Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Kirk5

Thanks for replying. I will be waiting for your update.😊

no problem â¤ď¸

secular00 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Writer's Note

Guys thanks a lot for waiting patiently for the next chapter - so here it is. I hope you all would like it. Since my story just completed a year on I-F I wrote a little longer update as a bonus. đŸ¤—AND ITS ALL because of your encouragement.❤️ Also, I couldn't inbox the link to a few readers due to server problem so, I'd try again in some time.

Chapter 13

The practitioner took a while to comprehend the sudden tension in the room - an apparently enraged young man was standing in the doorway giving death glares to him and the panic-stricken girl beside him;

“What do you want, kid? Mr Singh has already been frantic about her health and you're sort of disrupting her on-going check up. Move it!" - As he fixed the rest of her shirt - gently moving his fingers onto her shoulder - Ranbir moved forward tightening his fist, trying his best to digest the scene in a calm manner.

“Are you the maniac dressed up as a doctor?”

“What do you mean by dressed up as a doctor? I am a doctor!!”

“Well, your disgusting features validate that your father had plainly penetrated into the wrong hole!” - While Prachi stared at him in utter embarrassment; the practitioner was equally left speechless.

“Now before you open your stinking mouth any further - allow me to tell you that you’ve been caught red-handed for taking advantage of the solitude and harassing my client!”

“Harassment? Who the hell are you to charge me for such a hideous act?”

“Officer Pratap - Special branch. What were you doing with my client half an hour ago?” - The pseudo aggression on the skinny face was soon replaced by pure fright.

“Wh- I mean - I came to - I mean treat her - Mr Singh is the witness.”

“Mr Singh just got shot and holds you as the prime suspect! 

“Got shot by me?? He was standing here some time ago! And I have been with her since then!”

“Do you mean that you knowingly sent him away so that you could fiddle with the integrity of this innocent lady? Smart move!” - The doctor’s face was blown with anger and shock while Prachi sat a bit upright - enjoying the hilarious cross-questioning.

“God no!! I - ask this crazy woman!”

“This is the only statement of yours, I would have to agree with.” - Ranbir let out a sigh.

“Excuse me? Didn’t you get cheesy with me, right after you stepped into this room - mentioning that the “fun” for me has just started!?”

“Is that so?” - Ranbir’s face hardened.

“Well yes! I mean - no - I...” - More than his babbling; a tiny red dot flashing through his shirt caught Ranbir’s attention.

“I am afraid but, your majority of the twisted declarations do not provide enough evidence. You’d have to come with me for further investigation.” - As Ranbir walked away; their eyes met. She observed the smooth shift of his facial expressions from mischief to being completely unsettled.

Making sure that he was far away from the door; Ranbir caught hold of the mysterious man’s collar - kicking him down the stairs. And while he tossed over the sharp edges of the marble; Ranbir held his mobile phone scattered on one of the stairs - keeping it safe in his jeans pocket. The skinny man took a few seconds to realize the hot liquid streaming down the corner of his forehead - before he could react - his nose was already smashed on one of the adjacent pillars;

“Are you out of your mind!!! Do you realize the penalty of attacking a doctor?!”- Disregarding his reaction, Ranbir moved forward by giving two successive, yet strong blows on the face, and a kick on the chest - hence the cunning figure landed rolling into the parking space; unable to move. Ranbir took out the slightly cracked smartphone - what he saw next intensified his temper even more. 

A video clip of outwardly uncomfortable Prachi sat with her collarbone completely exposed whereas the supposed doctor was too involved in massaging her skin - demanding more proximity - followed by Prachi’s picture already sent ahead. Clenching his jaw, he tightened his grip on the device and began to scan the surrounding area; his eyes fell on some of the wooden slaps and a bat in the corner of the garage. Gripping the bat with both hands, he stood over the gruesome figure laying on the floor;

“Not really bothered, if attacking a doctor would get me into any kind of major trouble. But I’ll make sure that a pervert like you never walks again, for filming the girl in my house!!” - Trembling, the raw-boned figure tried to run, when he got a sharp hit on the face with blood splashing out of his mouth; coughing and trying to catch his breath he stood up with his remaining strength. However another blow on his knee caps made him scream in unbearable pain.

“How much money did that son of a prostitute offer you?”

“I - I can’t - t-” Ranbir was one step away from finishing off the loathsome animal when his arms were abruptly held back. He found a pair of black shiny eyes questioning him with equal intensity yet contradictory emotions. While Prachi stood beside him expressing her anger and shock in silence; he immediately felt sudden peace conquering his inner demons hence pushing them under wraps. 

Jerking away Ranbir's arm, she walked a bit further to have a clear view of the scene. The petrified being was lying in an almost lifeless and bloodied condition - asking for mercy. Completely numb, she glared at Ranbir, who stood firm on his spot. Guilt-stricken; his arms fell to his sides in an involuntary fashion trying his best to avoid her accusing gaze.

“Pratik, this is the 4th time in a row that you’ve made the same spelling mistakes in your English essay! Why can’t you stay focused?” - Pragya lashed out at one of the notorious tuition kids - who was throwing his usual tantrums to avoid studying.

“But, I don’t want to… all of this is so boring! It’s been 2 hours since you made me sit and redo it. I am so exhausted! Can I get a lunch break already, please?”

“Absolutely not! Your grades haven’t been improving and the finals are on your head - I don’t wish to take any chances.”

“But, -”

“No buts, you’re the only one lagging behind in the group of kids and your parents are rightly worried. If you complete this essay without any mistakes, I would let you go early today. For now, do your work in silence!!” - The kid stood up, throwing the notebook and thrusting his bag and water bottle on his shoulder, beginning to walk away.

“Pratik! Get back here! Otherwise I am going to inform your parents!” - Pragya followed him till the main door.

“That won’t be needed! I don’t want to be coached by a mean teacher like you, at all!” - The kid stormed out banging the door. Startled by the unexpected rudeness of the boy, she slowly walked back to the dining area - Aarti gave a resigned look;

“What?”

“I’m trying hard to recall that when was actually the last time I had seen you smiling or talking politely to anyone around you.”- Aarti, who had been a silent observer of the heated conversation, remarked, offering a hot cup of tea to her friend.

“What’s your point?”

“Kids these days, would react to the tiniest insult done to them. Praise Prachi who tolerates your brewing temper for no reason.”

“You know the reasons better than anyone else.” - Pragya mumbled, sipping her tea.

“What are your reasons? You give your only daughter the toughest time just because she wants to know about her estranged father; you don’t want to show up to the boy; who has been going crazy searching for you all these years!! Pragya, money won’t give him that peace of mind - but your actual presence would!”

“That boy would be mature enough by now, to understand the logic behind my disappearance - besides, I wasn’t solely responsible for parting ways from him. As for Prachi, she has seen her father’s uglier side, long ago.”

“Abhi, I am getting late! Please give me the car keys!!”

“Getting late for what? What the f*** do you do all day anyways!”

“For the last time, give me the damn keys!” 

“Make me!”

“I - I don’t wish to get into any arguments with you! I need to be at work, or else I -”- Before she could finish her sentence, Abhi stormed ahead, squeezing her neck with one hand.

“Or else what? WHAT!! Do you actually think I am unaware of whatever the f*** you do out there? Sleeping with the school principal to get promotions is what you do! That’s what takes you so long to return!” - Pragya shook his hand away and shoved him back.

“This isn’t about me, but the reflection of your character. Someone who entirely lost his senses to drugs and alcohol can never be in a position to question my integrity and morality!!” - Infuriated Abhi smashed the glass bottle squeezing it’s broken edges onto her neck - when little footsteps distracted them - Chubby, little Prachi stood at a distance behind the door, scared to reach her mother. Abhi let go of the bottle in disgust showing his back to Prachi. Heartbroken Pragya covered her bleeding spot with a tissue and quickly moved ahead carrying Prachi in her arms and gazed at him;

“Don’t do this in front of her ever again! I’m habitual of you being an animal - she isn’t!!” - Abhi thrusted Prachi onto the sofa and held Pragya with all his strength.

“She’s not my daughter!! I would never accept her as my daughter!! She can never be as dear to me as Aadi!!”- Pragya smiled at him, letting go of his grip.

“I don’t feel angry anymore but I feel sorry for you for being such a loathsome human being! Someone who can hate his own blood is nothing but mentally ill! This is your guilt which surfaces every now and then! But you know what? I would never let it affect the upbringing of my daughter!”

“Don’t forget that you’re at my mercy! I can cut you alive if I wish to! So, do not provoke me again!!”

“No, Abhishek Prem Mehra! Not at all! It’s for you to stay on guard! You should never forget that karma hits hard and someday you would reach a point where you would be at my mercy begging to meet your daughter and she won’t acknowledge your existence!!”

Sudden choke on her tea, brought Pragya back to her senses;

“Hey, are you okay?” - Aarti offered her a napkin, “Where are you lost?”

“Just a solo guilt trip to the past.”

“I didn’t mean to upset you; I’m sorry. It’s just that, leaving both kids with unanswered questions would lead to a disaster!”

“Giving them my side of explanation would lead to a bigger disaster!” - Pragya concluded.

Since her teenage years, Prachi had developed a habit of going through different chapters of the Holy book depending on her phases of life. Even on a daily basis - she would pick one chapter trying to relate to her on-going emotional state - she would try to grasp the main idea and mark her favorite verses. When all other people of her age would usually indulge in listening to music or going to clubs in order to let go of their stresses; Prachi would invest her time in strengthening her bond with the divine authority and Neha being the closest to her - adored her habit. 

However, stepping into college life meant busier schedules and she had somewhat lost the plot and e-book reading had never been her thing. But, after Neha had literally begged her she finally got hold of the Holy book app and started to read it on the go. Youth of her age would often ridicule her, opting for such activity; but this was the only way she was able to heal herself and currently, it was one of those days - she was trying to normalize her horrified state of mind.

She had tried hard to concentrate on the verses which she had been scrolling through the phone, yet Ranbir’s sadism kept flashing in front of her eyes - the man lay in the pool of blood and Ranbir glared at him with pure hatred. She had gotten so messed up that she had refused to have lunch and went straight to her room; simply blocking all sorts of communication with the remaining members of the house and staying in for the entire evening. Understanding her position, Raghuveer didn’t question her even once for her indifference.

She had just finished reading and highlighting relevant versus when loud voices from the lobby distracted her, “Not again…” - letting out a frustrated sigh she switched off her phone and walked outside to witness the situation. Ranbir sat on one of the arm rests in silence, with his head apologetically tilted downwards, arms crossed and a signature frown obvious all over his face; while Raghuveer lashed out on him. Prachi stood leaning towards the railing, weirdly satisfied at the sight - at least someone could give the self-centered young man a shut up call;

“Prachi…” - Raghuveer called out, in the midst of the humiliation session, “When did you come out?”

“Just a second ago, when you were wasting your time and energy on your nephew.” - Ranbir abruptly looked up meeting her ice-cold stare.

“Thanks! You can retreat to your hole!”

“Must I remind you that I DO-NOT take dictations?” - Ranbir scowled in response.

“Ranbir, that’s enough for today!! You’re on weak wickets and you should know that!”

“Kaka, that’s not the reason why I came out of my room. I am leaving your house tomorrow morning. If possible, kindly make arrangements for my departure; otherwise, Neha is available on call.” 

“Listen! Please, I’ll take care of -”

“I have experienced enough violence in the blessed company of your nephew - in fact more than my actual share. Since you’re the only mentally-stable human in this house; I expect you to respect my decision.” - Straight-faced Prachi, shut the door, without waiting for any further response.

“Are you happy now? It’s all because of -”

“Jai has her photograph!!!!”

Pragya lifelessly walked into her room. The physical exhaustion of the day was not even close to the mental turmoil she was going through. This wasn't the first time Aarti had given her a reality check. On the contrary, from Pragya's point of view there was no point of fiddling with the burnt bridges; she had successfully buried the painful memories of the past within her. However, the situation was changing - others' lives had begun to get entangled too and it was high time that she had to actually deal with them. 

At present she was in severe need of letting her messy thoughts out to someone who could actually listen to her without passing any judgments whatsoever. Unfortunately, Aarti had left earlier than usual and Pragya couldn't blame her, she had plans with Sameer for their wedding anniversary.

Not everyone has a disastrous married life - she reflected. With her brain cells almost dying out of stress, she took out her planner from one of the side table drawers when a disoriented yet familiar piece of paper fell in her feet.

Having distasteful arguments with Abhi had become a vital part of her life. As weird as it may have seemed, Pragya was so in-tuned and immune to being humiliated by him under the intoxication of alcohol; that sometimes watching his ignorance left her amazed. She couldn’t argue with the fact that life hadn’t been fair with her. Beginning from having an abusive husband and weak footed parents had left her with limited choices at hand and she had single-handedly struggled to keep marriage intact.

After 2 years of their marriage, Pragya gave birth to twins Aditya and Prachi - hoping that the thought of becoming a father would change him for the better and thankfully it did but, temporarily. Pragya observed a visible discrimination in his treatment towards his son and daughter. While he went overboard pampering his son - Prachi was deliberately deprived of the basic necessities for the simple reason that Prachi reminded him of Pragya - the woman he hated and looked down upon; for having a headstrong personality. That was the moment when Pragya stepped out of the house to earn a livelihood with a yearning to fix things. 

Pragya’s job not only gave her an opportunity to distract herself from the living hell she was in but, having Prachi in front of her eyes was a pure bliss. After her lectures in the boarding school were done; she dedicated the rest of the afternoon to Prachi in the daycare center.

During that course of time, she observed a man sitting right outside the gates of daycare center with a young boy beside him on a daily basis - ironically a very good looking boy. In fact, the contrasting physical features of the two, compelled her to find out more. The man sat under a huge tree trying his best to provide shelter to the young boy from the scorching heat;

"Excuse me? Are you looking for someone?"

"I apologize mam, I'd move from here in just a bit! I'm really sorry -"

"Please, don't be sorry, you seem worried, is everything okay?"

"Pardon me mam but, I can't tell you… I really can't…"

"You can trust me." - Pragya sat beside him. On the other hand, sensing the genuine concern, he reluctantly let down his defenses after making sure of the surroundings.

"Well, my name is Ved and this is my s- this is Ranbir." - Pragya observed a bruised 7 year old aloof boy leaning back towards the bark of the tree eating a bar of chocolate. "I have been coming here for the last 2 weeks with an intention to get him there. But -"

"Stop letting out our secrets to strangers Ved chacha! She would harm us for sure!”

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she moved her fingers through each alphabet of the childish drawing, PRAGI MA - he used to lovingly call her, PRAGI MA...

Edited by manu9 - 4 years ago
mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Really loved your writing.  I felt very sad for Prachi 😭😭. Please make Ranbir little bit soft toward her. Prachi has already been through a lot. Also enjoyed Pragya's part too. waiting for next chapter.

secular00 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mala06

Really loved your writing.  I felt very sad for Prachi 😭😭. Please make Ranbir little bit soft toward her. Prachi has already been through a lot. Also enjoyed Pragya's part too. waiting for next chapter.

I know đŸ˜” But we can only hope that he mends his attitude... thanks for your feedback đŸ˜ƒ

secular00 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deepidj9

really a wonderful update. loved prachi as boss nd both of them, slowly they r coming close. now its clear ranbir nd prachi has feeling for each other. nd that guy ankit what an answer ranbir gave him when he mentioned prachi, as if she was ranbir girl. indeed she is. loved his dangerous warning to ankit.loved kaka too, how protective nd concerned he is for prachi the way he took class of that old doctor was too funny  nd that doctor don't know why I think divya must have sent him. He torn prachi dress, before she could understand anything ranbir came. now god save him. poor soul. now its clear, prachi is ranbir's girl nd if anyone tries to harm her he is gone. next update soon dear want to know what ranbir will do to that guy nd how will he take care of prach

hey I just updated chapter 13... I guess the msg isn't going through due to internal server issues

secular00 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kirk5

Pls tell when will u upload next part???

I am waiting desperately.

hey just posted chapter 13 on pg 31... I msged you but there's some server issue going on 

Kirat5 thumbnail

I have read your update and it's amazing. Keep writing and update the next chapter soon. Have a good day.😊

Christie2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

So boy and a girl for a twin. Wow. Loved it. Hope it turns out really well compared to what the screaming nitwit we have in our TV.😝 Just saw your DM today and came staight away.

Hope u and ur family r safe. I am. TC.

Edited by Janas2017 - 4 years ago
secular00 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Janas2017

So boy and a girl for a twin. Wow. Loved it. Hope it turns out really well compared to what the screaming nitwit we have in our TV.😝 Just saw your DM today and came staight away.

Hope u and ur family r safe. I am. TC.

lol not at all... and yeah I'm safe😛 Thanks for commenting..❤️