad ek faaltu ke PR stunt karti hai. Madam ko bas accolades chahiye at anyone’s expense.

At the rate she is going I feel like NA and Oscar won’t be enough for her. Pretty sure she is targeting Nobel peace as well. So desperate my god!

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

No matter what Laxmi says, this is not appropriate. A disfigured face from an acid attack is not beautiful. It is a representation of the extreme violence that a woman has gone through. It's not something anyone should be replicating just for kicks. Would you do a fake black-eye or bruises to copy a woman who was abused by her husband? 

Abuse is not beautiful and there is no way it should be made mainstream by a foolish actress and these attention seeking make-up artists.

Exactly this ! It's not a look but a person suffering which is there for everyone to see. These victims are always suffering and going through multiple surgeries. It would have been better for Deepika to interview acid attack victims or share their story on her social media (like HoNY and HoM) to show that these people are in fact us and were just unfortunate to meet with monsters who'd ruin someone's life in a blink. 

That's why I was shocked and annoyed am by what Anupama Chopra had written by congratulating Deepika for taking a role which would require her to be disfigured. 

I'll watch the movie but I already know I won't like it as I feel it would have been better to do a grittier movie which should have focus on one element because going by the trailer, they tried to tell to much in the movie which made them loose focus.

Sociopath thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

And just when we thought that superstarni couldn’t mock acid attack victims anymore through her PR stunts in JNU, madam ji comes up with tick tok challenge on acid attack victims. Rona dhona during promotions was all her nautanki. This is fcking gross. 

flipfl0p thumbnail

Insensitivity term is too mild. 

This is another level. 

She calls out people when they use the term "depression" loosely.  

What is she doing here? Just pathetic.

She can't even understand why people did not watch the movie. They find these attacks brutal, disturbing and depressing. NOT entertaining.  (Even though the film might have dealt with how the victim survives and enjoys  life, for many people the scars overcame the little happiness she found). 

Edited by flipfl0p - 4 years ago
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Thats a look? Deepika flop ke sadme se pagal ho chuki hai kya?

If one has a positive mindset, one can clearly see the intentions behind this that she is NORMALIZING the look of acid victims NOT ISOLATING IT from rest of the normal lookers, including that look with her other looks to convey they r part of us just like everyone else around, hence making it more acceptable for this prejudiced society.

But bcoz it is IF, so ....never mind.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: tanya_91

If one has a positive mindset, one can clearly see the intentions behind this that she is NORMALIZING the look of acid victims NOT ISOLATING IT from rest of the normal lookers, including that look with her other looks to convey they r part of us just like everyone else around, hence making it more acceptable for this prejudiced society.

But bcoz it is IF, so ....never mind.

THIS🤗👍🏼

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SugaAgustD

No one needs to watch the movie to prove their sympathy for acid attack survivors is real. I did not say this anywhere.

What I said is people who celebrated the movie's failure are now showing fake sympathy for acid attack survivors just to bash Deepika. Why are you so affected by this video now when you guys celebrated Chhapaak's failure full fledged for days??

Because Chhapaak's failure or success does not change lives of acid attack victims... Deepika will go on to do more movies... She will be as glamorous as always where these women have to live with it... It's not a look for them... It's not something they want... It's not natural... It was a heinous, cowardly act which doesn't need encouragement... 

Chhapaak movie and Acid attack victims are not same... The movie does nothing for them.. Deepika would have been a little more rich than she is now with Chhapaak's success... Thats it. 

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~*sindhu*~

Thats a look? Deepika flop ke sadme se pagal ho chuki hai kya?

Shot before her JNU stunt.

No one noticed or objected when she was doing these happy go lucky tiktok things coz no one wanted to appear callous. 

Edited by zoinks - 4 years ago
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Deepika Padukone needs to use her brain and stop trusting her PR team completely