Posted: 19 days ago

taran adarsh

@taran_adarsh

·

8m

#OneWordReview...#Chhapaak: POWERFUL.Rating: ⭐️
⭐️
⭐️
½Some stories should be told. Some issues must be addressed... Gut-wrenching, yet empowering... Aces: Sensitive writing. Skilled direction. Masterful performances... Take a bow, #Deepika and #MeghnaGulzar. #ChhapaakReview

I expected slobbering reviews. I think something about film hasn't clicked well with critics. They are not praising the film to the moon and back which I expected. They are being gentler because of the sensitive topic and not criticising it much. 

Originally posted by Twinklingmoon

I expected slobbering reviews. I think something about film hasn't clicked well with critics. They are not praising the film to the moon and back which I expected. They are being gentler because of the sensitive topic and not criticising it much. 

That and also political pressures. 

I felt the same too... But let's see there are still more reviews to go

Originally posted by BornWithASmirk

I felt the same too... But let's see there are still more reviews to go

Yeah may be general movie going audience will like it. But all review ratings are between 3-4 which is not bad but underwhelming definitely

And the thing I am not getting with these reviews is "heart-wrenching/blockbuster/need to be watched" etc etc sabhi 5 star worthy lagte hai but reality mein 3.5 ke aage ni bad raha🤔also the reviewers haven't pointed out flaws much but phir bhi it's 3.5...strange

Yeah may be general movie going audience will like it. But all review ratings are between 3-4 which is not bad but underwhelming definitely

Pata ni it's too early to tell ... I don't want to read these detailed reviews too as it might effect my judgement of the film... I saw some reviews with stars more than 3.5(5 too) now😄

Deepika Padukone Chhapaak