Alisha Chinai on Anu Malik: Many women were attacked in his house

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

Singer Alisha Chinai, who had accused Anu Malik of sexual misconduct in the 90s, has now lent her support to the ones who have opened up about Malik's predatory ways. In a conversation with Deccan Chronicle, Alisha stated that every allegation levied against him are true. "Every word said and written about Anu Malik is true. I stand by all the women who have finally spoken up. May they find peace and closure in their lives." She also mentioned how Malik does not spare his own saying that Shweta Pandit, who has accused him, is the niece of composer duo Jatin-Lalit.

The singer added that many women were attacked in his house in the presence of his daughter and wife. Alisha pointed out that his peers continued to work with him despite knowing his behaviour. "Producers and filmmakers like Sajid Nadiadwala, Sajid Khan, J. P. Dutta, Gulzar and Rakeysh Mehra continued to work repeatedly with Malik, in spite of his reputation. Some of them must have definitely known about his reputation as the entire film industry, including his own nephews, composer Amaal Mallik, and singer Armaan Malik talk about it. Yet they turned a blind eye to his ugly behaviour," she said. She also wondered if Malik's wife, Anju, is either blind to his predatory ways or is blatantly just ignoring them.

Alisha has shown solidarity to Sona Mohapatra, Shweta Pandit and two other female singers who spoke about being sexually harassed by Anu Malik. The latest development on his matter is that the singer has been asked to step down as the judge of Indian Idol Season 10. Meanwhile, we wonder how he would react to Alisha's statements

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
He does give very creepy vibes. On Indian Idol recently parineeti came to promote namaste england and was recollecting her first encounter with Anu at yrf studios when she worked in their marketing department and though she was meaning to praise him but the way she explained the incident was creepy n he actually agreed that it happened the way she was narrating it... May the victims find their peace finally.
reallygotme thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shame this took so long to come out in open!! industry ppl had their solidarity with him for all these years yuckk
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I can't respect people like alisha who continued to work with him in spite of being sexually harassed, and now look at her acting all high and mighty!
LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Bollywoodlaver

I can't respect people like alisha who continued to work with him in spite of being sexually harassed, and now look at her acting all high and mighty!

I found that super strange ...she accused him of harassment and then some years later co judged Indian idol with him...sang and danced with him on stage 
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveEatLove

I found that super strange ...she accused him of harassment and then some years later co judged Indian idol with him...sang and danced with him on stage 

and now she is saying these people know? and I am like you also knew and you failed to take appropriate steps🤢
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

and now she is saying these people know? and I am like you also knew and you failed to take appropriate steps🤢

I read a recent interview of hers where she said Annu Mallik came to her and apologized and she agreed to forgive him and move on. I guess she got her closure by way of legal justice as well as an apology so she made her peace. 

But I find it shocking many people are turning out to be known perverts like Annu Mallik, Sajid Khan. How were they operating so coolly all these years facing no consequences whatsoever? 
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRager

I read a recent interview of hers where she said Annu Mallik came to her and apologized and she agreed to forgive him and move on. I guess she got her closure by way of legal justice as well as an apology so she made her peace. 

But I find it shocking many people are turning out to be known perverts like Annu Mallik, Sajid Khan. How were they operating so coolly all these years facing no consequences whatsoever? 

but she clearly knew that it was still happening? how was she comfortable acting all friendly with him in a reality show? please there is no good explanation for that🤢
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

but she clearly knew that it was still happening? how was she comfortable acting all friendly with him in a reality show? please there is no good explanation for that🤢

Hmmm...another explanation is she was paid to do it and she was professional about it. Many women were forced to work with their harassers after the first or several incidents. Doesnt mean she was ok with it. Maybe she had no choice...
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRager

Hmmm...another explanation is she was paid to do it and she was professional about it. Many women were forced to work with their harassers after the first or several incidents. Doesnt mean she was ok with it. Maybe she had no choice...

😆 she had no choice to say no and not to work with him in a reality show and recording songs for him? why was she handcuffed? ðŸ˜† if she had any morals she would have continued to speak out against him😕 the least she could do is not work with him! Bips never worked with Sajid again!
Edited by Bollywoodlaver - 5 years ago