Chhapaak: Reviews + Box Office - Page 14

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

I will wait till its streamed online and watch it then! 

In the meanwhile, can someone post a link to the Meer foundation on this thread? We should do something for these blessed souls now that we are here!

EDIT:

https://www.meerfoundation.org/

I tried to look up but couldn’t find a link where we can send our contributions to...If any of you can find it, please post a link here so that whoever is interested can send in their donations....

Edited by cricketfan1 - 4 years ago
shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Chhapaak Is Poor On Monday

Tuesday 14 January 2020 12.00 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Chhapaak crashed on Monday as it went down 55% on Monday from a poor Friday number. These sort of films are supposed to collect close to the day one number on Monday and this film has gone and dropped more than the average 50% and that too when North had an evening boost due to the holiday today.

The film collected 2 crore nett on Monday and has been totally rejected all over. The four day numbers of the film are 20 crore nett and the week may hit 26 crore nett sue to minor holidays over the next two days but it will not collect much after the first week due to the rejection of the content.

The film should not have clashed with Tanhaji - The Unsung Warrior but even that does not really make a difference now for Chhapaak as it would have been rejected on any release date. The only difference would be a slightly better weekend if it was a solo release.

When films like Chhapaak (v Tanhaji) or Saand Ki Aankh (v Housefull4) release against big films they are just nuisance for the big film and thats how the distributors see at as you are basically going to go down the drain but as you will get a screen or so at the multiplexes you will be holding back the better film initially as that film can do more business on those screens. The collections of Chhapaak till date are as follows.

Friday - 4,50,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 6,50,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 7,00,00,000 apprx

Monday - 2,00,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 20,00,00,000 apprx

https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1216962356267208704?s=20

Well, I suppose that's all she wrote. 

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago

What a flop🤣karma comes back to bite. Remember the days and arrogance of some people🤣

Sabka number aayega😆

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

I will wait till its streamed online and watch it then! 

In the meanwhile, can someone post a link to the Meer foundation on this thread? We should do something for these blessed souls now that we are here!

EDIT:

https://www.meerfoundation.org/

I tried to look up but couldn’t find a link where we can send our contributions to...If any of you can find it, please post a link here so that whoever is interested can send in their donations....

They don't accept any donations. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

😊

Tuesday Update: Tanhaji UP - Chhapaak Flat

https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=5816

Wednesday 15 January 2020 01.00 ISTBox Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Tanhaji - The Unsung Warrior continues it excellent run at the box office as it collects in the 16 crore nett range with collections going up 20% from Monday. the film has seen good growth in most areas while Gujarat / Saurashtra was extraordinary as collections went back up to Sunday levels. It was a partial holiday in parts which helped while in Gujarat / Saurashtra it would have been like a national holiday as the jump is huge.

It has to mentioned like yesterday that these numbers are coming on normal weekday rates at multiplexes which means footfalls are more than other films which would have got this sort of Tuesday in 2019. Good Newwz was a film which collected a little less on Tuesday but the footfalls of Tanhaji - The Unsung Hero are 40-45% more than that film.

This will take the Tanhaji - The Unsung Hero total to around 89-90 crore nett in five days and its pretty certain it should hit cross 100 crore nett tomorrow as its another partial holiday in parts. The week seems on course to cross 110 crore nett.

Chhapaak was flat despite the partial holiday as will collect in the 2-2.25 crore nett range. The film is going to be one of those rare films that will actually lose money joining Pagalpanti and Panipat in recent times. It wont lose as much as those films but a 5-7 crore loss looks on the cards due to the rejection of the content. The five day figures of the film will be around 22 crore nett and it could be that the lifetime of this film is less than the first two days of Tanhaji - The Unsung Warrior.

DushtKanya thumbnail

More than anything, I feel bad that the story of Laxmi and the fight for justice against acid attackers has been rejected at the BO :(

Edited by DushtKanya - 4 years ago
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DushtKanya

More than anything, I feel bad that the story of Laxmi and the fight for justice against acid attackers has been rejected at the BO :(

Screenplay ruined it . Also story was more performance driven . Deepika probably did not give ample time to role before shooting. 

Ab tanhaji type ka role hota toh set pe jao aur kar lo. This role demanded some work before coming on set. Unfortunately deepika lacked there 

SASSZS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

22 cr lifetime? Ring a bell? Karma work is damn sweet I say!👍🏼

Originally posted by: MrsRanveerSingh

22 cr lifetime? Ring a bell? Karma work is damn sweet I say!👍🏼

i am missing some kind people 😂🤣

soul food cooking GIF by WE tv

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Tanhaji - The Unsung Warrior Goes Up Again

Thursday 16 January 2020 00.00 ISTBox Office India Trade Network

Tanhaji - The Unsung Warrior has show another jump to collect around 15.50-16 crore nett as per early estimates. Its a huge number for Wednesday and has been aided by Makar Sankrati across Hindi belts and especially Gujarat / Saurashtra which seems to have had another 2 crore nett day on Wednesday.

The total collections have gone to 104 crore nett in six days and these numbers are coming with low business in North India and East India. The whole of North India is hardly contributing 20% when Delhi / UP alone has a bigger than 20% contribution when all is normal. The film is extraordinary in Mumbai circuit and will clock up a 50 crore nett plus number in the circuit in week one and the way it is going the film could even do 100 crore nett in the circuit though you would expect the film to feel the heat at some point. 

The collections on day six in Mumbai circuit are better than day one and this is from a good start in this circuit on day one. The holiday factor will be less on day seven though some centres in mass circuits may still get some benefit.

The other release Chhapaak is flat again with collections in the 2-2.25 crore nett range and the six day total will be around 24.50 crore nett. The film is not even gaining much at the bigger multiplexes. It was flat on Lohri in places like Delhi and Chandigarh and both these centers are dominated by high end multiplexes.