Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melkor thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Honestly I never expected anyone as of now to show actual history in a historical fiction let alone Swastik.I am used to their shows in a manner.
All I expected was an entertaining show which did justice to the characters.In this department the show succeeded in some areas and failed in others.When I got bored,I left it and then started rewatching at the last stage.
Anyway there is no use in complaining coz it's about to get over anyways.

Different people have different views about this show.Some are critical of it,some are indifferent while some really love and enjoy it on Twitter and Insta.
At the end of the day it's only a show.We watched it.We discussed it.We will move on.

As far as the actors are concerned then in my opinion,all have done justice to their respective characters.I never found any problem with any actor as such.
Laksh is prolly the youngest among the cast and still he managed to impress many with his acting.This show was a platform for him to demonstrate his improvement from his Warrior High days to Porus.He is only 22 and has a long way to go.Porus was a stepping stone for him.I shall look forward to his next show.

Porus also gave Rohit a platform to showcase his versatility coz Alexander was poles apart from Mirza Altunia.Sony Alexander was given the shorter end of the stick by the writer and still he managed to stand out and shine just coz of Rohit's phenomenal acting and screenpresence.I do hope he gets many more opportunities now.
EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Omggg @luckysnow...Till today i have read amost everywhere i went that its just greek sources which say "porus was defeated by alexander in hydapses war" and as it was believed that as greeks hero worshipped him...there are chances that they sided him with the result and then i learnt that quiet a number of historical facts supported that alexander won over porus. So i do believe that alexander really won but the basic base...the basic route through which these questions rose are also wrong for indian scholars is a bit shocking...the people raising questions arent illetrates know...unko nahi pata aur sources mein bhi hain ???...log toh yeh tak kehte hain ki alex apni zindagi mein koi war haara nahi tha...isiliye jab woh porus se haara toh greeks manipulated to keep his invincible image...agar aisa nahi hain toh debate chal kis baat par raha hain and if there are literally other sources mentioninf that " alexander won over porus"...than why alll this fighttt ????...Phir toh siding ka sawal nahi uththa...phir questioning kis cheej par hain ?...Can you please share the link of sources which also stated that alexander won the hydapses war over porus if you have...i would like to keep them for furthur referance. Edited by EtherealRati - 5 years ago
luckySnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: EtherealRati

Omggg @luckysnow...Till today i have read amost everywhere i went that its just greek sources which say "porus was defeated by alexander in hydapses war" and as it was believed that as greeks hero worshipped him...there are chances that they sided him with the result and then i learnt that quiet a number of historical facts supported that alexander won over porus. So i do believe that alexander really won but the basic base...the basic route through which these questions rose are also wrong for indian scholars is a bit shocking...the people raising questions arent illetrates know...unko nahi pata aur sources mein bhi hain ???...log toh yeh tak kehte hain ki alex apni zindagi mein koi war haara nahi tha...isiliye jab woh porus se haara toh greeks manipulated to keep his invincible image...agar aisa nahi hain toh debate chal kis baat par raha hain and if there are literally other sources mentioninf that " alexander won over porus"...than why alll this fighttt ????...Phir toh siding ka sawal nahi uththa...phir questioning kis cheej par hain ?...Can you please share the link of sources which also stated that alexander won the hydapses war over porus if you have...i would like to keep them for furthur referance.

There are many more sources about his invincibility...that's why mainstream history books don't consider these theories that he lost seriously... No acedemic history book takes these theories into consideration. One can always doubt and theorise but can't ignore contemporary sources...Indians also wrote ...we were very advanced civilization unfortunately our library was burned by Khilji so we will not ever find what Indian version was...
luckySnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ethereal I would like you to read memoirs of haninball, and twelve ceasers by Suetonius...Egyptian records can be manipulated like Greeks so no need for them... 😊...I will give you links, but not before Saturday as I will be gone for a four days now😊Edited by luckySnow - 5 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah, he is going to lose more people I think. Bamni doesn't look like that dagger did him much harm. ðŸ˜‰

I hope Hephaestion doesn't die in this war! It would break Alexander's spirits.

It looks like Seleucus would be back for revenge and probably be the one to kill Porus. 
Meghna333 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Even Persian have written about Porus, but his name is altered as 'Fur' in persian sources. Shahnameh of Ferdowsi (nation al epic of Iran) has extensive chapter dedicated to Alexander/Sikandar and his battle with Fur/Porus is mentioned!
First Indian Scholar/Novelist Budha Prakash who claimed
that Porus won against Alexander, used Shahnamah as his source to state so, however according to Shahnamah Alexander kills Porus and ascends Porus's throne!
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I'm still trying to figure out why Rohit has started growing his beard the last few days. It can't be for no reason. He remained clean-shaven for more than a year against his usual style so it must be important enough for him to start growing it again. I think it's for the death scene, which I'm sure will be mindblowing. 

Also, in his latest insta story his beard is clearly black against the blond hair. Looks quite strange. He must be dying to get his original hair back (pun not intended) the moment the show ends. I will miss seeing him as a blonde, since that is how I first discovered him. To me this has always been his look. 

I hope he tries a different look for his next role. I know he will pull it off.