Users

Frequent Posters

maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: hasini009

Waheeda Rehman & Hema Malini agree with SLB😛

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7oBW8QsHmg[/YOUTUBE]

Padmavati's ghoomar dance inspired from Vyjayantimala's Devi Vithayar Bavani from Chitoor Rani Padmini?😲

Deepika's Ghoomar dance was good, but we cant compare her dance  with Vyjayantimala who ruled bollywood for 2 decades with her beauty, acting and dancing 👏

btw SLB said

From some angles, she reminds me of Vyjayanthimalaji. Sometimes she reminds me of Hemaji. And the grace with which she performed the Ghoomar dance reminds me of Waheedaji. 

its not Deepika's acting skills reminds him of the above said actresses😆

Thanks for posting the video 😊 Vyjanthimala's dancing was in a league of her own!

----

Frankly, I liked Deewani Mastani the best of their collabs, DP was stunningly graceful in that one, her expression and dancing, the way she twirled in sync with the circles was amazing to watch.
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: you2

Deepika ,after her regressive comment,didn't attend the Ivanka trump event which was attended by Modi.SLB didnt meet the 5 Chief ministers ..and show them the film.

DP posted pic of her attending midnight mass..which will not go down well with Sanghis.

If VB has also signed the anti Modi letter.Expect a lot of trouble.

But then,If she were seen with Shivsena leader,CMs like Kjo,SRK,Akki etc..I wouldnt be her fan.

So lets see what happens!

Deepika's Dad was awarded by Vice Pres Naidu last month. I do not think there is gonna be any RW rage against her. Plus her Dad being a sporting legend always gives her a positive image boost.

NA in the foreseeable future does seem difficult cause yeah she has pissed off BJP to an extent. Lets see

The letter is too old to matter now. And almost all directors had signed it. 

https://www.ndtv.com/elections-news/anti-modi-appeal-from-bollywood-personalities-leaves-film-industry-divided-557648?amp=1&akamai-rum=off
JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Mishh007.

...And with the way she made me so much money, she reminds me of ATM..

Bhansali is luring her.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Resident_Evil

Well Piku i understand. But still that was no NA winning performance either. It was just her playing her true self on celluloid. 

Many NA winners didnt give NA winning performances. Its not such a big deal. Problem is when its too obvious like Akshay for Rustom. Otherwise even Big B was just ok in Piku.
Edited by TheRager - 6 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: hantel

Dunno if he jumped ship or not, he pissed off RWers during Haider. But hey, that's his movie, not the real VB, even SLB pretended to piss RWers off through his promotion plan which melted Pak RWers heart and they didn't ban the movie where the Muslim ruler was shown as a pervert.

Hmmm...actually next year is a bit uncertain. I think the current government will try to award all its loyalists especially if general elections happen next year. 

Bhansali sees glimpses of three legendary actresses in Deepika. He says, "From some angles, she reminds me of Vyjayanthimalaji. Sometimes she reminds me of Hemaji. And the grace with which she performed the Ghoomar dance reminds me of Waheedaji. I strongly believe Deepika has the potential to join the ranks of our legendary actresses.

SLB really needs to stop trolling his so-called muse! 🤡

Edited by flameofdarkness - 6 years ago
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: TheRager

I think she expected for Piku. Big B ensured she didnt get one for the 'insult' of not inviting him to Piku success party and then spreading blinds of him harassing her. 

such a kameena he is
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TheRager

Will her film with Vishal release this year? Is VB a RWer? Then she can expect something next year. 

He's a leftist, not openly though. Haider got controversy and he was the only one who spoke about Padmavati during the Goa film festival openly 
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: anjs

such a kameena he is

And then 'someone's called for kangu 
flipfl0p thumbnail
Everyone is unique. Each one is beautiful, but in different ways. Vyjayanti Mala and Waheeda are traditional beauties classic Indian features (so does Sonam Kapoor). Deepika and Hema don't have the conventional features (Hema has a broad forehead, Deepika's nose is too sharp), still they look really beautiful.

Deepika's dance cannot be compared with those actresses, who are trained in classical dance for years and give dance performance even at the age of eighty. Having said, I don't disagree, her dance has the power to pull audience (whether she is a great performer or not).

Interestingly two of these ladies (Vaijayanti Mala and Hema Malini) got the rare opportunity to lead titular role in historical movies ( Amrapali and Razia Sultan), which were big budget movies of their time (not comparing to today's standards). Though they were at their peak, they could not pull it through. Even Rekha's Umrao Jaan was critically praised. But commercially, it was not hit. In fact, Vaijayantimala was so devastated after Amrapali's failure that she decided to retire. 

But unlike their movies, Deepika's Padmavat became successful. (Yeah, Karni Sena yada yada).