Posted: 5 years ago

I have seen  her in a few movies and not only I found her  beautiful, but she also can act.
 I am relatively  new to BW industry so - genuine question:
 What happened to her?
 Why isn't she getting roles?

This  thread isn't made for comparisons etc.. please understand. I would like- if possible- someone to please explain why certain actors do good (even when mediocre) and others that might be better actors,  fade.. in this case.. Bipasha.

How  come others that didn't  act/fare better ( no name named) and gave more flops are still surviving and being in big movies?
Edited by MoonOrchid - 5 years ago
As to your question to why some mediocre actors get roles and some bright ones also fail i guess it happens in all walks of life. Reasons could be plenty. Wrong choices. Meeting the wrong type of people. Less support from family. Fewer well wishes. Being at the wrong place at the wrong time and kismat or the luck factor 

As for Bips she made some wrong choice. I feel she did not network with the type of people who could push her. Or rather she met the wrong type of people in relationships who ruined her emotionally. Or maybe she focused too much on those doomed  relationships and less on her career. And maybe she too was not at the right place at the right time and hencemissed the bus 

All this is my openion and it could be wrong but i feel lack of support , correct guidance and wrong and draining relationships led to her problems 
Edited by NandiniRaizadaa - 5 years ago
There was a time when she did movies like corporate and had commercial hits like Race where she was the main lead and Katrina was the supporting actress. 

But then came the downhill where she did films like the one she did with Madhvan or the horror movie she did with her husband. 

Also, John being the jerk that he is messed also by dumping her. She hates him a lot which is very evident from her interviews. 
Edited by Ratukrus - 5 years ago
her claim to fame was being a sexy girl in erotic thrillers and horror movies or the comic sidekicks in major multi starrer.
So when she got stale, she had nothing going on for her.
She was never taken as serious actor, no matter how much revisionism IF shows by claiming her to be some great actor, she had a image which faded, she never reinvented, so there you're.
She has passed that age to get sexy roles...Edited by maha15 - 5 years ago

Thank you all.😊 Interesting and very eye opening opinions/thoughts.

Still ...she IS good looking and.. there are many that are worse than her  in acting ...yet others get  roles and Bipasha doesn't seem to ( or I am not aware).

What I am wondering is: did she decide to do less roles?

Did she feel frustrated with lack of good choices and went for  less commercially viable ones?
Does it have anything to do with other females, younger, but with similar looks getting her parts? Or being favored more?
 Or is it something more... insider stuff: as in.. was she sidelined?(not saying by John necessarily, but by industry walahs)

Not trying to accuse  anyone of anything. Just asking.
 Just wondering if she upset some powerful men and was ... silently.. not given great parts/ roles.

Other actresses have married or played the sexy  actress yet  still managed to keep a high profile.. even if the roles were smaller.. but still got  bit parts in  BIG budget.

Bipasha.. just seems to have .. vanished somewhat.. from social and movie  frontline.
 Yes we saw her at the Bhatt's wedding.. but you don;t hear her name as much otherwise.
She literally oozed sex appeal and sensuality. But yeah failure to reinvent brought an end to her career. 
She still had a decent career though, 2001 to 2015 is defiantly an achievement of its own. She had a better career than the likes of Lara Dutta, Esha Deol etc 
Originally posted by MoonOrchid

Thank you all.😊 Interesting and very eye opening opinions/thoughts.

Still ...she IS good looking and.. there are many that are worse than her in acting ...yet others get roles and Bipasha doesn't seem to ( or I am not aware).

What I am wondering is: did she decide to do less roles?

Did she feel frustrated with lack of good choices and went for less commercially viable ones?
Does it have anything to do with other females, younger, but with similar looks getting her parts? Or being favored more?
Or is it something more... insider stuff: as in.. was she sidelined?(not saying by John necessarily, but by industry walahs)

Not trying to accuse anyone of anything. Just asking.
Just wondering if she upset some powerful men and was ... silently.. not given great parts/ roles.

Other actresses have married or played the sexy actress yet still managed to keep a high profile.. even if the roles were smaller.. but still got bit parts in BIG budget.

Bipasha.. just seems to have .. vanished somewhat.. from social and movie frontline.
Yes we saw her at the Bhatt's wedding.. but you don;t hear her name as much otherwise.

give examples of actress you're talking about, or else it will not make any sense.
Originally posted by Thug-Leader

give examples of actress you're talking about, or else it will not make any sense.

I try to steer away from naming ...as  it always turns into .. ''oh, you bash'' and so on.. even if it's my genuine opinion.
 But think on it: other actresses married.. or did 'sexy roles'.. right?

Have  they all dissapeared?
 Is this 'the norm'?
 And if they did not dissapear... what do you think differentiate others from Bipasha? 

Is it because new/ more talented actresses are doing a similar role? Or just her bad luck/ bad choices/ not great back-up from producers?

Jacqueline and Kareena are called 'sexy' in the forum. Maybe others, too. .And they are getting  roles.  I  am positive there are many other actresses that have married and still got  roles.. even if not  leads in Blockbusters. So  is it  their  'star quality'  better?

(Not trying to bash anyone .. see this is where it gets hard.. You say something.. always someone gets offended instead of looking at the question)
she was never really a great actress, she didn't even modulate her voice to suit a scene, and lacked emotional connect with her characters thus easily forgotten by the audiences.