Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Bananahammock

Hello there! My name is Payal and I'm a new reader. I have read all five threads of your story, in the span of two weeks, which I must congratulate you on. I know myself that it's no small feat to keep writing for so long. Yours seems to be one of the only stories still continuing on this forum. I also want to commend you on keeping the medical aspects somewhat correct. It irks me to read stories where internships last 6 months and the interns are aged 20 years old. Granted, I am unsure of the disparities between US and India, but I am quite sure no MD is an intern at the age of 20. (If you can't quite tell, I am somewhat familiar with the field as I am currently a final year med student rounding in obstetrics/gynecology as well as trauma.)

Your story is quite refreshing as well. It seems you've kept it somewhat canon. I enjoyed reading about other characters (I stupidly was an admirer of RK when Madhubala was on) and while I do like Armaan and Riddhima, I must admit that Muskaan is one of my favorite characters in this story. I always felt that her character was downplayed on DMG. I do hope to see a happy ending for her here. 

RM has always been a favorite for me. AR was somewhat overhyped on the show and therefore didn't appeal to me as much, and AA are quite cute but unfortunately their story went flat too. AN are to this day still a favorite of mine. Unfortunately one can't say the same for them on the show. 

I was very active on RM and AN threads here, several years ago. Embarrassingly, I am unable to even remember my username from that era. I am hoping to start afresh with this account.  Mayhap I can find some old friends again. 

I was not looking to make an account, but your story has pulled me into its depths, and majbooran, I felt the need to comment and let you know how much your work is appreciated.

I am looking forward to reading more from you soon. 

Thanks,

Payal

Hey Payal!

So good to see you here as well! Welcome to ILYLTF! :D

You talked about the accuracy of the medical aspect of this story, so I just wanna say that this is not accurate at all, as per Indian standards. I don't really know how it goes here because it's so complex and I tried to ask a friend who was an intern 2 years ago, but it all went over my head. So, I just expanded on what we saw on the show. They'd just gotten done with their internships when S2 started, so they were seniors when the show began and now they're prepping for specializing. Which, I just added because I wanted to show them growing professionally and not just in their personal lives.

Muski is one of my faves as well. I love her so much. She will most definitely get her HEA in this story. Her & Rahul <3333333

I loved AR & RM on the show. I'm a complete AR stan, so yeah. And I loved RM so much and I'm just so mad that they never got their happy ending on the show! AA I was always on the fence about because Atul adored Anjy but she only saw him as a friend and the 2.5 years they spent working together didn't change that. So, maybe they would never be a couple. And AN! I'm really mad at Abhi for lying about the whole marriage thing, but other than that, they were also a cute couple. 

It absolutely means the world to me that you would create an account just to comment on my story. Thank you so very much! You're the best!! :D

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: millee18

Hey! 

I just finished reading this story in one go and i’m spell bound. Girl you made my heart flutter with this cute babies! I just love them so much and this story made me crazy about them :) 

You have my heart darling!!!! I can’t wait to read  more..

Please please please update soon!! Can’t wait for their engagement! 

Hey Milee!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so very happy that you love the story so much. Welcome to ILYLTF! :D

I'll definitely update ASAP! :D

DMGThings thumbnail

I apologize for joining the yells of "update! update!" but I am simply enamored with this story and cannot wait to read more. I dropped a comment on your other story after reading it (I suppose you cannot call it a "comment" anymore; it morphed into an essay along the way- apologies for that as well.)

Please do send me a PM if you can, it would be much appreciated. 

Hahahaha. Yes. I saw your comment there. I loved it. Thank you! :)))

I'll be updating both stories as soon as I can. I'm busy with college admissions and such at the moment so I'm trying my best to write as and when I can find the time. :)

Bananahammock thumbnail

I have never quite gotten a clear explanation as to the differences between the US and Indian medical systems. I suppose I haven't tried hard enough as well, but in the grand scheme of things, spending hours researching a system just to find the disparities between reality and a television show just seems inconsequential anyways. However I am glad that there is common sense in this story compared to others. Cannot quite tell you how blown away I am when I read about Riddhima, a 20 year old trauma surgeon at the top of her field who falls in love with patient Armaan, a 21 year old MBA graduate who has single-handedly created the biggest business empire in the world.  Makes me wonder if should have enrolled in her med school instead, as it might've saved me a lot of time.  😆

I am so glad this is a HEA story! Cannot wait to read more! All the best on your college apps! (And congratulations on your recent graduation, I assume!)

DMGThings thumbnail

I have never quite gotten a clear explanation as to the differences between the US and Indian medical systems. I suppose I haven't tried hard enough as well, but in the grand scheme of things, spending hours researching a system just to find the disparities between reality and a television show just seems inconsequential anyways. However I am glad that there is common sense in this story compared to others. Cannot quite tell you how blown away I am when I read about Riddhima, a 20 year old trauma surgeon at the top of her field who falls in love with patient Armaan, a 21 year old MBA graduate who has single-handedly created the biggest business empire in the world.  Makes me wonder if should have enrolled in her med school instead, as it might've saved me a lot of time.  😆

I am so glad this is a HEA story! Cannot wait to read more! All the best on your college apps! (And congratulations on your recent graduation, I assume!)

It is literally impossible to have an MBA degree at 21 and to be a doctor at 20, unless you're a genius at went to college when you were like 14/15. What the actual f***!! LOLOLOL. People don't always think stuff through, do they?

Yes, always an HEA. I'm a sucker for those. Literally cannot stand sad endings.

Thanks for the wishes! I didn't graduate recently. It's a little complicated. So, I graduated back in 2015 and started working to become an auditor. But in the past 2.5 years, I've sat for the finals 5 times and haven't been able to get through. So, applying for an MBA now.

Bananahammock thumbnail

I agree with all of the above. 

MBA's are always a good choice. I myself had the opportunity to do one (healthcare management) but passed it up in favor of delivering babies. 😆 My father to this day thinks I'm crazy.

DMGThings thumbnail

I agree with all of the above. 

MBA's are always a good choice. I myself had the opportunity to do one (healthcare management) but passed it up in favor of delivering babies. 😆 My father to this day thinks I'm crazy.

Well, you do you. I'm glad you're happy with your job! It's really important.

pari0706 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DMGThings

It is literally impossible to have an MBA degree at 21 and to be a doctor at 20, unless you're a genius at went to college when you were like 14/15. What the actual f***!! LOLOLOL. People don't always think stuff through, do they? 

Yes, always an HEA. I'm a sucker for those. Literally cannot stand sad endings. 

Thanks for the wishes! I didn't graduate recently. It's a little complicated. So, I graduated back in 2015 and started working to become an auditor. But in the past 2.5 years, I've sat for the finals 5 times and haven't been able to get through. So, applying for an MBA now. 

Becoming an auditor or accountant is absolute hard work. Trust me I know the pain. I graduated years ago and am trying to finish my course and become a CA but it’s very difficult to juggle work and study. 

MBA is a good choice -good luck with that

Edited by pari0706 - 4 years ago
DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: pari0706

Becoming an auditor or accountant is absolute hard work. Trust me I know the pain. I graduated years ago and am trying to finish my course and become a CA but it’s very difficult to juggle work and study. 

MBA is a good choice -good luck with that

Arre! Fellow CA! Hi hi hi!! Final?

pari0706 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DMGThings

Arre! Fellow CA! Hi hi hi!! Final?

yesss its always great to know that .... i am on the level below the final level ... but i am trying to get the Management Accountant qualification (CIMA).... unfortunately the studies are on hold for now