Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: FuturePapa

we both fight a lot as she is deepika fan and i m Katrina fan. But when it comes to country and army we can keep fights away😆

This is not true. I don't fight with this person. Only she/he taunts me over things. It is because she/he is a Katrina fan and I severely dislike her. Nothing to do with Deepika in it. But I'm still glad somebody's having a laugh over this lol

Heisenberg17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kaoridz

No only people who take pleasure in seeing celebs getting abused will understand it the way you did.

No sane person will support these kinds of threats but yeah to each his own : we certainly don't share the same ethics.

By the way, I might not be as eloquent in English as other here because it's just my third language and I picked it up on my own but you're definitely not intimidating me. RTH expressed my thoughts better than me and it makes more sense to me than what you're trying to defend.

Jesus burying joseph, he has already clarified the matter to all those who misconstrued his FIGURATIVE expression (which was already clear as daylight from the context) as a literal threat.  

He also said "I'll drag you to court", now did he mean he will physically go to her house and physically drag her through the roads all the way to the court? No!

He doesn't owe anyone an apology, you guys misunderstood what he said, and tried to attack him like he's some sort of woman-beater on the basis of your own misunderstanding, so the onus is on you to apologise to him.
Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I believe that humans should be sensitive to the "impact" of their words. Even if words were misunderstood or misconstrued - if someone was hurt or offended or felt threatened by the words you use - you apologize. I don't think it is an apology for the words, feelings or intentions you have, but an apology for hurtfully impacting others. It is the right thing to do. 

No one is compelled to align with my notions. No one has to apologize. But when people throw words willy-nilly with no disregard for how they impact others - I see it as disrespectful trollish behavior. 

Most of the time on this forum - if I unintentionally hurt someone or get misunderstood - I apologize. And yes, there are times when I refuse to acknowledge my word choices were poor - those are my asshole troll moments. 

On a lighter note - words don't always mean the same across the world - for the longest time I thought peanut butter and jelly was the grossest sandwich in the world - until I discovered Jelly: USA:: Jam:India

He is a military man, and I am not sure about other countries but I have seen the Indian ones speak and express themselves in a certain, no mincing of words kind of a manner. Even when one sees them on TV debates, they appear very direct, and might I say a little aggressive (Not sure if that's the correct word - need help here). 

The current Army chief has seen himself landing in controversies several times due to some people often terming his comments as aggressive, belligerent, jingoistic, etc. But, they don't understand that when he is making public comments, he is not only speaking to the general public but also addressing his men in uniform working in hazardous conditions across the country. Through his words, he is trying to up their morale and sending a message that he is there to back them up when the need arises. I remember a certain Brigadier facing the wrath of several personalities for presenting an 'aggressive' lecture at an IIT institution, only to be later defended by a student who was present there. 

Therefore, I believe it is Twinkle who needs to be a little considerate here, and understand the context as well as the person these comments are coming from. And to be honest, it's not his fault if someone is hurt by his words because of their own ignorance. Before blowing up the issue, she could  have checked a dictionary. Also, I am pretty sure her lawyers would suggest her not to pursue this in the courts as it just won't be entertained. 

PS. Wow! Had no idea Jam was Jelly in America. Very easy to be confused. 
Flame. thumbnail

Originally posted by: astha36

This is not true. I don't fight with this person. Only she/he taunts me over things. It is because she/he is a Katrina fan and I severely dislike her. Nothing to do with Deepika in it. But I'm still glad somebody's having a laugh over this lol

LOL I am glad you two had a 'meeting point' and there was a cessation of hostilities for a while. Lets hope the peace lasts till the next Katrina/Deepika post props up in the forum ðŸ˜†
beingsirius thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
To Nautankiwalas a uniform may be just a costume but to the real he-men wearing these uniforms, it's their pride and everything. 
Paisa phek tamasha dekh ..people will never understand.

So what if he said ke naak todunga. Kiya toh nahin. On the one hand, women always wantto be treated equal as men and on the other, always going boohoo. Men say it all the time. Sometimes better to bloody a prick's nose...their addled brains get straight. 

Edited by beingsirius - 5 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Flame.

He is a military man, and I am not sure about other countries but I have seen the Indian ones speak and express themselves in a certain, no mincing of words kind of a manner. Even when one sees them on TV debates, they appear very direct, and might I say a little aggressive (Not sure if that's the correct word - need help here). 

The current Army chief has seen himself landing in controversies several times due to some people often terming his comments as aggressive, belligerent, jingoistic, etc.

Not just in India, but in many countries, military personnel have hypermasculine aggressive and jingoistic posturing. It is dangerous and damaging. It is a leading cause of war crimes and abuse in the military. In India, we tend to give a lot of leeway to military personnel. I personally have zero tolerance for such posturing. 

You can be strong and tough, without being dehumanizing, aggressive or belligerent to others. You don't see the good ones blowing hot air. 

Flame. thumbnail

Not just in India, but in many countries, military personnel have hypermasculine aggressive and jingoistic posturing. It is dangerous and damaging. It is a leading cause of war crimes and abuse in the military. In India, we tend to give a lot of leeway to military personnel. I personally have zero tolerance for such posturing. 

You can be strong and tough, without being dehumanizing, aggressive or belligerent to others. You don't see the good ones blowing hot air. 

They talk on TV the way they talk to their men. While talking to their men there is a need for them to be a little aggressive and it might sound jingoistic to some civilians but that's what keeps them going at the border. They have a tough job and if a certain manner of speaking by the seniors keeps their morale up, I honestly dont see a problem there. They have one job and it doesn't involve even a bit of diplomacy, therefore, I think we should cut them some slack. 

Ahh, if you think the Army gets a lot of leeway in India, you should check out the long articles that will be written when another wave of stone pelters will strike Kashmir. Illegal FIRs will be filed by the state governemt against army men, army personnel will be demonized for doing their job when a mob of 900 stone pelters surrounds their jeep, and a lot more. I am not saying the Armt shouldn't be questioned and held accountable. It certainly should be as no one should be above scrutiny but they surely dont get too much leeway in India.
 If the online praising is being construed as leeway then I think that is unfair. 
Edited by Flame. - 5 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

is twinkle planning for comeback ,seems her fav movies are chandramukhi n aparichitzzz lol ,publicity stuntzzz kaun troll kaun victim sab boring popcorn stuntzzz lol 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Flame.

They talk on TV the way they talk to their men. While talking to their men there is a need for them to be a little aggressive and it might sound jingoistic to some civilians but that's what keeps them going at the border. They have a tough job and if a certain manner of speaking by the seniors keeps their morale up, I honestly dont see a problem there. They have one job and it doesn't involve even a bit of diplomacy, therefore, I think we should cut them some slack. 

Ahh, if you think the Army gets a lot of leeway in India, you should check out the long articles that will be written when another wave of stone pelters will strike Kashmir. Illegal FIRs will be filed by the state governemt against army men, army personnel will be demonized for doing their job when a mob of 900 stone pelters surrounds their jeep, and a lot more. I am not saying the Armt shouldn't be questioned and held accountable. It certainly should be as no one should be above scrutiny but they surely dont get too much leeway in India.
 If the online praising is being construed as leeway then I think that is unfair. 

@Red - This is the most fatal, dangerous, and problematic assumption about the military. 

Even a military is all about diplomacy. No one should ever actively seek conflict, but be 110% ready if someone else seeks it. The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war. You have to put an effort to develop trust, respect, and goodwill. It goes a long way. 

Both sides of the argument down to "soldiers" in India. It reflects the sorry state of affairs. Its gotten worse than Murrica. A stupendous feast. 

I refuse to give a break to any aggressive posturing no matter who it is. 

Flame. thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

@Red - This is the most fatal, dangerous, and problematic assumption about the military. 

Even a military is all about diplomacy. No one should ever actively seek conflict, but be 110% ready if someone else seeks it. The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war. You have to put an effort to develop trust, respect, and goodwill. It goes a long way. 

Both sides of the argument down to "soldiers" in India. It reflects the sorry state of affairs. Its gotten worse than Murrica. A stupendous feast. 

I refuse to give a break to any aggressive posturing no matter who it is. 

What I meant by no diplomacy is that it's a job that is in the domain of the government and the diplomats. When things fail there, the job gets handed down to the army and then there is very little diplomacy involved. Yet, when there are military personnel to military personnel level talks between two warring armies, there are attempts made to seek a resolution. But, the words used here are not all about peace and love. Tough words are exchanged, talks of retaliation and consequences are made, grievances are expressed. Sometimes this works as it worked in the case of the 1971 war when in Dhaka General Jacob of the Indian Army very deftly handled the Pakistani General through words and threats and the war ended. The thing is we dont really know sometimes what works and doesn't work in a hostile situation. 

It's actually true when they say, the last person wanting a war is the soldier, because it is he who risks losing everything. More than the Army, things get dangerous when heads of states act irresponsibly ( Or sometimes maybe not, since North Korea came around despite the threats from both sides)

Edited - I might take a while to reply after this as I really need to go to bed now. ðŸ˜†
Edited by Flame. - 5 years ago