Giving The Wrong Message.

azaanabbas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Look. I am a very big fan and avid watcher of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. But never have I ever been so disappointed in the show before as i am now. The CV's should be promoting Naira standing up for herself! Revealing the truth no matter who is standing with her, be it nobody. Instead they show Naira scared to tell Karthik because of what he will think???? Seriously?? What kind of backwards soch are they trying to promote? It may sound far-fetched but think about maybe if there is a young girl watching this, and god forbid the same happens to her, they can even be influenced by a track like this and keep quiet about it which is totally wrong on all levels. I am not saying you get influenced by the show, but it happens. In Pakistani serials around the topic of harassment they show women standing up for themselves no matter who supports them or not (ie. Cheekh on ARY) but what is Star showing? They can easily show a strong headed woman who's vocal about Puru Mama's harassment even if her own husband or family does not support her. Instead what do they show? Please keep quiet, only open your mouth if you know people will believe you. This could be such a good social message but instead, it's one of the worst tracks they have ever produced. ðŸ˜¡

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fari_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
i would beg to disagree. Naira isn't being shown relying on Kartik. In reality, if something like this would happpen, you would tell the person closest to you before taking matters in your own. Naira is doing the same.

The message is not to be afraid of opening up to your closed ones, under the fear of not being trusted. Don't be a silent sufferer.

Idr watching a scene where Naira thought Kartik won't believe her and to hide the truth therefore.

Yes you are right that women should be shown strong enough to fight the battles on their own but wouldn't that kinda contradict the message for the family supporting the victims, trusting them, rather than being against them and the girls fighting for themselves? Kartik will believe Naira without any proof because that's what should be happening. That's the message they are trying to send out.

Be cautious of people around you, even your closest relatives.
Don't be afraid to raise your voice against the wrong-doers.
If someone tells you they have been molested them, trust them fully rather than victim shaming them and asking for proof.
Where's the wrong message in all this?
deepthiabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Why in first place she has to think about sharing it with her husband. A normal wife will definitely tell her husband what she feels and whats happening with her. 
I even tell my husband if some random guy is staring at me for a longer time.
Show something relevant, why aleays thinking about disbelief or support.
If their love is true and strong then she should not even think about sharing her plight.
Fireiswithinus thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sorry to comment here but . 
I would like to put my opinion. 
Naira is fiercely strong. But what she is doing is perfectly alright. I will tell you why. Our society has been like this forever. 
What dadi is doing is done in almost 70% of homes. That is what girls were taught back then. This is the atmost truth.  She is thinking about it. She stoop up to puru mama...and in further coming episodes she is going to tell kartik. As todays precap said. I haven't seen the whole episode yet .
But they are protraying dadi like this because in India i have seen ladies behave this way. 
Yes we are from new generation. 
Yes we are taught that what a bad n what a good touch is. 
But dadi being a delf obessed hypocrite doesnt understand all these things. 
I am so angry at her but at the same time this is what really happens. 70% of times girls are shut up. 
This is what i want to see that how even after telling to keep quiet naira is going to beat purus ass. 
She is going to do it. 
Infact the shivin iv thwy said that kartik was shocked knowing about mansi and he supported her. They made a plan etx etc. 
And naira being a girl she is doing fine. She is thinking how not to hurt her husbands feelings yet at thw same time beating the perverts ass.
And kartik doesnt know all this...it will hurt him like anything when he comesto know about his role model being so bad. 
And thus naira is taking time. 
If she is mature she is handling it.
Nayi soch is about being mature... and concerning the elders first. 
As a husband kartik would do everything but before naira...puru mama knows him n he knows puru mama since a long time. It takes time to process what shit is going on. 
I hope you get what i am trying to say.
Also if a girl sees this...she will see the outcome too. She will see that no matter what rishtedar...no matter what. You need to make him stop. And that is what exactly naira did. 
She did not flinch once. 
She pointed a finger and made him flinch instead ...and i hope any girl who has gone through this does it. 
Because when you point fingers and raise your voice...they back off even if it is one step.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I beg to disagree..this may be the ugly reality of the society and many homes , and its unfortunate that children and girls have to go through this , but who allows this to happen in their families that too for money? Its so low...i believe anyone who supports the "molester " after knowing what he did to her girls, and continue this injustice , should be put behind bars first..i dunno what naira is doing, sorry ..but its totally disgusting if kdadi gets away with this ..obviously mama will be punished n whatever .. Edited by _charu_ - 5 years ago
Fireiswithinus thumbnail
Originally posted by: _charu_

I beg to disagree..this may be the ugly reality of the society and many homes , and its unfortunate that children and girls have to go through this , but who allows this to happen in their families that too for money? Its so low...i believe anyone who supports the "molester " after knowing what he did to her girls, and continue this injustice , should be put behind bars first..i dunno what naira is doing, sorry ..but its totally disgusting if kdadi gets away with this ..obviously mama will be punished n whatever ..

This is exactly why i am saying all this.
Because this is the ugly truth.  Women specially in some homes keep quiet either becauseof the moeny or because of   so called izzat...
They get away with it too. By saying mein tou tumhara bhala chahti thi.
That is disgusting. 
I would hateit...if she gets away with it too...but they are showing it right. 
How in real life this happens...
Daughters anf daughter inlaws   are made shut up. And thus yhe molesters keep getting  encouragedd   
And also everything regarding  keep your mouth shut for izzat  is too low. 
But atleast this is gicing the message to not listen to elder women when they tell u to shut up.

Fari_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
The thing is, we can justify Dadi's actions by saying she's conservative and she's representing the core Indian audience who's watching the show. Her stance on keeping the truth hidden because it might harm Mansi's life might make sense to some but what ruins her character for me is the love and respect she still has for her brother. How can she go one praising him knowing what he's done with her granddaughter, who was too young to protect herself?
Yes Dadi hid the truth but at the same time she could have talked to her brother and asked him to maintain a distance from her family henceforth.
According to Dadi's reaction, she doesn't want the truth out because she feels indebted to her brother as he helped them establish their business. As someone pointed out in another thread, what Dadi is doing is equivalent to prostitution where she's selling the bodies of girls in her family to repay the creep for his monetary favours.
If she cared about Mansi, she would have talked to her and explained the situation to her on how victims are the ones shamed in such situations but she doesn't do that. She continues to praise her brother and puts him on pedestal despite of knowing everything. This is what sickens me.
Dadi is not conservative or traditonalist. She's selfish and self-absorbed who only cares for her position in the society. I wish she is not portrayed as a victim as well who was pressurised by her brother because till now she has shown no signs of dislike towards him.
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Fireiswithinus

This is exactly why i am saying all this.
Because this is the ugly truth.  Women specially in some homes keep quiet either becauseof the moeny or because of   so called izzat...
They get away with it too. By saying mein tou tumhara bhala chahti thi.
That is disgusting. 
I would hateit...if she gets away with it too...but they are showing it right. 
How in real life this happens...
Daughters anf daughter inlaws   are made shut up. And thus yhe molesters keep getting  encouragedd   
And also everything regarding  keep your mouth shut for izzat  is too low. 
But atleast this is gicing the message to not listen to elder women when they tell u to shut up.

Thats what i am saying . Core indian audience, core indian women . Plz dont generalize people in that way , it hurts. If a woman gets to know that her grand daughter has been molested by her brother , she might choose to keep quite for izzat for whatever reason but letting this continue is so disgusting ðŸ¤¢ this is equal to prostituition and first kdadi should be put behind bars..like how can they show such sick stories and ruin the  image of the entire indian society ..yes there are criminals and crimes which are far worse but they are trying to send out a message that this is ok in families ? And if they are showing this, dadi should be punished with mama for encouraging this crime. Show the reality as it is or even better , how it should be dealt with..they are not showing it right ..bec dadi will be forgiven. 

Yes. The girls spoke up and trapped mama ..thats all good..but if dadi gets away , its an epic fail . Their plan . Max she will hear another lecture from naira..thats it
Fireiswithinus thumbnail
Originally posted by: _charu_

Thats what i am saying . Core indian audience, core indian women . Plz dont generalize people in that way , it hurts. If a woman gets to know that her grand daughter has been molested by her brother , she might choose to keep quite for izzat for whatever reason but letting this continue is so disgusting  🤢 this is equal to prostituition and first kdadi should be put behind bars..like how can they show such sick stories and ruin the  image of the entire indian society ..yes there are criminals and crimes which are far worse but they are trying to send out a message that this is ok in families ? And if they are showing this, dadi should be punished with mama for encouraging this crime. Show the reality as it is or even better , how it should be dealt with..they are not showing it right ..bec dadi will be forgiven. 

Yes. The girls spoke up and trapped mama ..thats all good..but if dadi gets away , its an epic fail . Their plan . Max she will hear another lecture from naira..thats it

I am saying what i am seeing. 
The only thing is that how they show the outcome of kdadi.
Generalizing it because this is truth.
People do this. 
They are so strict with girlz to keep their mouth shut. 
They are giving the msg that when kdadi begged to naira. She didnt kept quite and told kartik. This is what the message they are showing. 
However she also spoke up to that pervert .
Also mansi is scared because this is how girls are shut up. If they show mansi gaining confidence and telling everyone all of sudden...that would not be right...it would be just a typical serial thus instead of mansi they are showing naira. Naira said to dadi whatever was on my mind. She didn't bow down.  She didn't kept quiet and that is what exactly we need to do to perverts . Because you cannot change dadis soch achank. 
You can't.  In real life elder people who are like kdadi...won't change thwir opinion.
No matter how much we tell or punish them thus the way to stop perverts is by standing up to them.