Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: ThunderLight

SRK was number one in calling himself number one. Aamir always did far better work than him. When SRK was doing KKHH, Aamir did a Ghulam, Earth etc. 

I remember once Aamir said that "SRK is good at manipulating the media n sticks to his genre. A Real King never keeps calling himself a King. Hv u seen a Sachin or Vishwanathan Anand call themselves No. 1 or King? He can stick to his throne n crown. I don't want to be King. I would rather be a Ikka in the chess board."  Something along those lines. I still say both SRK n Kjo r masters at manipulating media to boost themselves way more than they actually are. Their PR skills r very strong n they have their chamchas in every place. 

That’s coming from someone who calls themselves Mr. perfect 😆

Mr. perfect and King is interchangeable 

Originally posted by: DragonBoy49

That’s coming from someone who calls themselves Mr. perfect 😆

Mr. perfect and King is interchangeable 

I don't remember Aamir calling "himself" Mr. Perfect. It is people who mock his over detailing and time taking between shots as perfectionist. Infact, his PR skills was worst back then. He even boycotted media for some fake articles. He refused to attend award shows thereby angering film magazines. While SRK is one who used a flop Badshah to keep calling himself Badshah of Bollywood. Even Amitabh never used Shehanshah to call himself Emperor of Bollywood. SRK is a Narcissistic.

Edited by ThunderLight - 4 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

SRK was number one in calling himself number one. Aamir always did far better work than him. When SRK was doing KKHH, Aamir did a Ghulam, Earth etc. 

I remember once Aamir said that "SRK is good at manipulating the media n sticks to his genre. A Real King never keeps calling himself a King. Hv u seen a Sachin or Vishwanathan Anand call themselves No. 1 or King? He can stick to his throne n crown. I don't want to be King. I would rather be a Ikka in the chess board."  Something along those lines. I still say both SRK n Kjo r masters at manipulating media to boost themselves way more than they actually are. Their PR skills r very strong n they have their chamchas in every place. 

KKHH was a ATBB, Ghulam and Earth were not.

SRK maybe a narcissistic tit, but I see put box office success as. a measure of success for a movie star and his stardom, and SRK had a purple patch during late 90s and early 00s, with few hiccups due to HR.

Whether we like his movies or not, is our opinion, but him being the biggest box office attraction at one was fact. Two things can co exist, but don't nullify each other.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

I don't remember Aamir calling "himself" Mr. Perfect. It is people who mock his over detailing and time taking between shots. While SRK is one who used a flop Badshah to keep calling himself Badshah of Bollywood. Even Amitabh never used Shehanshah to call himself Emperor of Bollywood. SRK is a Narcissistic.

Amitabh jis pedestal par hai usko to koi chhu bhi nahi Sakta. Such a long career and such love and respect from common man. 

Dexterlove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanya.91

yes he got special jury National award for his 1989 release RAAKH, just his 2nd film... a dark & negative character which was much layered & challenging then over rated srk's unbearable hamming in baazigar and specially in Darr.

Kids here dont know much about the pertinent information, and just post anything like this....

----------------------------------

The topic and the replies gives me an impression of post millenials or youngsters hit adulthood now whose source of information are wikipedia or gossip rumors. 

Dexterlove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anony-mouse

Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak

Raakh

Love Love Love

Awwal Number

Tum Mere Ho

Dil

Deewana Mujh Sa Nahin

Jawani Zindabad

Afsana Pyaar Ka

Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin

Isi Ka Naam Zindagi

Daulat Ki Jung

Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar

Pehla Nasha

Parampara

Damini

Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke

Andaz Apna Apna

Baazi

Aatank Hi Aatank

Rangeela

Akele Hum Akele Tum

1996 (You can see the shift towards doing 1-2 movies a year rather than the 4-5 movies a year kind of churn earlier)

Raja Hindustani

Ishq

Ghulam

Earth

Sarfarosh

Mann

Mela

After QSQT had hit success Aamir had a flurry of movies offered.For the record he had signed 10 films.Some flopped,some shelved.Out of which Dil revived his career.

Jo Jeeta was filmed 3 times and took 3 years in the making.Andaaz Apna Apna took 4 years in the making.

Anony-mouse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think the point I was trying to make, which got completely overlooked btw in the Khan fanwars (I cant believe we are still fighting this fight in 2019), Bollywood has had a mix of insiders and outsiders in every phase. Sometimes its the women and sometimes it the men. How is it that the nepotism debate doesnt seem to die down at all nowadays.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Anony-mouse

I think the point I was trying to make, which got completely overlooked btw in the Khan fanwars (I cant believe we are still fighting this fight in 2019), Bollywood has had a mix of insiders and outsiders in every phase. Sometimes its the women and sometimes it the men. How is it that the nepotism debate doesnt seem to die down at all nowadays.

Bcoz there was no twitter or IF in those days where velle log would keep on discussing same topic for ages..going round n round.

Even actors' managers stuck to their job of managing schedules and careers rather than commenting on other actors

Anony-mouse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: niyati13

Bcoz there was no twitter or IF in those days where velle log would keep on discussing same topic for ages..going round n round.

Even actors' managers stuck to their job of managing schedules and careers rather than commenting on other actors

Ha ha..I see what you did there! 

powpow thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think Bollywood sort of got ugly in the mid 90s and early 2000s.. especially with Yrf, Srk and Kjo's grass root/unofficial PR manipulations.. paying off award shows, magazines, movie critics etc. Before this, if you google old Bollywood pics you see a very friendly and 'healthy' competition vibe between actors/stars of previous eras. You had Dev, Raj and Dilip trio, Rishi and the 70s actors and in the 80s, you had Anil, Jackie and then Salman and Aamir's starting out.. and doing their thang... until ofc Srk came in and tried to take advantage of the status quo and dominate or at least create an 'illusion' of domination, actively spreading titles as 'King khan', 'badshah' etc.. and the rest just kept doing their thaaang. It's only the late 2000s that everyone body else started with their PR etc. suddenly everybody else was getting as much exposure/acclaim for their work.. that Srk 'new money' started losing it.. and got left behind..