Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Paachaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: chachichampa

Hey... all you people forgot the total ban on media during Congress times and how even news was strictly censored to stick with the narratives of the Congress?  Now anyone presenting the opposite view towards anything pro-BJP is fascist and intolerant????  

Well, Congress was equally criticized and attacked for what they had done back then. 

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -RD-

So many done and dusted actors sprouting back as mushrooms to make a living and get back their fame out of criticising the govt for whatever it takes! Where were these people all these years when terrorist attacks and scams worth billions happened in india or have they just woken up from their pretty sleep now with an eye at the 2019 elections!

Such people freely attend nonsensical debates and press conferences to prove that the government is stifling FOE. Seriously! ðŸ˜†
chachichampa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Paachaa

Well, Congress was equally criticized and attacked for what they had done back then. 

Equally na?  Then why is BJP supposed to be the one stifling voices and fascist when we can very loudly hear the negative opinions equally for both?  

simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Equally na? Then why is BJP supposed to be the one stifling voices and fascist when we can very loudly hear the negative opinions equally for both?

Maybe becoz Congress did not do it as a routine and when it did it was criticised. They were more criticised for being corrupt. BJP on the other hand wants to control the judiciary the RBI, the constitution, the CBI etc... that's why they are criticised for that. All the time... they are looking at ways in which to control and maybe that's y they r considered fascists... in any case both r horrible. But fascism impacts emotion and that's y there are protests I think.
chachichampa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: simim

Maybe becoz Congress did not do it as a routine and when it did it was criticised. They were more criticised for being corrupt. BJP on the other hand wants to control the judiciary the RBI, the constitution, the CBI etc... that's why they are criticised for that. All the time... they are looking at ways in which to control and maybe that's y they r considered fascists... in any case both r horrible. But fascism impacts emotion and that's y there are protests I think.

The Congress did all that and more.  The big thing they had on their side that time was there was no social media -- only a government controlled Doordarshan and bribed up media and news publications a little later.  You have to only see how rich the media people from those days have become with no real legitimate sources of income --- and you can understand how they earned their incomes.     

BJP is really no more controlling than the earlier parties.  In fact it is really less I would say --- if they did what the Congress were doing in their time then I would justify the fascist tag.  But as things go now I am hearing strong voices on both for and against the government so I think the fascist tag is mere propaganda and intelligent people should be able to see beyond propaganda despite whatever side they are on.  Dont just get taken in by empty rhetoric.    
simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

The Congress did all that and more. The big thing they had on their side that time was there was no social media -- only a government controlled Doordarshan and bribed up media and news publications a little later. You have to only see how rich the media people from those days have become with no real legitimate sources of income --- and you can understand how they earned their incomes.

BJP is really no more controlling than the earlier parties. In fact it is really less I would say --- if they did what the Congress were doing in their time then I would justify the fascist tag. But as things go now I am hearing strong voices on both for and against the government so I think the fascist tag is mere propaganda and intelligent people should be able to see beyond propaganda despite whatever side they are on. Dont just get taken in by empty rhetoric.

I am talking more in terms of trying to control institutions in a very crude manner like they do. They also hv a host of publications and TV channels with them.. so I don't really bother abt it... but it's other forms of control which are not even sophisticated that ppl don't get it but very clear and in ur face... that's why everyone thinks that they are more controlling... general public feels that... they are not paid by congress and others... it's because of the way the BJP behaves... like I sd control is linked to human emotion... and so people react and intelligent people should always protest against that... strongly and vociferously and not bother about which party is doing it...
flipfl0p thumbnail
Amol Palekar was invited to speak about an artist (Prabhakar Barwe). He chose the event to air his political views. Organisers had an objection with that. It gets difficult for the organisers when guests do not want to stick to the theme of the event. If they let them go, it might dilute the theme of the event. If they object, they will come out as rude host. 

In Lakme Fashion event, Hema Malini and her daughter wore a saree by a designer representing Assam culture. After the event, Hemamalini did praise the designer, mentioned the theme (enpowerment of women in Assam). Along with that, she also tried promoting Easha's new movie. Organiser immediately cut her and said, event is focussed on designers and she should stick to that. Esha seemed agitated and left. Who is right or wrong? 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6djvZZ6b0Q[/YOUTUBE]

The invited guests can speak beforehand with the organisers, whether they can discuss other issues or not. If organisers agree, fine. If not,  take a call whether you want to attend or not. Do not hijack the event. Who ever is speaking about the event now (media), most of the people do not know about Barwe or his paintings. It proves, organiser's fear was right. (The theme of the event got diluted). 

As far as "intolerance debate" goes, Amol Palekar's incident cannot be part of that. It was not like audience violently or rudely stopped the event and organisers were left helpless. It was purely organiser's call. 
If you all this as intolerance, then every moderator of any talk show is intolerant. 

Intolerance is when an event has to get cancelled because of protest. Left are no saints regarding that. I can state many such occasions. 
When a right wing artist/journalist/academic is invited to an event, whole left wing threatens to boycott the event saying, they cannot participate in an event where misogynists are invited.
If you think they represent misogyny, why can't you have debate with them in the event? Why do you bully organisers to withdraw their invitation to the right wing person or cancel the entire event? If the organisers don't heed to your bullying and still go ahead, then paint the entire event as a saffron event, to satisfy your egos.

I can give instances for each of these. But it is not tit for tat. Left or right, both should learn to tolerate each other's views. But as far as the Amol Palekar event goes, it was organiser's call. I will not put it under intolerance. 
Edited by flipfl0p - 5 years ago
whit3dove thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Bolo azadi!! Bolo azadi!!
flipfl0p thumbnail
Azadi for what? To hijack an event?

Originally posted by: don12

If your paper is Maths and you are answering Geography whats going to happen.

This event was for fine art work of specific person called mr. barwe and instead of talking about that person Mr Amol Palekar starts criticizing the government. Disgusting.Look for a correct platform. I am happy some had guts to correct him.

If BJP was fassicts according to few people here then how come Amol Palekar is on press briefings after press briefings and nothing happened to him???

Communists ideology is nothing but terrorists. All books were written by them and they think only they can think the rest are idiots. its a good that things are changing because communists in India has no place.

+1 
yeh libarandu and leftist ek number ke fascists hai ..ya to inke jaisa bolo ya phir maar dengey varna intolerance  ... kerela is example 🤢 

Mujhe media main bolne nahi diya yah baat maine media ko press conference kar ke batai ..bada hi intolerance hai bhaiya ðŸ˜›ðŸ¤£