Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aish. thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
I travel by auto around four times a day. And I don't get into whatever auto comes first. If there are already three men in it, its just out of my nature, I don't board it and wait for another. And generally, I avoid the  use of share autos at all.
Man people should really live in India before throwing around comments. She didn't blame the victim, she only advised other girls. And imo, the advice is perfectly correct. With the levels of stalking and Eve teasing we face on a daily basis, I'm just extra careful all the time and so should every one be. It's a horrible place out here. As much as I'd wish that I could confidently trust every man out here, the truth is, it would be stupid on my part to do so.
Edited by aish. - 6 years ago
djoker thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
just yesterday i had an experience ,i was quietly walking home not bothered from work my brother was waiting for me halfway through he could thankfully see me when this happened  ,suddenly an auto guy starts following me ,he asked if i wanted an auto i said no but still he slows down stars following wantedly breaks my path (by the way there was no footpath that road so was walking quite close to the edge and stars staring and says something and passes a comment ,my bro saw this actually sped his with his bike and gave him a bashing a police guy was also there thankfully he notice something was happening when the guy suddenly put a break !!! the cop arrested him though
Karishma700 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
When Lawmakers advise well meant caution to the victims rather than take a firm stand against the perpetrators it is quite clear that they have accepted the situation with a "Ye to aise hi chalte rahega, we have to adjust" attitude, you can be assured that they have no intention of correcting the situation. 
PhunsukWangdu thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Karishma700

When Lawmakers advise well meant caution to the victims rather than take a firm stand against the perpetrators it is quite clear that they have accepted the situation with a "Ye to aise hi chalte rahega, we have to adjust" attitude, you can be assured that they have no intention of correcting the situation. 

Aisa hi chalta hai is acceptable from aam junta who can't do much but she is a Member of Parliament a f****g MP and she talks like this. 
Karishma700 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhunsukWangdu

Aisa hi chalta hai is acceptable from aam junta who can't do much but she is a Member of Parliament a f****g MP and she talks like this. 

"What has happened with the girl is intolerable. A girl should be able to move around freely in our Country. 

Whether she chooses to travel in Public Transport or in a shared auto rickshaw, no man should be even touching her inappropriately leave aside raping her. 

If I find a single such case happening in my State/Country I will spend the rest of my life and my entire Political capabilities in ensuring that the perpetrator will pay dearly for his act. 

Do not dare to touch the women in our land without their consent of I will be your worse enemy for life

The women of my State/Country will be Safe AND FREE"...said no MP Kiron Kher ever. 

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
While it is slightly problematic, that isn't blaming, she is just asking girls to take that precaution. And it is a pragmatic thing to do if a girl is in such a situation.

However, we do not need an elected MP to be telling this to us. She needs to be working on educating men and trying to stop them from committing crimes.
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
No girl would ever want to travel in share rickshaws. It's her majboori not her choice. Kiron Kher should be condemning and punishing the rapists instead of advising the girl.
But I have to add here that I myself have traveled in share rickshaws a few times n have never faced any bad incidence. In fact the fellow men travelers would be so cautious of sitting next to a woman that they would scoot at one side, giving me little more space then themselves. I really feel sorry for girls who don't feel safe in Mumbai, cause I have never faced any untowards incidence.
~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Via twitter :
https://twitter.com/AlSoKohlic/status/937368787279519745

It was not even 7.

I stood by the roadside waiting for the city bus which I take almost everyday. A shared auto came and stopped infront of me, I peeped inside, saw a couple of guys and nodded a No. The bus arrived and I was relieved. Got on the bus. It was relatively empty.

Around a dozen males including the driver and the conductor. I took a seat and paid the conductor informing him about my stop. As I saw my stop approaching, I picked up my bag but the bus wasn't slowing down. And before I could say anything, my stop was left behind.

I confronted the conductor and he just wouldn't say a word. I yelled at the driver to no avail. I got to the first number on speed dial threatening them that I was calling my father which had no impact. I gave up midway and decided to call police, yelling it before I did.

The call didn't connect. The conductor reached for my phone. But I started to pretend as if it the call got connected and started blurting out the location. The conductor yelled at the driver to stop when he heard me taking to police. The bus stopped and I ran down.

It was dark and they fled before I could take the number down. There were other men in bus. Not even one spoke. I don't know if they were acquaintances but no one spoke. NO f**kING BODY.

Since last three hours, everyone is trying to make me see my mistakes, trying to shame my parents for giving me too much freedom and bringing it down upon me for totally unrelated stuff. And this will not stop. But I'd be damned if I STOP because of this.

Edited by ~*sindhu*~ - 6 years ago
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MinzPie

I just read your post and next thing I read on twitter is this..(happened in 1st class BTW)🤢

This is horrific ðŸ¤¢

Recent similar incident in all the international news was passenger sitting next to a woman in plane was masturbating : 

http://www.ibtimes.com/american-airlines-crew-forced-passenger-sit-next-masturbating-man-woman-claims-2564830

So should the owmen stop taking any public transport now because these creeps are everywhere ðŸ¤”