Analysis Corner (Mar 31st Yeh koi saas bahu serial nahi hai link p.64) - Page 46

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: NamuVyas

Wow what an epi today.. we had the main 3 ppl of the show in their best form.. something I have been waiting to see since long..

Maya the durga here enters into Roy house..just the dialogue before they thanked maa durga for having sent back Rudra.. and she is right here at the door.. Maya is way weaker than MJ which is a fact.. but today she stepped back and back to be held by Rudra.. she was hurting her hand and held that hand in strength.. he had to go to Antara but even in his little absence he was still there with her.. those beads of strength.. Rudra love is her strength and how.. she answered back MJ without a single scare.. 

I know why doesnt Maya tell him the truth.. that time will also come.. for now their relationship has sailed..based on mutual trust love and confession..its not gone under any real circumstances.. Rudra to start with will have to face the test of time one by one of his wedding promises.. when that will happen not only Maya will give in to him intimately but also her past life.. well if u also notice Rudra doesnt ask her either.. he knows something really bad happened which put her into so much darkness but he has never asked her.. he believes to becomes her light and her path to light will have all the revelations..

The makers drawing parallels to two men with whom Maya was ever with.. Rudra who loves her but wants to give her the intimate space and letting her choose the next step.. but still keeping the right to kiss her forehead which is a sign of respect.. to the past when MJ saw this girl in his office and lusted over her..tried to barge into her space..

The parallels will be drawn and it will get intense and more.. 

MJ is no nonsense.. he went and held her neck directly.. it shows what kind of a power this man is.. we saw a carefree strict scheming Maya who played rishi.. we saw a Maya who also played Rudra but he was difficult and she too got played along.. they were equals who fell in love too. 

But now MJ is the baap here.. Maya is not as powerful.. her union with Rudra will prove the strength.. 

I dont see Rudra knowing stuff so soon... it will happen in a right way which I can already sense.. he will give her the ultimate strength to destroy MJ.. just like Shiva who gave the trishul to Mahakali to kill Mahishasur..

@ Bold: Yes and even when Rudra won't be around her, he will give her strength to fight and show MJ that she isn't the meek, vulnerable, and innocent Manvi.

@ Italics: Not only Rudra, but Maya will also have to face the test of each of her vows. Their vows are what tie them together and what will hold them back as well.

@ Red: Rudra knows that while Maya loves him, she still is hesitant and he wants her to be comfortable. And that's the big difference between him and MJ. Rudra wants trust, respect, and a proper relationship. MJ doesn't care about any of that. He just wants one thing.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

What a beautiful episode both from the symbolic aspects as well as an engaging watch. Love your thoughts. 

Today Durga entered Mahishasurs den as Shivs wife with Shiv by her side. Even when Shiv isn't present his trishul, his strength and the sindoor, his love are always with Maa. Today Maya entered Roy mansion with Rudra and when MJ stepped forward and Maya faltered, Rudra held her and gave her strength. And when he had to step away, she held on to the symbol of his love to draw strength and it worked. As she said during the vows yesterday, Rudras love will be her courage to fight MJ. 

The thing is Maya is both Durga and Kali - Durga for Rudra, his wife, his love, his courage and Kali for MJ, his destruction, his end. 

There is a quote, ends often hide themselves in beginning. Today Maya is taking us back in time to the beginning of HER end as Manvi Singh. It will be interesting to see how she went from a wide eyed teenager to a blood thirsty Avenger. 

Also how interesting, the bracelet that was MJs mark on Rudra is now replaced by MayRas customized black+white mangalsutra cum bracelet. Rudra will always be a pivotal axis point in this MJ vs Maya war. 

Keeping this aside, today was the day of Rudra Roy the lover boy. Every word, gesture, and action was a reminder of his loving & truthful self. He is truly Shiv- Bholenath. Mayas mere presence in his life has lighted up his existence. He reminds me of Shivs loving side. When he fell in love with Sati/Parvati, Shiv mellowed down and was besotted with Shakti. Rudra is just as besotted with his Maya. Btw referring to the moon, Shiv wears the moon on his jata and it again belongs to him. Rudra calling Maya his moon was a nice touch. 

Ashish was fabulous and it's going to be a great treat to watch MJ-Maya, past/present scenes. 

@ Bold: Kali is a roop of Durga so makes sense that if Maya is being portrayed as Durga, then she would be Kali as well.

@ Italics: In a way the bracelet marks who Rudra "belongs" to. Up until MayRa happened, Rudra was MJ's son. Maya wanted revenge from him and she didn't see him as anything more than a means to the end. But when she realized she loves him, he became hers. Hence the bracelet changed. But interestingly that bracelet came off almost right away. Weird that MJ's bracelet never came off like that. Maybe I'm just reading into that point too much.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: libran90

Feb 5th - Face-to-Face

Face-to-Face - Dang man! Dang! Literal chills. Okay but putting my reaction aside, what a face-to-face. Maya enters head bowed, hesitant to an aarti to Maa Durga. She is the Maa Durga in this case, though I have my apprehensions with that, let's go with that. And the reactions. MJ goes from shock to surprise to understanding to an almost villainous smirk that seems to say "welcome back Maya, time for round 2". He understood right away what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if he's connected Maya to Rishi in his mind already as well. This is why Ashish was such a great choice for this role. The man can emote so well. Stand up and take a bow because you portrayed MJ's cunning-ness so well in this entire episode. On the other hand, we have Antara and Aamir who are just shocked. Somewhere I feel they may have been innocent in this whole fiasco. They were misled or maybe misunderstood because they only remained shocked. Nothing changed on their face. Diya is a whole other story. She was shocked as well. Who wouldn't be? But that was replaced quickly with a smirk. Even when the camera kept going around MJ and Maya, if you looked in the background you could see Diya's body language saying wtf, while Antara and Aamir just looked shocked still. Ananya was shocked that Rudra had married Maya. Girl he literally said he loves Maya, do you really think he would return and marry you? CVs butchered Ananya's character quite a bit, but her reaction was on par with the new Ananya we had been presented. Finally, we have Maya. She entered hesitantly, almost as if this wasn't part of the plan. I don't think she had planned on being revealed so early on. But as she stands beside Rudra, her body language changes. She becomes more confident and meets each person's eye contact as if proudly saying "look I'm back". But even today, MJ's steps scare her. She managed to control herself a bit better. Rudra was so oblivious to everything going in that room though. Dude get with the program. smiley36

Okay, so I rewatched the episode but honestly, I did not see them smirking. Neither Diya nor Mrityunjay. I saw pure shock, like zameen niche se khiska di ho kisine. It's like they weren't expecting Manvi to return from the dead as Maya Jaisingh, now Maya Rudra Roy. Mrityunjay still thinks that she is the same Manvi Singh whom he destroyed with his lust and power. But she is Maya Rudra Roy. Rudra being the key name here because the strength of the bond she shares with Rudra is what has changed the course of this revenge game. Mrityunjay maybe the badass here, but he is clearly underestimating Maya. He can never think she has the courage to kill his boy Rishi, he thinks to scare and to intimidate her will work. No Mrityunjay no, its time to turn the tables on you. I don't really trust Mrityunjay. He may again go after Maya lusting for her right under his son's nose again because Maya Jaisingh is one hell of a badass once she shows that side of hers. The way Rudra said na, "Jab aap meri Maya ko samajhne lagenge, aap ko bhi Maya se pyaar ho jayega." just gave me goosebumps all over. Mrityunjay reminds me of Shahrukh from Anjaam.

Himmat hai sach batane ki - Maya doesn't the same apply to you? Do you have the strength to tell Rudra the truth? About you, MJ, your past, and your revenge? MJ did bad. No doubt. And when Rudra finds out, he will go against MJ, but what about when he finds out about Maya? What will happen to Maya then? Rudra will leave her. Because he stood by her as long as she was facing off MJ. As soon as Antara fainted, he left. It'll be the same when he finds out about Rishi. But even after being far away from her, he will still give her strength. She will still find the ability to fight MJ.

Trust me, neither of them have the guts to tell anything to Rudra. If Rudra has hints of Maya's darkness, he knows what Mrityunjay does with women. So nobody is in a win-win situation here. Both of them cannot lose Rudra, but there is a difference. Mrityunjay can no way lose Rudra at any cost, he cannot lose control. Maya has entered this game because she knows someday, she will lose Rudra and has to leave him, but till then she wants to create some beautiful memories with him.

@ Bold: Lol maybe I was overthinking and overseeing smirks. MJ is underestimating Maya right now, but when he gets to know who she has become, I don't think it would be farfetched for him to make the connection between Maya and Rishi's death.

@ Red: Oh I know neither of them will tell Rudra anything, I was just ranting at that point. Rudra will find out but I feel on his own. He'll uncover something and confront either MJ or Maya depending on what he uncovers.

Edited by Minionite - 4 years ago
libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Minionite

@ Bold: Lol maybe I was overthinking and overseeing smirks. MJ is underestimating Maya right now, but when he gets to know who she has become, I don't think it would be farfetched for him to make the connection between Maya and Rishi's death.

@ Red: Oh I know neither of them will tell Rudra anything, I was just ranting at that point. Rudra will find out but I feel on his own. He'll uncover something and confront either MJ or Maya depending on what he uncovers.

Maybe😆. Mrityunjay was basically fuming silently. Not just that when Maya came back and challenged him, he was actually taken aback by that candor. He has never been challenged by a woman ever. His wife worships him and his girlfriend supports him, but Maya is neither. She is sanki, crazed, dangerous. She could have tears in her eyes and yet slice his throat, that kind of a badass she is. And Mrityunjay is obsessed with the power he has over people, which is why like the rest of his family, he will try to control Maya, but Maya cannot be understood or controlled. Maya in her own words is, " Jo saamne hokar bhi nahi dikhti, jo dikhkar bhi haath nahi aati, jo haath aakar bhi nahi milti...woh Maya hu main." That will drive Mrityunjay up the wall. Gaya daddu

True, itna bhi lallu nahi hai Rudra. Let's see how he uncovers the truth.

Edited by libran90 - 4 years ago
Armu4eva thumbnail

@ Bold: Kali is a roop of Durga so makes sense that if Maya is being portrayed as Durga, then she would be Kali as well.

@ Italics: In a way the bracelet marks who Rudra "belongs" to. Up until MayRa happened, Rudra was MJ's son. Maya wanted revenge from him and she didn't see him as anything more than a means to the end. But when she realized she loves him, he became hers. Hence the bracelet changed. But interestingly that bracelet came off almost right away. Weird that MJ's bracelet never came off like that. Maybe I'm just reading into that point too much.

Coz Maya needs Rudras love to draw strength from. I actually like it that way. Durga was in a married womans avatar when she slayed Mahisasur. Shiv wasn't present with her. His trishul and sindoor were. 

Rudra will always be a point of contention between MJ and Maya. 

Minionite thumbnail

Maybe😆. Mrityunjay was basically fuming silently. Not just that when Maya came back and challenged him, he was actually taken aback by that candor. He has never been challenged by a woman ever. His wife worships him and his girlfriend supports him, but Maya is neither. She is sanki, crazed, dangerous. She could have tears in her eyes and yet slice his throat, that kind of a badass she is. And Mrityunjay is obsessed with the power he has over people, which is why like the rest of his family, he will try to control Maya, but Maya cannot be understood or controlled. Maya in her own words is, " Jo saamne hokar bhi nahi dikhti, jo dikhkar bhi haath nahi aati, jo haath aakar bhi nahi milti...woh Maya hu main." That will drive Mrityunjay up the wall. Gaya daddu

True, itna bhi lallu nahi hai Rudra. Let's see how he uncovers the truth.

He wasn't just taken aback by that, but also by Maya's move. He probably never expected meek, innocent Manvi to make such a big move of coming into his house as his daughter-in-law. First of all she was never supposed to have survived and now she's here and standing in his house. Then, on top of everything, instead of being scared off by him, she talks back to him and challenges him. Double whammy.

My concern is actually how they are going to show the entire family dealing with Manvi in the past. Obviously MJ lusted after Manvi and had put on an act to get her, but how was the entire family involved? Were they misled into believing something else initially? Or do they welcome all of MJ's affairs like that?

libran90 thumbnail

He wasn't just taken aback by that, but also by Maya's move. He probably never expected meek, innocent Manvi to make such a big move of coming into his house as his daughter-in-law. First of all she was never supposed to have survived and now she's here and standing in his house. Then, on top of everything, instead of being scared off by him, she talks back to him and challenges him. Double whammy.

My concern is actually how they are going to show the entire family dealing with Manvi in the past. Obviously MJ lusted after Manvi and had put on an act to get her, but how was the entire family involved? Were they misled into believing something else initially? Or do they welcome all of MJ's affairs like that?

Maya is an audacious badass. Mrityunjay doesn't know how she has returned and what she is. She survived, she created her own persona as Maya Jaisingh, the best-selling author, the badass fencer who charmed Rudra, the mystery, enigma that got Rudra intrigued and associated with pain that she kept hidden. He knows nothing of what Maya is and can be. Maya is going to bring out the worst side of his for the world to know. But what is surprising is iss zamane me koi itna naive kaise ho sakta hai? I don't know. I guess aaj bhi ladkiya aisi hi hoti hai. 

Minionite thumbnail

Maya is an audacious badass. Mrityunjay doesn't know how she has returned and what she is. She survived, she created her own persona as Maya Jaisingh, the best-selling author, the badass fencer who charmed Rudra, the mystery, enigma that got Rudra intrigued and associated with pain that she kept hidden. He knows nothing of what Maya is and can be. Maya is going to bring out the worst side of his for the world to know. But what is surprising is iss zamane me koi itna naive kaise ho sakta hai? I don't know. I guess aaj bhi ladkiya aisi hi hoti hai. 

Thing is that we say iss zamane mein but often you don't realize what could happen until you face it yourself. Even after being warned against something, you really aren't aware of how it works. It's only when you are in the midst of things that you realize what is going on.

Think about something simple like academics. I did finance in undergrad and still am (through CFA). But despite all the studying during undergrad, I was not prepared for the real world because each company does stuff differently. I only got a very basic base in my bachelors (undergrad). My real learning was on the job.

Forget studies. How about something like domestic violence? We all know what it is. Most women will be like "it won't fly with me". But when you end up in an abusive relationship, it takes time to respond. I had a friend on IF who works in a women shelter. She told me stories of educated women who ended up in an abusive relationship and didn't get out of it for years. Educated women. In Canada. You would think that something like that couldn't happen, but it does.

So I don't find it a far stretch that Manvi fell for all of MJ's bullshit as a 20-something young woman entering the corporate world for the first time.

libran90 thumbnail

Thing is that we say iss zamane mein but often you don't realize what could happen until you face it yourself. Even after being warned against something, you really aren't aware of how it works. It's only when you are in the midst of things that you realize what is going on.

Think about something simple like academics. I did finance in undergrad and still am (through CFA). But despite all the studying during undergrad, I was not prepared for the real world because each company does stuff differently. I only got a very basic base in my bachelors (undergrad). My real learning was on the job.

Forget studies. How about something like domestic violence? We all know what it is. Most women will be like "it won't fly with me". But when you end up in an abusive relationship, it takes time to respond. I had a friend on IF who works in a women shelter. She told me stories of educated women who ended up in an abusive relationship and didn't get out of it for years. Educated women. In Canada. You would think that something like that couldn't happen, but it does.

So I don't find it a far stretch that Manvi fell for all of MJ's bullshit as a 20-something young woman entering the corporate world for the first time.

Agreed!

Minionite thumbnail

Feb 10th - Hypocritical Women

I've been keeping quiet about the past few episodes because I want to see Maya's entire past before making any comment. But today, I couldn't stop myself. So here it goes.

Kehte hain naa - aurat hi aurat ki sabse badi dushman hai. It's true. Whether in personal or professional life, sometimes women are their own worst enemy.

It's things like these. Abusing another woman, treating them as crap, labeling them garbage, and attempting to kill them. Antara was fine with Manvi and MJ's affair as long as it was outside her house. But the moment she came face-to-face with Manvi, it was no longer outside her house. Now she had to react and she did. Diya is okay being the other woman in MJ's life and letting him have flings with other women, but the moment the other women speak up they are "giri huyi".

In a way, it shows the hypocritical nature of people. As long as MJ was keeping his affairs outside the house, Antara was fine with it. But the moment, that very affair came to her door, it woke her up. And she doesn't want to be woken up. She's happy being the trophy wife who believes that she is important. But the moment someone reminds her of that state, she sees them as garbage. She is also projecting herself onto them. Until Manvi didn't come to her door, she was happy being oblivious and pretending she was important, but the moment Manvi's shadow befell on her doorstep, it reminded her that she was a nobody in MJ's life. Just garbage.

With Diya, she's happy being the other woman and keeping her affair with MJ hidden from Antara. As long as Antara doesn't question her, she is fine. Yes it hurts that Antara calls herself the only Mrs. Roy, but Diya is willing to take that pain because she believes that she is more important to MJ than Antara. She refuses to see the truth, which is that she is a homewrecker. But the moment someone else enters MJ's life and becomes the "other woman", she is reminded of her reality and is unwilling to take it, thus this other woman becomes giri hui to protect herself.