Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

What is NK up to on one side he lives Lavanya n spent night with her n on the other side he is with Monica all of this is confusing either he is trying to make Lavanya jealous or he is over as he probably portrays.

ilfordian thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

What does Lavnya want? Is Khushi helping or making things difficult?

Arnav has survived 3 days without drinking blood. Eleven more days to go. Will he last that long? Thank you for the update.

sursri thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Read all the chapters in one go.. loved the storyline very much.. its very unquie n full of suspenses.. 

Do pm me dear from now onwards so that i dont miss the dose of such good writing.

hararnav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Still so many days without blood for arnav, how will he survive? And nk and la are surely gonna neglect khushi between their personal fights and put her life in danger

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Lavanya needs to make up her mind. She is just stringing NK along and thinks that will work?

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Arnav holding on. He will make it through.

riya_deb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Nice update..

waiting for arnav to come back

12Sreema3 thumbnail

arnav should be pass the test.....please..nice chapter....i am really fond of this supernatural story....do pm me please....btw all the best:)

Real_steel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Read the story in one go. Awesome story line. Update soon .

Edited by Real_steel - 4 years ago
khushiforever thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Hey guys. Soon I will be moving all my stories to Wattpad. Just giving you a heads up since Wattpad is a little easier to deal with than India Forums. I will let you know when I have officially moved over to the other site. Then you guys can decide to follow me there or not. Thank you.

Part 29

Khushi quickly followed Lavanya outside where she she found her friend sobbing against her car door.  Khushi placed her hand on Lavanya's shoulder.

"Hey" she said softly "It's okay. You haven't lost him yet"

Lavanya let out a fake laugh "You must consider me so unpredictable right? One moment I want him and the next I don't"

Khushi shook her head "You have your reasons, whatever they may be"

Lavanya closed her eyes tightly "It's because of NK that I am what I am today"

"What do you mean?" Khushi asked.

"NK turned me into a vampire"

"Tell me about your wife"

Arnav looked at Alisha, surprised. She had never initiated a conversation before. However, he wasn't going to turn her down.

"Her name is Khushi" he said with a smile "She's... she's amazing. She speaks what's on her mind and never leaves me in the dark. She's like the ray of sunshine that won't burn me. She brings me happiness when I'm down, and calms me down when I'm a mess"

Alisha smiled "She sounds wonderful"

Arnav nodded. He leaned his head back against the wall "Our life would be perfect if my enemy would stop butting into our lives"

She cocked her head "Enemy?"

"He used to be my best friend. Let's just say he betrayed me and our friendship ended there and turned into something bitter, especially on his end" he ran his hand through his hair "He's a threat to my wife. He knows she's my weakness and has tried to kill her in the past"

Alisha gasped "That's terrible. Now you're stuck here for another 11 days. Who will keep her safe"

"I have two friends that I trust" Arnav explained "A vampire and a witch. They used to be in love once. I still think they are"

"But won't that hinder them protecting your wife?"

Arnav shook his head "If NK has placed the protection spell on Khushi and our house, she will be fine even if she's left alone within the house. I trust that they will only leave her alone under safe circumstances. I don't expect them to be with her 24/7. Besides" he sighed "I have hopes that during this period they can talk and perhaps even rekindle the relationship they once had"

Alisha had a faraway look in her eyes, lost in her thoughts about her sick husband "Love is complicated"

Arnav nodded "That it is"

NK entered the small room and found the nurse finishing up with Monica. Once she was done, she left.

NK approached Monica, who was lying down on the burgundy couch "Hey? You okay?"

"Well" she drawled "My hair was almost yanked out from the roots, and I have a sprained ankle. You sure she isn't your wife?"

He gritted his teeth "She isn't" he snapped "Get that through your skull"

Monica rolled her eyes  "Well she obviously feels something strong for you to behave like a caveman with me"

"I apologize on her behalf" NK said, honestly "I truly don't know what got into her"

Monica shrugged and sat up "Sooo lover boy" she grinned, pawing at his shirt's buttons "Just because I have a sprained ankle, it doesn't mean I can't perform well" she winked.

Khushi followed Lavanya to her room and sat on the bed.

"Now tell me" she insisted "What happened between you two?"

Lavanya looked away, trying to hide the tears that betrayed her "We were so happy" she whispered "And so in love. I trusted him with everything. Back then, it was a sin to even think about laying with a man without wedlock but I didn't care. That's how my brother, Akash, discovered about us. NK had already proposed to me by then so we weren't too concerned with my brother forcing marriage on us. We were more than ready"

Flashback

NK rested his forehead against his new bride's "I cannot believe you are mine now" he whispered gently.

Lavanya blushed and giggled "I have made an honest man out of you"

He chuckled "That you have" he kissed her briefly "My love, you know I am a witch. I will never die but one day you will" he grasped her hands in his "I cannot bear the thought of losing you. I know I should have discussed this with you before our marriage but everything was so rushed and we were so busy" he cupped her cheeks "I want to spend eternity with you and not worry about there being an end"

"What are you trying to say NK?" Lavanya asked, confused.

"I wish to turn you immortal. I can't turn you into witch like me because you must be born into it. The only options that remain are immortals, beings that live forever but gain no power, or a vampire, just like your brother"

Lavanya shook her head "I do not wish to be a vampire. I see the sorrow it brings to my brother everyday and I just cannot... I would wish to be immortal NK" she said "But for now, let us just worry  about the present. You can always turn me later. After all, we have our whole lives ahead of us. Just promise me NK that you will never turn me into a vampire"

NK kissed her temple "As you wish my love. I promise" he, then, grinned mischievously at her "So, how about that wedding night of ours?"

Flashback Ends

"He was the perfect husband" Lavanya continued with a loud sob "He fought with his parents for me. They never approved of me but he never cared. He always held my hand and..." she bit her lip in an effort to keep her feelings within "And then about a year later...I fell pregnant"

Flashback

NK woke to hear sounds of someone wrenching. He quickly turned to find his wife in the bathroom. He quickly raced over and helped hold her hair back as she continued to vomit. Once she was done, he helped her clean up and lay back in bed.

"Let me get my supplies. I need to figure out what is wrong with you" he told her.

She shook her head "I am sure I will be fine"

"No" he denied "You are human. You are too delicate. I must find out now before it is too late" with that said, he scurried off to his second bedroom. A room Lavanya had jokingly said was his second bedroom since he spent so much time in there for practicing his magic. She didn't blame him though. Nobody knew he was a witch. If they did, they would no doubt try to lynch him. They just considered him to be a doctor of sorts since he always had the healing remedy for any disease. 

Her husband returned back with a thick orange paste and a small container full of what seemed to be  silver glitter.

He sat down next to her on the bed and covered his hand with the orange paste. He left the bottle of glitter open. Closing his eyes, he hummed a few notes before letting his hand hover over her for a few seconds. Magically, the silver glitter flew up in perfect symmetry and landed on her stomach, creating a heart design.

NK gasped and looked down at her stomach with tears in his eyes.

"NK?" Lavanya called out, worried "What is it?"

He raised his eyes to hers "Love, you're...you're expecting. We will soon be parents!"

Squealing in happiness, Lavanya sat up, forgetting about the glitter that dusted away from her movement, and hugged NK.

"You're going to be a dad" she whispered happily "And I will be a mother" 

At least she could do one right thing as a woman.

Flashback Ends

"You were pregnant?" Khushi asked "But what happened..." the words came out before she could connect the dots.

"I lost him" Lavanya said, with a strain in her voice "I was 9 months pregnant. NK had been requested by a priest to help his wife give birth. He didn't want to leave me alone but I had convinced him to go" she laughed "Funny how he got to help bring another's child to this world while ours died..."

Flashback

Lavanya squirmed as she felt the pain in her lower abdomen. She gently patted her protruded stomach, hoping to massage the pain away. However, it persisted. 

Feeling uncomfortable, she stood up from the bed and tried to walk it off. She glanced at the time.  She didn't know when NK would be back. Some births were quick while others took hours. 

Lavanya looked down at her belly. The baby wasn't ready to come yet...right? NK had predicted the baby wouldn't be ready to come out at  least for another week. She bit her lip. Could he have been wrong?

Over the next hour, the pain grew to the point it was becoming unbearable. Deciding to quench her thirst, Lavanya waddled towards the stairs. She grasped the railing but not firmly enough. Next she knew,  she took a misstep and rolled down the stairs at an alarming speed. Only once she reached the bottom could she manage to let out a scream of pain. She could see blood coming out and grasped her belly tightly.

"NOOO!" she screamed "I can't lose my baby! Not my baby! Anything but him!"

The blood, however, didn't stop from flowing. 

Lavanya let out another agonizing scream hoping someone would come.

But nobody did.

She grasped the necklace NK had given to her in case of an emergency. He had told her that he would have the other half of the crystal so if there was ever an emergency, all she had to do was hold her half of the crystal.  His crystal would tell him everything.

However, a few miles away, NK had taken off his crystal and placed it in his bag since it was getting in the way of helping the priest's wife. When he did see the crystal, it was too late...

Flashback Ends

"NK had been a wreck when he had seen me laying on the ground, unconscious and in a puddle of my  blood. The priest, who had come with him to drop him back home, decided it would be best to call another doctor" she continued.

Flashback

The doctor came out of the room with a grave look on his face.

NK quickly shot up from his seat "Doctor! How is she? How is the baby?"

The doctor hesitated "I am sorry..." he said reluctantly "I could not save your child. He was long dead before I came"

NK squeezed his eyes shut at the news. He had lost their angel. Their symbol of love.

"W-What about my wife? What about Lavanya?" he urged.

"She is alright" the doctor said. He pressed his lips together "However, the fall was too great. I am afraid she will never be able to give birth"

Flashback Ends

For PMs please buddy me at KhushiPM

Khushiforever's Index : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3870424