Why Priyanshu Chatterjee never took off?

DavidBowieGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I think he is most remembered by his debut Tum Bin (2001). He acts good and is more handsome then a lot of other Bollywood stars we see, yet he was in not too many films, most I think he is not the hero and never became a star, why is that?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
You can be the most talented, the most good-looking and most hard-working, but if you're not in the right places at the right times then you won't become a "big star".
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
If you're a starkid BO does not matter. Harsh with 1.5 crores total BO gets work. This guy had no family, no contacts, no mentor  to capitalize so he did not make it. 
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Never found him good-looking but he was a very decent actor & has a nice voice & height, decent screen presence too. Could've easily become a star. Musnt have capitalised on his assets or more likely, just didn't have that special sprinkle of star-making luck! Would've been sooo much better to see him & not that horrible HarshBurden but alas, he is a mango Chatterjee, not a special Kapoor. 
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Never found him good looking. I don't think we should be comparing him to Harshvardhan. There is more than decade (almost 2 decades) of difference between their times in Bollywood. If we want to discuss why he didn't make it then he should be compared to his contemporaries who did seem to make it, or didn't make it. 
I think early 2000s were tough for newcomers in general. There aren't many actors or actresses who entered films at that time who made it. There were too many of them, a new one entering every other film. On top of that this new batch of star kids and very good looking models had entered. There weren't enough good movies going around.  And one or two good ones were taken by other superstars who were all working at that time. Even the star kids who entered Bollywood in early 2000s failed despite all their connections... Zayed, Tusshar, Fardeen, Esha, Uday, Tanissha, Arya Babbar, don't know if I should mention Abhishek, boy struggled from the beginning.

Also Priyanshu really had nothing to offer, like yeah he was okay but he wasn't exceptional in any one area that would've made fans want to root for him. He wasn't as good looking as John, Arjun Rampal, Shahid, Hrithik or Aftab. Not a great dancer. Not an action hero. Not a comedy hero which was big at the time. Who wanted to see Priyanshu romance when Hrithik was at his hottest and SRK? He failed to create a specific space for himself like many other people in his time.  
Nikhil718 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There was nothing great about him apart from Tum Bin. When you have ppl like him enter this industry it's important to find your way in via connections which he didn't have. Majority of his stuff were supporting roles but that's what he choose to do, otherwise who would sign him for lead roles? I heard he did some Bengali films but i'm not sure if there were lead roles or supporting roles.

ImagineMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Not a Nepo kid 
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
A lot of actors back then were handsome and actually looked 'mature'. 
Even adults back then, like common men... they were hot.. Not that there aren't any handsome men presently, but those men until mid 2000s were different, I can't explain, that kind of mature hotness is absent these days, be it cinema or real life.

Should've been born earlier, i don't like this generation 😔
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 5 years ago
GolguppaGuzzler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
He is handsome, I had a crush in him. ☺️ 
But BW like people who either look feminine like Ranbir or Varun, or gunda like Ranveer, there is no in between
beingsirius thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Priyanshu was so handsome and decent gentleman types, good actor with screen presence. 
He had to play second fiddle even to an Arjun Rampal in that Ash movie. He wasn't a starkid nor had connections.