Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: inlieu

There are sadly many women who face what Babita did, even if they marry at an older age, are educated, have jobs, etc. Financial independence does not always help when you are socially conditioned to be submissive when dealing with your husband/in-laws. I have seen so many examples of this that I've lost count. The conditioning is so solid that at times the woman in question is not even aware that she is a victim of it, and neither is the rest of the family. 

and this is not also about how the in laws are or how bad or good they are. People are generally grey not black and white. Once a person is too submissive and starts listening to everything, never even shows that she is not liking it because of her thinking, people around her will take her for granted. People are not generally intellectual enough and have a good perspective of others feelings to get what the other person is feeling. On top of it they may have been similar DIL s before so they think it is the norm, or they will think they are blessed to have a DIl who listens to everything never demands anything, never asks or questions anything. So they will just go along with it. It is a similar situation in which parents praise their obedient children that my child listens to everything i say, is obedient, never throws tantrums , never asks for things etc etc. without thinking that children will have questions and they need to have a dialogue with them instead of blindly expecting them to follow  what they say.  The child then has a standard to live up to, similar to what a good bahu has a standard to live up to

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I am finally here to join you all in this rewatch!! 

Lovely write up Gur:) 

The amount of loneliness and humiliation that Babita had faced all her life, to suddenly receiving so much love and attention from HS must have been so overwhelming😳 no wonder she wanted to quit everything and just be with him. Had CVs not taken an ugly turn, it could have been a beautiful culmination, sigh!

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Where is everyone?

And can we do the next batch of episodes so that we get to #18 ASAP please? 😃

MG_Inactive thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Where is everyone?

And can we do the next batch of episodes so that we get to #18 ASAP please? 😃

I am so excited to discuss post 18 episodes❤️

Roopb thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I’ll start from episode 18...

jojaparijat thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

See this episode was the reason I hated Mini for saying Lovely dil ki buri nahi hai and giving clean chit to senior Khuranas by saying In-laws to aise hi hote hai. Fcuk that logic. Why are you normalizing such selfish behavior in the name of in-laws. Babita did their seva and gave them her own parents place. Yet they were always her in-laws you are saying. 

Babita was wrong in wanting Mini to cut ties off with her grandparents but Mini was equally wrong in blaming Babita for the torture she endured for 17 years. Just say that I want to keep my relations with my dadu biji. You don’t have to. 

Babita is not a modern day girl like you Mini. She was not a confident person when she got married and had you. She was not you. She didn’t have freedom. How could she have left taking Mini with her at the tender age or raise her voice? What would have happened? Who would have supported her? Not even her own parents and brother. They all would have asked her to compromise and adjust. That’s what girls are told after Marriage in Middle class Indian society. That’s what Babita’s brother told her even after he knew that his Jijaji has come home with another woman and that he is divorcing his sister. 
And there exist thousands of Babitas out there. They are so preconditioned to think once you step out of your parents house, husband house is where you have to live your life. They are not your 21st century confident girls who can raise their voice and find their freedom.

For these 17 years, the most I felt bad was for Babita. And not Mini. Mini has life ahead of her. Yes she lost out on Father’s love but she was pampered by her grandparents. She got all freedom and love from her mother. She got education. She got out and made friends. She enjoyed moments. 

What did Babita get? Lovely’s taunts. Biji’s double dhol behavior. Day and night serving in-laws, cooking for them, fulfilling Lovely’s demands, lonely nights, No husband’s love. All she had was Mini and moments she shared with her daughter. I can very well understand her need to hold Mini tight. Mini has been her hope for half of her life years. 

For me Babita is the biggest victim of those 17 years. She lost out on all her prime years. And what Mini did was victim blaming. That’s where writers lost it big time. Losers!

Very well said 👏

jojaparijat thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

What choice did babita have other than adhering to Good wife and Bahu tag? 

She told Mini about her and Ashok’s love coz what else could she have told her child that your father doesn’t love me, doesn’t love you and let her child grow in extreme hate and resistance towards her father? She fooled herself and she fooled her daughter too in believing that Ashok loved them. I don’t see if she even had an option apart from it. 

And Babita didn’t fail Mini. Her Dadu - Biji and Ashok failed Mini. If anything Babita gave Mini her love and everything she had. She gave Mini freedom and maturity. Circumstances did play a part but no one is born mature. Mini became stronger coz her situations but her jest for life, her optimism came from her mother. Babita nurtured Mini for those 17 years. Tried to fill the void of her Father. Did everything in her capacity to fill Mini’s life with happy moments. 
even during depression, she went ahead and reconciled Mini to her grandparents. Mini’s stubborn family was not even talking to her. 

If Mini had to grow up and step up for her mother against the taunts or Lovely and injustice of Biji that’s coz her grandparents failed her. They couldn’t give her mother respect in that house. They couldn’t stop Lovely. They didn’t ask Ashok to take Mini and Babita with him. They didn’t question Ashok of his lack of interest and involvement in Mini’s life. Babita was not in position to raise her voice. I don’t see her type of person standing up for herself when she has a small girl child. When Mini became her support and pulled her through, she did stand up for herself and her daughter! 

Perfect 👍🏼

This is what People simply want to blame Babita here everything.

Roopb thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

See this episode was the reason I hated Mini for saying Lovely dil ki buri nahi hai and giving clean chit to senior Khuranas by saying In-laws to aise hi hote hai. Fcuk that logic. Why are you normalizing such selfish behavior in the name of in-laws. Babita did their seva and gave them her own parents place. Yet they were always her in-laws you are saying. 

Babita was wrong in wanting Mini to cut ties off with her grandparents but Mini was equally wrong in blaming Babita for the torture she endured for 17 years. Just say that I want to keep my relations with my dadu biji. You don’t have to. 

Babita is not a modern day girl like you Mini. She was not a confident person when she got married and had you. She was not you. She didn’t have freedom. How could she have left taking Mini with her at the tender age or raise her voice? What would have happened? Who would have supported her? Not even her own parents and brother. They all would have asked her to compromise and adjust. That’s what girls are told after Marriage in Middle class Indian society. That’s what Babita’s brother told her even after he knew that his Jijaji has come home with another woman and that he is divorcing his sister. 
And there exist thousands of Babitas out there. They are so preconditioned to think once you step out of your parents house, husband house is where you have to live your life. They are not your 21st century confident girls who can raise their voice and find their freedom.

For these 17 years, the most I felt bad was for Babita. And not Mini. Mini has life ahead of her. Yes she lost out on Father’s love but she was pampered by her grandparents. She got all freedom and love from her mother. She got education. She got out and made friends. She enjoyed moments. 

What did Babita get? Lovely’s taunts. Biji’s double dhol behavior. Day and night serving in-laws, cooking for them, fulfilling Lovely’s demands, lonely nights, No husband’s love. All she had was Mini and moments she shared with her daughter. I can very well understand her need to hold Mini tight. Mini has been her hope for half of her life years. 

For me Babita is the biggest victim of those 17 years. She lost out on all her prime years. And what Mini did was victim blaming. That’s where writers lost it big time. Losers!

👌🏻👌🏻

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Are we doing the rewatch??? 😳

MG_Inactive thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

Are we doing the rewatch??? 😳

I was really looking forward to it finally but koi hai hi nahi😭 this forum looks more like a personal fan page nowadays  rather than PB forum