Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kaoridz thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: astha36

How convenient to suddenly remember that you are a woman and take another's words as a threat to yourself? He did say he will drag her to the court, or did she read that as a violent threat too? And then she dares to call herself a feminist? I used to think that she has to keep quiet about Akshay's misogyny at times because he is her husband but now I think she is no better herself. Also, liked how he said she should instead auction Akshay's awards for the oh-so-noble cause of raising funds for the NGO. There are many ways to raise funds and this can't be used at an excuse to justify trying to auction a uniform/ a costume in the name of a uniform.

Do people really think it's okay to threaten people with a bloody nose on SM ?

Can't believe some here are supporting this guy!

Kaoridz thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

To be brutally honest, he is a troll. India has some dangerously jingoistic attitude about military personnel and memorabilia. To a point that sometimes they even outdo Murrica. And outdoing Murrica in jingoistic military pride is a big feat. 

What Akshay wore in Rustom is a costume. Everything in the film and theater  is a costume. But actors and stage managers call them by their actual name. Scripts will say "X enters stage right wearing Nazi uniform." The Stage Manager will inventory it as 24th infantry uniform, 19th aiborne uniform. The costume is understood and implied. 

So it is not surprising that a person referred to a costume as uniform. Accidentally calling it a "uniform" is an honest mistake. I empathize with the sentiment that military might feel hurt by this misrepresentation. But it is an honest mistake. Had the army man sought out to teach and educate, it would be understandable. Had the army man even demanded respect and a correction, it would be understandable. I might have even understood the threat to sue. Free country. Let the court decide. But the fact that he actually threatened physical violence. That makes him no better than a troll. And you know the saying - when men with big guns feel the need to threaten unarmed civilians they're compensating for something too small. 

Besides, for crying out loud - it was for charity - for animal welfare. Since when did man-made ideas for ego become more important than actual living breathing life? 

Also, military auctions are not uncommon. There are auctions on military memorabilia and uniforms on a regular basis. Some are for museums and education. Some are for private collections. Some are for film and theater. Sometimes filmmakers and playwrights will try to get their hand on authentic merchandise for authenticity. 

https://auction.catawiki.com/a/th/2793-militaria-auction-uniforms
https://www.auctionzip.com/militaria.html
https://www.ebay.com/b/Militaria/13956/bn_1852614

Here is GSA.gov auctioning actual flag patches that are sewn onto uniforms. Think of this - the symbol of a nation and its pride is worth just $15.00 for now

https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/?sl=71QSCI18837020

It is also not uncommon for military members to sell their medals, either for charity or raise funds for their own needs. 

But I digress. Indian army is above anything and everything. How dare I compare them to military of other nations. Twinkle Khanna is a c**t for thinking she can sell even a replica of a uniform. 

Exactly what I was thinking ! 

It scares me that some people will argue the opposite and support him !
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
LOL! Way to twist the words. Both of them are acting so immature. What a sorry state of affairs. Even though I know both are just keyboard warriors but I hope even if there is a slight chance of admission of such an application in the court then they let it be. Our courts are already clogged. This will just waste the precious time of judiciary.
BeautyWidBrain thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meherya123

u dont have the right to call a military personnel a troll. U wouldn't be typing all that u did in the comfort of ur home or office if there weren't these men in.uniform guarding us.

Anything in the name of "freedom of speech" 
BeautyWidBrain thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: astha36

Some things shouldn't be taken lightly. It is a big deal for the armed forces, so it should be respected.

Everything should be taken lightly other than these BW people and their nautanki 
Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Twinkle Khanna is an intelligent hack like Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson. 
BebaakBegum thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeautyWidBrain

Anything in the name of "freedom of speech" 

Actually, this is exactly what FOS is. To express an opinion no matter how different it is from the general masses without the fear of getting beaten up for it. People on several platforms keep expressing their displeasure with the appointment of President Trump irrespective of the high stature(i.r.t of the position he holds) in the USA as the President. 

Edit: Forgot to add, What eventful day this topic came up, it is the International Freedom of Speech day today😆
Edited by -BebaakBegum- - 5 years ago
Crooked Twinkle and a dotard. Edited by TheBoss - 5 years ago
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -BebaakBegum-

Edit: Forgot to add, What eventful day this topic came up, it is the International Freedom of Speech day today😆

Wow there is a day for freedom of speech day as well ?
BebaakBegum thumbnail

Originally posted by: fivestars

Wow there is a day for freedom of speech day as well ?

Modi tweeted about it. I had no idea about this or any other days for that matter😆