Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Saroj Khan shockingly justifies casting couch in Bollywood, says 'At l

LoseYouToLoveMe thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Saroj Khan shockingly justifies casting couch in Bollywood, says 'At least it provides livelihood'

| 24-04-2018 10:07 am

Hack:

• Saroj Khan defended casting couch in film industry
  • Saroj justification and said that at least it provides livelihood

Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan has triggered a massive row after she defended casting couch in film industry with a bizarre justification. When she was questioned about her views on casting couch, she gave an absurd justification and said that at least it provides livelihood.

The veteran choreographer also asked a bizarre question, justifying her casting couch logic that why film fraternity is being targeted when netas do it too.

"Can I tell you one thing? This has been going on since the beginning of time. It hasn't started now. Someone or the other tries to take advantage of every girl. The government's people do it too. then why are you after the film industry? It provides livelihood at least.  The men here does not rape and leave you, said Saroj Khan giving shocking justification for casting couch.

"It depends on the girl, what she wants to do. If you don't want to fall in wrong hands, you won't. If you have talent, why would you sell yourself? Don't take the film industry's name, it is everything for us, she added.

Saroj Khan's bizarre logic comes at a time when more and more female voices are coming out to defeat this venomous practice of using girls in lieu of giving them a better role, job or livelihood. A few days ago several Tamil actresses came out and talked about the issue of casting couch, which was later joined by voices from Pakistan, where female actress and artistes accused a popular singer for harassing them. 

Bollywood actors like Kalki Koechlin, Kangana Ranaut, Sameera Reddy and Tisca chopra among others, had also raised their voices against casting couch in past and had warned the new entrants against the practice while narrating their own nightmarish experiences.

Here's what these actors had said about casting couch:

KALKI KOECHLIN: 'It exists! I managed to get out of it'

TISCA CHOPRA: In August 2016, the Taare Zameen Par actor shared her nightmarish experience with an influential Bollywood director from a time when she was a nobody in the film industry. She had made her debut but had no other offers. So when a famous director approached her she grabbed the opportunity not knowing that working with him would mean agreeing to be his "bed squeeze".

KANGANA RANAUT: "Fortunately, I never had to go through the casting couch. Honestly, I feel somebody has to be really dumb to think that they'd get a role for sleeping around. And I have never been so dumb  not even at the age of 17 when I started my career. People should use their common sense. It's stupid if you actually believe someone who tells you that he or she is giving you a role only if you please him or her. If the casting couch route was so easy, then all the women from the red light area would have been superstars today."

SAMEERA REDDY: 'Casting couch does exist, no denying it'

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Sabse wierd comment is from kangy... Aditya Pancholi ke saath kya shadi karne ka Irada tha? She very well was in a I've and take relationship to get an entry into Bollywood...
#JhootiNo.1