|| Of Rainy Evenings and Bleeding Souls - an OS||

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi All,
This is the second of the OS series. Please let me know what you guys think of this.

Please read the first one for better clarity.

Part one was for Sameer. Here is part two to Naina. 

For Naina I chose my forever favorite ghazal 'Aaj Jaane ki Zid na karo..." For me this is THE most romantic song ever. 

Youtube link for the ghazal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDJL2FyRDeA
Do listen to this. 

Here it goes...

Of Rainy Evenings and Bleeding Souls

It was a rainy evening, the continuous downpour reminding me of my own weeping heart. The clatter of the window panes caused by the eternal dance of the water and wind, bought back his memories. He had drenched me with his love, forever making me his. He had surrounded me with his strength, forever making me his.

My uncle and aunt were listening to their music in the hall and I was jealous. I was jealous of them, of their togetherness. I was jealous that they get to spend their evening with each other and here I was, alone in my room, with only the shadow of his love as company.

I felt everything was conspiring against me. The rain, the wind, this beautiful evening, my uncle and aunt, and now the tape player.

The first beat of the song took me back to that moment when I had seen him last. It was raining that day too. The rustling of the leaves, the earthy smell of the mud having quenched its thirst by the first drop of rain, the trees assuring of the permanence, and the heady feeling of being in each others arms; everything was bittersweet.

Aaj Jaane ki Zid na karo...

Yun hi pehelu mein baithe raho...

Haye Mar jaayenge...hum toh lut jaayenge

Aisi baatien kiya na karo...

I held his hand tightly not wanting him to leave me. My tears were masked by the droplets of monsoon, but how could I hide what was in my heart. It was screaming at me, not to let him go, it was pushing against my ribs, for it very well knew, it was a slow death, not to have him around.

Tum hi socho zara...kyu na roke tumhe...

Jaan jati hai jab uth ke jaate ho tum...

tumko apni kasam..jaane jaa...

Baat itni meri maanlo...

He pleaded with me to let him go. He was unable to hide his anguish, his helplessness, and so was I. How do I explain to him that he is mine, that I cannot be far from him, that I am his, that I will be lifeless without him. Or maybe I did not have to.

Wakt ki qaid mein...zindagi hai magar...

chand ghadiya yahee hai jo aazad hain...

inko khokar meri jaaneja...umr bhar naa taraste raho...

If this was the last time we met, I wanted to savour it, I wanted to live my whole life in those few moments. I surrendered.

He took my face in his hands and looked at me with an intensity which scared me, aroused me, excited me. He was looking at me with a thirst which could not be quenched in this lifetime, or several lifetimes. Then he kissed me, again and again, stealing a part my soul every time his lips touched mine. We held onto each other, crying, laughing, uttering sweet nothings, making promises to be kept for an eternity.

And then it was over.

And then he was gone.

--

Edited by Muggle_Diaries - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TereLiyeMINU thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Just feel the thumps of my heart, they'll tell you that I don't want to be apart. Just hug me and feel the shivers in my spine, they'll tell you that I don't want to be away from someone who I call mine. Just look at the tears in my eyes, they'll tell you that I don't want to say goodbye.
Yet you are gone..Gone to achieve a few more happiness,gone to achieve a few more feathers in your cap,gone to build a secure future. 
And my life reschedules and for your information..its not the same...

Kshiti! Hugs to you.This was so emotional and touched my heart.Been there so something hinged inside.Yes,it gets over and they are gone..
And for us for a few seconds..the world seems bereft of five senses.Fears creep and no matter how strong a girl is some where something breaks at the moment.
Yes! Life has to move on..but on tattered tyres or pumped tyres ..hardly any one notices.Life can be dragged and survived.And survival is not the same as living.
Loved this to core.Both the parts are just so beautiful and emotional and they successfully dampened my eyelids.
You write so beautifully,that needs no introduction and explanation.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Keep coming with more..

With love-
Minu.😳

Edited by TereLiyeMINU - 6 years ago
Phoenix100 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
😭... So emotional...  So beautiful... So painful to even read..
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: souhasini

Beautiful os. Naina😭😭

Thank You.

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Thank You.

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: angelic567

😭... So emotional...  So beautiful... So painful to even read..

Thank You.

Love
Kshithi
Tannu18 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It is very beautifully written Piece. I can not even read a story of them separating without controlling my tears how would i watch them getting separated. I ll not be able to see Sameer's sad eyes πŸ˜­ 
Ohh God I m crying 
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
This ghazal is one of my favorites too...been listening to it since childhood...we had a cassette with this ghazal on it n used to play it during evenings...everytime I listen to this, it reminds me of my childhood...but at that time, probably I did not understand the depth of the lyrics...the pain behind that voice...but now with age, I can feel the emotions behind it...n I could feel Naina's emotions here as well...yes she is desperate to hold onto him...everything beautiful reminds her of him...of the times she was in his arms...yes she would have wanted to surrender and surrender she did...for she did not know if she is going to be able to feel him again...what if time plays a cruel joke...
PS: I'm a big fan of kisses in the rain. I don't know...there's something about rains, which puts me in an altogether different world. So thank you for making their first kiss...a kiss in the rain...
Can we expect this story to go forward? I would really like you to turn this into a story...the emotions behind them when they finally meet!
As usual...a brilliant write-up...πŸ€— is story ko khatam karne ki zidd na karo...
Love,
Sur
Anjali33 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Dil le lo Kshiti
Such a fantastic, emotional n heart piercing OS
suhaaniladki thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
It was emotional but as usual beautiful