mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

Do you think the film would have fared better?

Personally, I don't think so. The film failed mostly because:

Subject Matter: The film deals with a sensitive and disturbing subject matter, and this might have deterred some viewers from watching it in theaters, especially families and mainstream audiences looking for more light-hearted entertainment.

Lack of Commercial Elements: "Chhapaak" is a relatively realistic and non-commercial film in terms of its storytelling and presentation. It lacks the typical song-and-dance sequences and other elements often associated with successful Bollywood films, which could have limited its appeal to a broader audience.

But what do you guys think? Speculations of course.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

She would have infused life in the character and would make it believable. 

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mintyblue

No

Subject matter is very sensitive and not everyone can see thru it.

Originally posted by: Autumnn

No

Subject matter is very sensitive and not everyone can see thru it.

imo the real problem was the execution of the subject which was lack luster, and taking a very mediocre actress who came across some card board character without getting into the psyche and skin of the role, hence both the execution and performance failed this subject which had alot of potential and could cater a niche very well at the boxoffice as well 

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Personally, I don't think so. The film failed mostly because:

Subject Matter: The film deals with a sensitive and disturbing subject matter, and this might have deterred some viewers from watching it in theaters, especially families and mainstream audiences looking for more light-hearted entertainment.

Lack of Commercial Elements: "Chhapaak" is a relatively realistic and non-commercial film in terms of its storytelling and presentation. It lacks the typical song-and-dance sequences and other elements often associated with successful Bollywood films, which could have limited its appeal to a broader audience.

But what do you guys think? Speculations of course.

I'm deepika fan n i don't like alia. Still i never wanted to watch chhapaak in theatre coz i was terrified watching the trailer i can't bear those painful screams in much loud voice n painful feeling of watching burnt face on big screen. It was very difficult for me to watch it on small screen also. N Piku also didn't have dances n songs but still it was hit. So i think a movie can be hit without dances also. I think u should ask 'would raazi have become more hit if deepika would've been in place of alia?' my answer is yes. Raazi is a film which i can definitely watch in theatres also n Deepika was bigger star than alia so raazi would've made more money with deepika

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I don’t think Jesus or Mohammad would’ve saved that films fate 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 6 months ago

@ Topic opener

If you want to LAUGH AT the opinions and replies of the commentators in your thread (like you did on my comment) then I will suggest not to bother opening threads like this and asking members 

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

It wasn’t a story for the faint hearted. I could never even watch the trailer.smiley18 It’s so sad and scary. If we are not able to watch a fictional story on the topic, can you imagine the plight of the real life victims who are forced to live this for no wrong of theirs? And to think the perpetrators are not given a death sentence for such a horrific crime.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Although Aloo is a better actress than Deepu. I think Deepika did fair justice to the character. Nothing more could have done performance-wise to make the film fare better. It just wasn't a commercial film. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I was mighty impressed with the movie as a whole...I loved Deepika's portray of  Malti (=Laxmi) and Vikram's Amol. What a courageous movie Meghna made and what a courageous decision by Deepika to produce it and play the lead role. It made me realize even more how important NGO's like ShahRukh's Meer Foundation are.

No to Alia...she isn't yet mature enough to enact such a role - imo.