Bhansali: Deepika reminds me of Vyianthimala, Waheeda and Hema Malini

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
SUBHASH K JHA
Published Feb 20, 2018, 12:10 am IST

After teaming up for three films, it seems surprising that Sanjay Leela Bhansali is not quite done with Deepika Padukone yet. One would think he has extracted all the talent and screen presence there is to get from her after Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram Leela, Bajirao Mastani and now Padmaavat, but the director disagrees. "There is a lot more to her. Lots! Deepika is one of the finest artistes I've worked with. Such thehrao and such grace! She never surrenders to melodrama even when there is ample temptation to do so. Look at the scene where she gives a speech in front of the women before they commit jauhar. Such control, restraint and so much emotive power without tripping over. I was so overwhelmed by how she handled the scene that I gave her a Rs 500 note after she finished it. I am sure that token of my appreciation is more valuable and precious to her than the entire remuneration she got for the film, he says.

Bhansali sees glimpses of three legendary actresses in Deepika. He says, "From some angles, she reminds me of Vyjayanthimalaji. Sometimes she reminds me of Hemaji. And the grace with which she performed the Ghoomar dance reminds me of Waheedaji. I strongly believe Deepika has the potential to join the ranks of our legendary actresses.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Spandana* thumbnail
Bullshit
Absolute lack of grace, elegance, and that inherent body language. 
Dp has a killer body and that is her ups. Her face is a no go. 

Last person who can fit in that category is Aishwarya. Sonam face would fit but her mouth puts her with the ranks of Kareena. 
Kangana, again, has a perfect face but her extracurricular activities sometime over power. 
Haven't seen much of aditi rao and diana penty. But if they could act, they can be in that category. 
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Bus kar pagle...rulayega kya ab😭...She is better looking and better actor than Hema ji...but khabardaar jo Waheeda ya Vaijanti Mala ka naam liya..
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Awww! Hopefully next time he also utilizes her as per what she is capable of ie what we saw in Ram Leela. Plus I hope no more teary eyed shots. 
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Wooing has started..

But it is time she stepped out of SLB's palaces.

Hema,Asha Waheeda have said the same about Deepika.There are several quotes by them.They all cant be wrong.

but fans would like to see her in Meenamma,Naina  mode now.

It has been a while..
PhunsukWangdu thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Agree with Sanjay. Cannot think of any other actress having grace other than Sonakshi.
DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
...And with the way she made me so much money, she reminds me of ATM..
kuchnaakahoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Just shut the f**k up Bhansali..
If Deepika is smart enough , she shd realise that he has shortchanged her and given her a raw deal in his last two movies.  
hasini009 thumbnail
Waheeda Rehman & Hema Malini agree with SLB😛

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7oBW8QsHmg[/YOUTUBE]

Padmavati's ghoomar dance inspired from Vyjayantimala's Devi Vithayar Bavani from Chitoor Rani Padmini?😲

Deepika's Ghoomar dance was good, but we cant compare her dance  with Vyjayantimala who ruled bollywood for 2 decades with her beauty, acting and dancing 👏

btw SLB said

From some angles, she reminds me of Vyjayanthimalaji. Sometimes she reminds me of Hemaji. And the grace with which she performed the Ghoomar dance reminds me of Waheedaji. 

its not Deepika's acting skills reminds him of the above said actresses😆

Edited by hasini009 - 6 years ago
KabhiKabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Most apt comparison. Deepika is a combination of Beauty,Grace and Talent.