Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

What matters is that the people of India have spoken in favor of Modi and BJP by giving them an overwhelming mandate. By casting a vote, they indirectly told the world what they think about core issues such as nationalism, Hindutva, economy, which is a better party to deal with Pakistan and China, which is a better party to attract foreign investments etc.

What doesn’t matter is a few tone-deaf people speaking ill of Modi and BJP on forums and other social media platforms. Entertainment aside, that is.

K bhai !!! Long time!!!

Originally posted by: roni_berna

Which country has Modi missed visiting in the last 5 years? Let's hope he makes it this time :)

Yes I hope he goes to more countries bcoz India has its  strongest international support in decades especially the support we got after attacks. We need such ties. I hope your wish come true!!!

Edited by Ronaldo_fan - 4 years ago
NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tinaa11

Amethi ko rahul se bachaya

Half of bangal ko didi se

Bagaluru ko prakash raj se(came third place with whole lot of 28000votes rofl)

Rest of the south ko kamal Hasan se

Delhi ko kejriwal aur atishi se...atishi ne toh lost her deposite also,rofl

How much more can God save you from kuch apna bhi toh karo.lol

if i'm not wrong, atishi did manage to save her deposit though just barely - 

http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2019/may/24/after-bitter-defeat-kejriwal-to-begin-planning-for-assembly-polls/3c8349f3a946e0d64460ccdf15d657f9

🐷

Edited by Ronaldo_fan - 4 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

congo bharat. heard dis time women percentage voting is higher than men .

wat congress lost amethi lol . d anti india filths must be erased from earth . so by dis elections does it mean tat left ideology d pseudos n antis are totally rejected , inwatever ideologies n forms d anti development comes must be destroyed n erased from earth.eternal power to india.

adi parashakthi bless bharat forever n make it no1 in true sense ,it's rich glory ,d riches n rich Vedic culture n civilisation. d best of east n west d akhand bharat is d best forever.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO7xOHCnE4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGCKIala5a4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CTMEvnSJPI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPmeCersnA

JAI KISAN,JAI JAWAN,VANDEMATARAM,BHARAT MATA KI JAI, JAI HIND.

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: karti

Jitne bhakt yahan kush ho rahi hain unme se koi bhi india mein nahin rahta hoga

Bahar se hamara tamasha banta dekh kar kush honge

Yahan rahte to pata chalta

Mere office mein 80% staff work from home hai aaj, eis dar se office nahin aaye ke election results ke baad dange na ho jaye, yek ek badi MNC jo noida mein hai uska haal hai

@Bold: Too much of a presumption that none of the members supporting BJP live in India.

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

It has been proven time and again that badmouthing people doesn't make voters love you, instead they vote against you. But somehow these opposition guys and their supporters never learn. These social media warriors of the opposition parties, every morning they wake up, get on their high horse, take out their chosen weapon of laptop/ smart phone, start their journey across the social media world and in every step of that journey they label a whole section of voters as 'bhakts', 'brainwashed', 'illiterates', 'cow piss drinkers' etc. So far all that has got them in return is retaliation in the form of terms like 'libtards', 'sickulars'.

Instead, why not do some honest introspection, rather than just blaming voters for choosing what they felt was good for them. It's their vote, they can cast it in anyone's favour they want, it's the political party's job to make them feel that the party/ candidate is worthy enough of their vote. This badmouthing a huge section of voters just because they voted for a certain party is certainly not working. Yet the opposition party leaders and the supporters are continuing it for the last 5 years.

Another thing that should be kept in mind, every state, every constituency, every voter has their own set of reasons for voting for a certain political party/ candidate which is unique for that voter/ constituency/ state. The situation of West Bengal is not the same as Uttar Pradesh. Even within state, situation of Hooghly constituency of West Bengal is not same as Bankura constituency of West Bengal. Situation of rural areas of Hooghly is not same as urban areas of Hooghly. All of them have different reasons that made them vote for BJP. So, painting all of them with a broad brush as ignorant, illiterate, bhakts and cow piss drinkers actually demonstrates the ignorance of the opposition supporters.

If you are friends with different people from different strata of the society and friends with party workers from different spectrum of the political space, you'll know that the opposition has had several faults because of which people chose not to vote for them. I'm from West Bengal, I can talk about the situation here, more particularly about our constituency and why people chose to vote for BJP. Similarly, others from other constituencies will know why people there voted for whichever political party that won over there. Not everything is reported in media, so an outsider from another state will not be aware about every issue, but local people know what is going on around them in their locality and that influences them to accept or reject a political party. And if opposition supporters actually make the effort to listen to all these reasons, maybe they'll learn that not all of these voters are Modi bhakt or illiterate or brainwashed like they prefer to think, these voters actually have strong reasons to vote against certain political parties just as they have strong reasons to choose BJP.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I am a Modi Supporter in a Media Office Watching the Ultimate Liberal Meltdown

Illustration: Shruti Yatam

BY MAMLESH TIWARI MAY. 23, 2019

Looks like it’s going to be Phir Ek Baar Modi Sarkar. As Narendra Modi is set to make a comeback, I have front-row tickets to the ultimate liberal meltdown. I am the only BJP backer in an office overflowing with liberals, who are already googling which country to move to.

“Y

ou’re wearing this NAMO Again T-shirt ironically, right?” When I did not answer and simply smiled, she asked again.

This was a question thrown at me by a straight-faced senior at work. After all, how could anyone with a sound mind and a bit of logic be a supporter of Narendra Modi? The “decisive manipulator”“divider-in-chief”, the man who will take India back by some 50 years. Modi is everything evil and his supporters are bigots, illiterate, dangerous idiots and have a chowkidar in front of their Twitter handles. How can a Modi supporter be among one of us?

I have been following Modi for over a decade. My father boasting about the Gujarat model at every family function, was my introduction to politics. Through my summer vacations as a child, I saw first-hand the steady progress that the state of Gujarat was making, with the roads getting better and water, electricity reaching even the remotest areas in Kutch. I was Modi-fied.

Today, I am a lone Modi supporter working in a liberal media organisation. My colleagues consider Dhruv Rathee’s word to be the gospel truth, believe Kunal Kamra is India’s answer to John Oliver, Ravish Kumar is the custodian of all morality in the country, and a PhD in African Studies makes Kanhaiya Kumar the ultimate intellectual.

Advertisement

My colleagues live in Bandra but are more concerned about the abortion debate in the United States. They might not know who the BJP candidate from Begusarai is, but they’ll for sure know everything about Bernie Sanders. This is a lot who was on the verge of tears when Donald Trump won the presidential election and panicked when the UK voted from Brexit. #Truestory. And I’m pretty sure they take two consecutive lefts while driving to work because that is how much they detetst the right.

According to colleagues, Modi is an embodiment of everything that goes wrong in the country and he-who-must-not-be-named (Amitbhai) is the dementor of Indian politics. (Yes, a BJP backer can read Harry Potter and no I don’t pronounce Harry as Hairy or Hari). These two men in power, the “Thanoses” of India, are geared for the Endgame – turning India into a Hindu Rashtra, where everyone roams around wearing a bhagwa gamcha, people are forced to drink gomutra (made by Patanjali, of course) and voting will only take place on Indian Idol because democracy as we know it will cease to exist.

I get cornered easily by all the loud, liberal voices, but when no one is watching I place my hand over my heart like Aamir Khan in 3 Idiots and tell myself, “All izz well. All izz well.”

To be a Modi supporter, in such a highly emo environment is like being a good-looking chap in an Anurag Kashyap movie. You feel out of place obvs. On most days, I keep to myself, without retorting to their rants about the death of freedom of expression, judiciary and the destruction of every other pillar of democracy. But the last few months have been really stressful and somehow I’ve managed to keep my calm. Maybe it’s the yoga… that thing we bhakts hijacked from them liberals in 2014!  

Over the last six months now, I have automatically become the unofficial spokesperson for the BJP at work. Everyone comes at me with “Dekha tumhare Modiji ka pehla ‘press conference’?” “Yeh Pragya Thakur vikas laayengi?” “Air strikes ka kya proof hai?” Trust me when I say I have an even more difficult job than Sambit Patra because there’s no Arnab Goswami to save me. I’m the sole right-wing voice in an office overflowing with liberals, much like Swapandas Gupta on all NDTV debates.

Whenever I share any news article of a government scheme that has given us returns,  

I get dismissed faster than Rishabh Pant from India’s World Cup squad. Any report I send on the office WhatsApp group is fudged but the conspiratorial forwards about the EVM being hacked are “legitimate concerns”.

Every cordial discussion at lunch turns into an argument as four people surround me to tell me why I’m wrong. Just like everyone is trying to get that one Jain friend to try non-veg food and drinks, everyone is constantly attempting to “convert” me. I get cornered easily by all the loud, liberal voices, but when no one is watching I place my hand over my heart like Aamir Khan in 3 Idiots and tell myself, “All izz well. All izz well.” The election results will speak for themselves.

And today is that day. As the Modi-Shah juggernaut keeps sweeping state after state, I have front-row tickets to the ultimate liberalmeltdown.

If 2014 general elections are anything to go by, this is how it will all unfold. The EVMs have already been rigged. RIP, democracy, was the cry yesterday. By 8 am, they are praying for a miracle, all fingers crossed. By 10 am: They are prophesying the end of the world. By noon, they are talking about how they’ve lost faith in the system (for the seventh time in five years). By 2 pm, they are happy that Rahul has some chances in Wayanad. By 4 pm: They are hopping mad and making plans to drink. Hell it’s a dry day, must be Modi’s dikat. By 6 pm: They want to leave the country and are googling where to move.   

This is how it went down in 2014 and this is exactly what’ll happen today. Five years on, not one of them has they left the country. Also, there has been no apocalypse.

Tomorrow they’ll be back with a Blue Tokai flat white in one hand, lamenting about some tweet, ready to take on the world again.

If you think puppies are cute, you should watch the optimism liberals have in the face of defeat. When the Congress managed to do well in Gujarat and subsequently won Assembly Elections in Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan, the cuties in my office were convinced that the BJP Universe was going to come crashing down soon. When the exit polls predicted 300+ seats to the NDA, they were sure that there were many silent voters who lied to pollsters because they were afraid of the ruling government.

When all the other kids are discussing after exam whether the answer is 280 or 300, liberals are those kids that are wondering why no one got 120. And when they don’t like the results, of course, there’s just one excuse: The paper was leaked or the exam was rigged.

Edited by Hardik Rajgor

https://www.arre.co.in/pov/modi-supporter-office-meltdown/amp/?__twitter_impression=true