Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
What BS!! This is too much!! πŸ˜²πŸ˜†
DP is nowhere near to be compared to the beauties back then!! Such an overrated actress!! 

flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi25

Hema's dialogue delivery was so bad.πŸ˜†...was watching Kudrat the other day on TV (reincarnation story), her gasping way of speaking dialogues made me laugh, even though they were serious scenesπŸ˜†

Waheeda was the most beautiful, graceful and best actress out of all 3 
Vyajayanthimala was a great dancer and a dramatic actress 

In dialogue delivery, Deepika and Hema match πŸ˜†. At least Deepika has tried and improved. Wonder, Hema ever tried. It remained the same or worsened.

Agree with Waheeda, Vyjayanti Mala.
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

In dialogue delivery, Deepika and Hema match πŸ˜†. At least Deepika has tried and improved. Wonder, Hema ever tried. It remained the same or worsened.

Agree with Waheeda, Vyjayanti Mala.

When it comes to dialogue delivery almost all actors are better than Hema, so that's no biggie IMO πŸ˜†

DP's voice was dubbed in OSO... When did I she start using her own voice?
flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

When it comes to dialogue delivery almost all actors are better than Hema, so that's no biggie IMO πŸ˜†

DP's voice was dubbed in OSO... When did I she start using her own voice?

Don't know. Did Rani also had a dubbed voice in that Khandala movie? Looks like many actresses have dubbed voices in their debut movies. 
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

I think Hemamalini is much better actress than people esp critics give her credit for... 
Critics always praised her beauty and poise to the skies but always added that she was not much of an actress... I totally disagree although there have been some movies she looked like she was sleep walking, she has done a wide range of roles and very convincingly too 

Strangely her dialogue delivery got worse as years progressed... You would think experience would make it better 

πŸ˜• this is so true..her dialogue delivery plus Hindi diction went from good to bad as the years passed..had read that a major reason why 'razia sultan' flopped was cause her Urdu dialogues sucked big time...'takht ulat denge' sounded as 'takht wulat denge'..
but she is good actress no doubt-her movies with Gulzar and 'ek chaadar maili si' are proof..
Edited by MinzPie - 6 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail

Don't know. Did Rani also had a dubbed voice in that Khandala movie? Looks like many actresses have dubbed voices in their debut movies. 

You mean "Ghulam"? Don't remember

Rani  has a distinct voice, so you can tell if it's not her own voice 

Btw I googled and Mona Gosh Shetty who dubbed DP in OSO has in the past dubbed for Ran (and Kajol) too among others 

I prefer it when actors use their own voice, even if their voice and dialogue delivery is less than perfect

As bad as Hemamalini's dialogue delivery was I am glad that they didn't dub her voice over :-)

But okay for debut movie I guess

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: MinzPie

πŸ˜• this is so true..her dialogue delivery plus Hindi diction went from good to bad as the years passed..had read that a major reason why 'razia sultan' flopped was cause her Urdu dialogues sucked big time...'takht ulat denge' sounded as 'takht wulat denge'..
but she is good actress no doubt-her movies with Gulzar and 'ek chaadar maili si' are proof..

Maybe in this case using dubbing artist would've been a wise decision
flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: MinzPie

Somehow, I was not convinced with her acting either. Even when she was doing a poor humble woman's role (in Gulzar's movies), her expression was like she is royal. (Her expressions are great in her dance shows. I don"t understand, why they don't show up, when she is in front of the camera). 
But she was good at loud characters. (Basanti in Sholey and the loud girl in Sita aur Gita). More like Kajol. Suitable for certain roles. But cannot slip into any character like Rekha. 

Basically her looks and her dance lifted her. But Rekha was a true chameleon. 
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail

Somehow, I was not convinced with her acting either. Even when she was doing a poor humble woman's role (in Gulzar's movies), her expression was like she is royal. (Her expressions are great in her dance shows. I don"t understand, why they don't show up, when she is in front of the camera). 
But she was good at loud characters. (Basanti in Sholey and the loud girl in Sita aur Gita). More like Kajol. Suitable for certain roles. But cannot slip into any character like Rekha. 

Basically her looks and her dance lifted her. But Rekha was a true chameleon. 

@bold πŸ˜† probably why he finally gave her 'Meera' where she had to look royal(for most part of the movie) but like you said her looks(EYES) and dance lifted her..

totally agree about Rekha..
Previous
1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Hema Malini Thumbnail

Hema Malini