Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Kaoridz

Do people really think it's okay to threaten people with a bloody nose on SM ?

Can't believe some here are supporting this guy!

Can't believe some people just refuse to understand what the other person is saying!! 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Flame.

On the 'bloody nose' - He spoke about dragging her to the court if she auctions it as 'Uniform'. Therefore, it should be taken in that context. Read his post and try to understand the context in which he used the idiom. By a 'bloody nose' he meant she would be dealt a defeat in the courts and not bodily harm. She twisted his words, ignored the context and threatened legal action (which is her right). Even the courts may have a hard time entertaining her misinterpretation. 

Well, then he needs to be more thoughtful about choosing his words. The phrase "give a bloody nose" is used both literally as well as figuratively. The tone of voice in the entire post was aggressive and threatening. 50% chance is that he meant it figuratively. 50% chance is that he meant it figuratively and that 50% is a huge problem. I thought most armed personnel were trained in de-escalation techniques and avoiding aggressive confrontation unless absolutely necessary. In addition, it is unbecoming of a military officer to be hostile towards an unarmed civilian. 

Originally posted by: Meherya123

u dont have the right to call a military personnel a troll. U wouldn't be typing all that u did in the comfort of ur home or office if there weren't these men in.uniform guarding us.

Why not? 

It is indeed a great sacrifice and noble gesture to put one's life at stake to protect other people. That does not mean I consider people in the military as infallible Gods. 

Respect is earned not given. Simply wearing the uniform does not earn respect. There are many wild-eyed 18-year-olds who don uniforms without understanding what it means. The military may guard some people, but it can also threaten people. It was these respected armed forces who committed horrific acts of rape and abuse in many wars throughout history. It was these respected armed forces who committed war crimes of pissing on prisoners of war in Abu Gharib. 

I am sorry. Being a member of the armed forces will never get automatic respect from me. Those who truly put their life on the line for the good of humanity, I will eternally respect. Those like this person who lose their cool because a civilian did not meet their arbitrary standards are actually disrespecting the uniform they wear. 

Heisenberg17 thumbnail
Some people are incredibly stupid on this forum, the so-called physical threat wasn't a LITERAL threat, it was used FIGURATIVELY, this is clearly obvious from the context.  Do people not used metaphors, simile in real life here? 
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: bips

I 99% of the times find twinkle tiresome but nothing in her original post demanded the needlessly lengthy debate... And his entire post is patronizing and insulting 

She is auctioning the "costume"  of rustom, right??... The whole debate bec instead she used the word "uniform".. She isn't actually selling a uniform.   Or have i misinterpreted the issue??? 

People have wayyy too much time on social media...

Btw, in his post he does mention that as soon as "woman"  (not only victim) mode is on, common sense mode is off... And that is a shitty attitude... We are a "mode" now? ... I thought we were half the world's population  

He pointed out the reason for not auctioning the dress..what if a person enters a restricted area wearing that?

Kaoridz thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: astha36

Can't believe some people just refuse to understand what the other person is saying!! 

You decided to take this interpretation but you don't know for a fact if he meant it like this or not.

Doesn't change anything to the fact that he abused her and she didn't !
Heisenberg17 thumbnail

You decided to take this interpretation but you don't know for a fact if he meant it like this or not.

People with a good grasp on the English language will understand exactly what he meant, and it's not what you think. ðŸ˜†
Kaoridz thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Well, then he needs to be more thoughtful about choosing his words. The phrase "give a bloody nose" is used both literally as well as figuratively. The tone of voice in the entire post was aggressive and threatening. 50% chance is that he meant it figuratively. 50% chance is that he meant it figuratively and that 50% is a huge problem. I thought most armed personnel were trained in de-escalation techniques and avoiding aggressive confrontation unless absolutely necessary. In addition, it is unbecoming of a military officer to be hostile towards an unarmed civilian. 

Why not? 

It is indeed a great sacrifice and noble gesture to put one's life at stake to protect other people. That does not mean I consider people in the military as infallible Gods. 

Respect is earned not given. Simply wearing the uniform does not earn respect. There are many wild-eyed 18-year-olds who don uniforms without understanding what it means. The military may guard some people, but it can also threaten people. It was these respected armed forces who committed horrific acts of rape and abuse in many wars throughout history. It was these respected armed forces who committed war crimes of pissing on prisoners of war in Abu Gharib. 

I am sorry. Being a member of the armed forces will never get automatic respect from me. Those who truly put their life on the line for the good of humanity, I will eternally respect. Those like this person who lose their cool because a civilian did not meet their arbitrary standards are actually disrespecting the uniform they wear. 

Thank you !
Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
@return_to_hades I don't know how to unquote the other member's reply in your post, therefore, making a separate post. 
Well, then one needs better comprehension skills, because the context in which he is talking is pretty obvious from his FB post, unless one wants to deliberately come up with a different meaning. He was very clear in stating his intention i.e taking her to the court. The use of the idiom was made in this context. Yes, the idiom has two meanings and that is exactly why one needs to take the context into consideration. Twinkle made it an issue by misinterpreting it. 

And how is expressing an opinion via a FB post aggressive confrontation? In his post, he was to the point and refused to mince any words. 

He is a veteran with a perspective that is different from yours and Twinkle's. Is that a problem? 
Or is it about taking her to the court? What is it exactly that's hostile and aggressive? 
astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Not for once did I think while reading that he meant it literally. Twinkle tried to twist it and I thought obviously everyone can see through that. Apparently not. There are people who actually think he meant it literally.

"If you even make a feeble attempt to auction this piece of costume in the garb of "UNIFORM" then I will drag you to the court. You may like to check my credentials. You touch our honour and we will give you a bloody nose."

He clearly said he will drag her to court. There is no reason for the bloody nose thing to be physical after that. It isn't just my interpretation, it is actually what he has written. It is a metaphor. 
Even some people with high end vocab are taking his words at face value. I feel me with poor English understood his point better. seriously  . astha I can't believe I m loving your posts lolEdited by FuturePapa - 5 years ago