Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
Shivi, I knew there was a historical account behind which the novel was based, but I think the novel itself is titled historical fiction because KM Munshi incorporated fictional elements in it, and as the show is inspired by the novel, I don't expect it to be a faithful historical account.

I might watch it for as long as it holds my attention, lol. I'm excited to see Mrinal. 
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Somehow I do not feel movies should be adapted to serials. There are some stories that meant to be over, and cannot stand a drag.
I mean, look at Mahakaali- there are so few stories on Maa Kaali herself, and all they are doing is going on and on with Devi Mahaatvam. I've got no problem with that but they said Kaali Maa right? And I'm fairly surprised that they didn't even touch on the Bengali legends while Bengal remains to be one of strongest centres of the Shaakta sect!
And speaking of Bengali, has any other legend got stories of Krishna's pride-breaking ? (Breaks me, but everyone's had their turn so...πŸ˜†)
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

^I'd suggest you do it after this show's over, or you'll never find peace. πŸ˜†

Well I am the kind who adds an entire elephant if you give me a tail. Unless I find out who Tailapa I is, mujhe chain nahi milne wala hai! πŸ˜† And about Vakapati Munj, well I have to read the entire Indian history anyway, so Paramara dynasty kya cheez hai. 
Meself thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Shivi, I knew there was a historical account behind which the novel was based, but I think the novel itself is titled historical fiction because KM Munshi incorporated fictional elements in it, and as the show is inspired by the novel, I don't expect it to be a faithful historical account.

I might watch it for as long as it holds my attention, lol. I'm excited to see Mrinal. 

Even I knew that there were certain elements of history and that it had a fixed timeline borrowed from history for the flow of the story. But hell, I didn't imagine that it was actually centred around a historical figure itself. 

Vakapati Munj was a poet/philosopher king. I should have made the connection between the novel Munj and the historical Munj long back. Because the novel has so many fictional characters and scenario I always thought it was just a fiction set in ancient time. I need to dig up the book again to see how much it actually borrows from real history. 

Either way I am quite excited to actually watch the show. From the promo itself I can say that they have tweaked and changed a few details. So I believe this is a new story itself and I believe I will enjoy it enough. 
Edited by Meself - 6 years ago
Meself thumbnail
What the f**k??? Where are you people?? 

Come on its Saturday!!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Happy 10th anniversary to Anand Sagar's Ramayan! I can't believe a decade passed since that show aired. I feel old. πŸ˜† Congratulations to the entire cast and crew for their effort and hard work. πŸ₯³
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
OMG! It aired in 2008? I was a little baby back then! 
BTW do you know about Krishna's pride breaking?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

OMG! It aired in 2008? I was a little baby back then! 

BTW do you know about Krishna's pride breaking?

I was a teenager. πŸ˜† How time flies!

I don't know that story. Personally, I don't really care much for stories where Gods'/Goddesses' pride breaks, makes no sense to me. πŸ˜†πŸ˜³
RadhaKrishna_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hola Everyone! πŸ˜ƒ 😳 ❀️
After a long time , Phew! πŸ˜†

Who are up for Padmaavat ? 😳 

It's finally coming on 25th Jan , I am going to watch it soon..

I am loving all the songs of the film plus the new 3  dialogues promos are just amazing and powerful ... Goosebumps πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸΌ ❀️ Can't wait ! Such an epic! 

Hope that the protest soon comes to a stop ... It's really too muchπŸ₯±.

Janu di and Ramya , your siggies are amazing ! I loved it ! ❀️ ⭐️

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Hi Sumi, how are you? It's been so long!