Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: astha36

I don't think Sunny is wrong in reciting this incident. Why not? If he really got played, which could very well be, then he can bring it up whenever he wants. If he was led to believe the movie would turn out to be different from what it turned out later, then it is the filmmaker's fault. These things do happen in this business right? Like Katrina gets songs added in her movies to make her role more prominent. Akshay was known for cutting others' roles. Same could've happened here or worse, the filmmaker knew he wanted a strong negative lead but didn't reveal that to Sunny so he got a star son to act as well. I don't find Sunny a loser for saying this. 

Exactly

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: tanvismile

Definitely SRK wasn't a typical villian ....he should be hated but he was liked ....that's exactly where sunny got played and he isn't wrong to say that.In any other normal movie we would hate the villian .It was written in such a way that people like SRK.Thats why its always being bollywood romantisize such things which is wrong.Now there was no need to stop talking to SRK for 16 years nevertheless he is just being honest why people going mad at him.Ofcourse now he doesn't have anything in his heart he just shared an incident of past.

I did not mean Shah was a typical villain.. I said Sunny was a typical hero.. I said he is silly at ever being mad at Shah for this.. Even if he was played, his anger should have been directed to YRF alone.. Shah was merely a newcomer who took a risk which paid off.. Being salty with Shah just makes Sunny a jealous and insecure star who is upset that a newcomer once stole his thunder...  

tanvismile thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Darling_

Comparing Sunny’s complete positive character from darr to an obsessed homewrecker after a married man glorified as positive is an insult to sunny’s daar character. Please don’t compare two. Sunny didn’t go after a married woman and was obsessed and pretending to be positive and having no ill intentions whenever he would cause problems between a married couple all the time. Always stalking the married couple whether in their proposals, their intimate scenes and heck even their sex nights. And as far as I see, majority still love the main lead who according to you was obsessed because people would rather see a wife obsessed with a husband than a homewrecker obsessed with a married man who can never move on and always come between a married couple. I still don’t see YouTube people understanding the so called positive character as they still hate her and wished she died for being the annoying and obsessed homewrecker she was. Sunnys character and her character are so different.  Their is not even 1% similarity. And I didn’t even like sunnys character because it was too boring, but I would never say he was negative or anything like that so called positive was. 

What u find wrong or right  is completely ur point of view. For me the ending itself reveals who was positive and who was obsessive.Both received their due s based on their karma. The person who received the love of her life got her karma while the one who was obsessive had to get killed by her love .

tanvismile thumbnail

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

I did not mean Shah was a typical villain.. I said Sunny was a typical hero.. I said he is silly at ever being mad at Shah for this.. Even if he was played, his anger should have been directed to YRF alone.. Shah was merely a newcomer who took a risk which paid off.. Being salty with Shah just makes Sunny a jealous and insecure star who is upset that a newcomer once stole his thunder...  

I think we need to see the interview to know it properly and isn't it quite a nice thing that he himself told it without caring about the judgement of audiences about him.

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: astha36

I don't think Sunny is wrong in reciting this incident. Why not? If he really got played, which could very well be, then he can bring it up whenever he wants. If he was led to believe the movie would turn out to be different from what it turned out later, then it is the filmmaker's fault. These things do happen in this business right? Like Katrina gets songs added in her movies to make her role more prominent. Akshay was known for cutting others' roles. Same could've happened here or worse, the filmmaker knew he wanted a strong negative lead but didn't reveal that to Sunny so he got a star son to act as well. I don't find Sunny a loser for saying this. 

Exactly, it's an incident that happened with him.... If asked he has all right to talk about it....that doesn't make him salty...

Also was he gloating about not talking to SRK, don't think so...... It was something he did, and good or bad he cannot deny it....

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: tanvismile

I think we need to see the interview to know it properly and isn't it quite a nice thing that he himself told it without caring about the judgement of audiences about him.

I have seen him talk about the incident some time back in one of his old interviews and so he did come across as bitter

Nope.. I don't see anything nice in it at all simply because he does not think he was ever wrong.. Its not like he is acknowledging he was wrong to have had bitterness for so long for so trivial a reason.. he is merely proclaiming his bitterness.. so I don't see anything nice in it at all..

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

He sounds bitter .. it wasn't about glorifying the villain but who acted his character better.. SRK as a villain is a treat to watch.. Be it in Anjam or Daar, he played his char impactfully.. It's no ones fault if you are an average or bad actor.. Stop blaming. 

A villain would still be a villain. Appreciating the character, the way the actor plays it out is one & sympathizing with him is another. Some people tend to think sometimes people support villains coz some good looking actors playing it. To which I agree, some people just can't think or see being looks but there are few rare characters where your heart does feel for the antagonist coz their backstory has things to do with their state of mind or act but that doesn't make them any less of a villain that tgey are.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

He does sound salty and bitter about it many years later which makes him seem immature.  But the whole story is not that simple.  

First of all I do think there was some glorification of SRK’s character in Darr.  He wasn’t a typical Hindi movie villain.  I mean they gave him an actual romantic song with Juhi.  So Sunny is not totally wrong in saying the villain was glorified.  

The role was first offered to Aamir who turned it down saying things like he didn’t have time or whatever.  Years later when he was asked why he really didn’t do Darr Aamir said that he had asked Yash Chopra several times for a joint narration with him and Sunny and Yash Chopra wouldn’t do it.  I know Yash Chopra is dead now and we shouldn’t speak ill of the dead and all that, but Sunny wasn’t the first mainstream actor to have had issues with him.  Akshay Kumar wasn’t too happy either after his cameo in Dil To Paagal Hai over some monetary issues.  So to me it is not that hard to believe that Sunny got played by Yash Chopra with regards to Darr.  

Oh really? I thought Aamir turned it down because he had already played a similar character in “Dewana Mujse Nani.” I mean in that movie stalking and obsession is glorified because Aamir ends up with Madhuri at the end. Interestingly enough there is a very similar scenes where Aamir is talking to Madhuri’s pictures the same way SRK talks to Juhi’s in Darr. Madhuri was also the initial choice for Kiran.

In any case I can see why Aamir would have the liberty to turn down a role due to professional ethics. But SRK as an outsider had to make his bread and butter off of what was given to him. So even if he did sense something unethical was going on professionally he didn’t not have the same security as Aamir to say no to someone as big as Yash Raj. He was as powerless as Sunny in the situation. So I am not sure why Sunny took it out on him?

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Now Sunny is with 56" honest party so why is he digging old graves

he won and now he can break furniture in parliament with his 2.5 kg hand

🤣

Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Shahrukh deserved the praise,  he was an experimenting actor be it darr,  koyla, ddlj or bazigaar he got few of the best chances in Bollywood :)