Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ani_gr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Beautiful yes.. she is gorgeous beautiful and everything... she looked royal in Padmaavat.. no doubt on that..
Mistyy thumbnail
please spare her already, it's time Deepika does more contemporary roles like Piku, Naina or even Meenama!
pallavi25 thumbnail

Yeh kuch zyada nahin, BAHUT ZYADA ho gaya 😆

I like DP much more than Hema (she had terrible dialogue delivery) 
But DP has not reached Waheeda or Vyajayanthi levels yet

And yeah, DP shd stay away from SLB, he gave her the worst written role in BM, he reduced her screentime in PV though she was the title character...Ratan Paddu's love story was cut short and weirdly abrupt 😕
Please DP,  do some good contemporary films now
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Everyone is unique. Each one is beautiful, but in different ways. Vyjayanti Mala and Waheeda are traditional beauties classic Indian features (so does Sonam Kapoor). Deepika and Hema don't have the conventional features (Hema has a broad forehead, Deepika's nose is too sharp), still they look really beautiful.

Deepika's dance cannot be compared with those actresses, who are trained in classical dance for years and give dance performance even at the age of eighty. Having said, I don't disagree, her dance has the power to pull audience (whether she is a great performer or not).

Interestingly two of these ladies (Vaijayanti Mala and Hema Malini) got the rare opportunity to lead titular role in historical movies ( Amrapali and Razia Sultan), which were big budget movies of their time (not comparing to today's standards). Though they were at their peak, they could not pull it through. Even Rekha's Umrao Jaan was critically praised. But commercially, it was not hit. In fact, Vaijayantimala was so devastated after Amrapali's failure that she decided to retire. 

But unlike their movies, Deepika's Padmavat became successful. (Yeah, Karni Sena yada yada). 

Their directors were not clever like SLB (And Yeah, Karni Sena... Yada Yad Yada 😆 )

Those days they made the movie and that was it... They hoped the product speak for itself no publicity, no clever PR stunts

And stars or directors never promoted their movies, once shooting was completed that was it for them

Those actresses had done other female oriented movies, title roles which were success

From what I hear Deepu has less screen time than others in the movie despite doing the titular role
(But it's not title role, right?)
Edited by ---Betty--- - 6 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: blue-ice.

Bus kar pagle...rulayega kya ab😭...She is better looking and better actor than Hema ji...but khabardaar jo Waheeda ya Vaijanti Mala ka naam liya..

No... You didn't 😆

Except maybe for dialogue delivery, which Hema always struggled...
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Absolutely true!!! She has all this & more but I don't agree with the Vjanthimaala comparison- DP is a million times better looking!

She is.  Actually, among the older ones,  I think hema m and madhubala  were the most beautiful .Bas. Only those two 
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Absolute BS!! Grace is missing in present generation actresses.. DP dance like robot is dancing, totally mechanical... Even PC had more grace compared to DP as we hv seen in BM dance face off...
greenletters thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well, if that's what he thinks. 💔
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

No... You didn't 😆

Except maybe for dialogue delivery, which Hema always struggled...

😆No I genuinely find Deepu prettier than Hema and a better actor than her too...Hema is no great actor...she was pretty average not to say her dialogue delivery sucked too...yes Hema Malini is very beautiful but Deepu in OSO was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful...I don't think Hema has ever looked as gorgeous as Deepu in OSO...but for other two I disagree...Both Waheeda Rehaman and Vaijanti mala were epitome of gracefulness in their hay days...Deepu can't even touch them forget about being like them.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: anjs

Of course...the most credible news comes from GOSSIP...just checked the meaning of GOSSIP in the dictionary...and it means FACTS⭐️