Mathlabi Log - Selfish People - A PreeRan OS

Sakura24 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi,

I'm convinced none of you know me, I'm Sakura a wandering spirit that had just boarded the PreeRan ship. Usually as luck would have it, I write for the couples I ship and post them in the relevant forum. So here's my first attempt on these two.

I'm not sure what kind of a reception this one will have, but of cause I hope you will enjoy reading this.

Okay, so this OS is set in an alternate universe, or lets say in a future time line, where Karan and Preeta have became best friends and were in the process of becoming something more when the Luthras had suddenly brought Rishab's proposal for Preeta. This is a short take on, how the two handle the aftermath. And I'm sure if ever the show comes to that, this is exactly how they WOULD NOT do it. We can't have selfish leads on screen after all.

Enough of my ranting, enjoy the OS below.

"What did you say? His voice had suddenly lost all its airiness and instead sounded rather forced and dare she say, a tad bit breathless. For the entire fortnight Preeta Arora had been waiting for this moment but now that she had become the solo focus of Karan Luthra's dark brown gaze, she was flustered.

"I said, wo...main... she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and looked away. The sun was dipping lower and the giant tree they stood under was tinted in its red and gold. Karan moved swiftly, caging her against its bark with his hands resting an inch on the both sides of her head. Their gazes suddenly locked and his look curious.

"I heard you the first time, he informed her, still in that clipped tone. "Well, well Miss Mental you're not as selfless as they say you are, after all huh?

She blinked once and clutched her jaw. Of cause she knew it will come to this.

"I'm not ready to ruin someone's life. If that's what you mean. And you, Mr. Luthra are you sure you're lecturing me on This? Haan, nahi kar sakthi main tumhari bhaai se shaadi! I will not marry him! If you're here to convince me otherwise you better get going right now.

He didn't reply immediately, as he moved back a little. She turned away, hands folded against her chest.

"I know you love your brother so much, I know his happiness means a lot too. But, can you really be dense enough to ask me something like this? Aur Tumhe jaan na hai maine na kiyun kaha? I said no, because I Love you! Ab kush?

Well frankly, he was not. Karan shook his head a little, still a bit dazed as he stared at her. He dared not to hope again, that all was not yet lost. But there was no mistaking of the defying gleam of determination in her eyes. He tried to catch his breath; the last few days was a nightmare.

Karan Luthra had fallen for his worst enemy turned partner detective turned best friend, slowly but surely. He had known it for a while now, that there would not be any other girl for him again. She fitted so well into that corner of his heart, which even he did not know existed until she had seeped into it. Just like sunlight, making its way stealthily but at the same time lighting up everything around. Of cause he was planning to confess as soon as he returned from the three week foreign tour. He had almost blurted out everything the night before he left, as they shared a good luck tea - toast at their frequent stall. But no, he wanted to make it specially hadn't he?

But by the time he returned, the world had taken a turn to the worst. He walked into his home to find them busy arranging to take Rishab's proposal to Preeta. How it came to that, Karan never really found out.

"You love me? He said slowly, trying to wrap his head around this new version of Preeta, who was ready to fight everything for something utterly selfish for the first time in human history.

"Ah uh, she said, nose in the air and sighed finally looking at him. There it was the vulnerability in her eyes. Something that always managed to get under his skin and make him restless.

"Ab yeh math poocho kiyun...meri pyaar meri marzi! And its your fault too! What was the need to be so good suddenly? So understanding and intelligent? Jaisa rude tha waise hi rehethe, I wouldn't have bothered looking twice at you! And now, how dare you come here and ask me all this?

"Achcha? Ab isske bhi galati meri?

"Forget it, she waved a dismissive hand and turned to leave. Of cause she knew this conversation was going nowhere. He had been avoiding her like plague for the past few days since his return. Of cause he might have reverted back to his nonsensical belief that she was trying to catch a big fish. But oh she wished, for once, that they were past these childish notions and misunderstandings. He was her best friend was he not? And then, that last night before he went on his tour, had she totally imagined that look in his eyes as their hands brushed together over a earthen tea cup?

Was it possible that he felt nothing when she was getting suffocated by the mere thought of a lifetime with another? Of cause again! This was The Karan Luthra she was talking about!

Surely nothing came before his brother in his book and Preeta was sure that their families have put him into this. To try and get her spill what was it that made her refuse such a good proposal. There were no secrets between them after all.

"Milgaya jawaab, ab jaao... She said curtly, looking at him over her shoulder. She couldn't bear another minute here, with this insensitive bundle of a man! "It's entirely up to you what you go and relay to whoever it was that send you. Be my guest!

She very well expected him to do that, but then again, when was the last time he listened to her? Ah yes, two months before when he had sprained his ankle. Karan held her wrist, his hold gentle yet unyielding and with a tug he made her face his amused face.

"Mere jawaab sune bina hi chali? He inquired good naturedly, lips curling slightly. "Not done, Miss Arora!

"Don't you want to know, what I'll go and tell everyone?

Something, a slight shift in his tone colored her cheeks. There it was, that look in his eyes again and a tingling warmth spread through her starting from the point where he held her hand. Karan stroked her forearm with his thumb as he looked at her expectantly.

"Who told you someone send me here? Can't it be, that I came out of my own free will? It's a democracy after all.
"Toh tum?
She dare not voice it, the heart break will be that much worse. So finally her voice was barely a whisper as she said those words and Karan had to incline his head to catch them. "Tum bhi...?

"Haan, ab kya kare...mental ke saath reheke main bhi toda bohut paagal ho gaya, a ghost of a smile curled his lips, as his eyes took in her flushed appearance. "I wanted to say this sometime before, and totally not like this...phir sab gadbad hogaya. And I wasn't sure anymore! I wasn't sure what you might say.

"Mathlab you didn't trust me!

"Arre Akal ke dushman, let me complete. I thought you won't be that selfish, I thought you'll go all sacrificing mode and I'll be the bad one trying to ruin things. I mean...you know what I mean right?

"Not exactly... She almost laughed at his look as Karan swallowed.

"I wasn't sure, I'm good enough for you. He said in the end.

That smile, radiant with the sunset she was framed against was something Karan Luthra would never forget. But her eyes dimmed the very next moment.

"What are we going to do now? How will we explain to everyone? Won't they be heartbroken?

"I was wondering where you are, Karan chuckled. "Here comes Selfless Arora! Arre yaar, kabhi kabhi mujh pe bhi trust kiya karo. I'll do the talking this time.

"But Rishab?

"You don't know my brother, really Psycho. I'm sure he is just agreeing to Mom's idea. This must be Mom's idea and he never says no! I'm sure he'll be the happiest once he gets to know about us.

Preeta however, wasn't very convinced. But then, it was hard to think when you have Karan standing before you, smiling as if he had just brought home the world cup. She blinked a few times trying to recall what exactly her next few words were to be, when he tugged her closer, placing her hand against his heart.

"Tum hi toh keheti ho na, ke main mathlabi hoon...haan, hoon main mathlabi. He watched her for a split second, crossing the distance between them and his hold secure around her wrist. "Aur ab yeh mathlabi aadmi tumhe kabhi nahi chodne wala.

Well, there was a lot at play than the two of them knew, and surely their goal was not to be so easily won. But at least at that moment, they were two selfish people, truly, madly, deeply in love and the world can wait a bit longer, can't it?

I'm still wondering what I ended up writing!

Your response would be keenly awaited and please do welcome me to your forum.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers,

Sakura

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

falala333 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Love it! 👏

I've read your works on RiKara and now you're here writing on PreeRan 😃

(I may or may not also be interested in reading a follow up to this - if you're up to it)
SukhiD thumbnail
Aree Yaar amazing loved it please continue writing more cant wait 
Sakura24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: falala333

Love it! 👏

I've read your works on RiKara and now you're here writing on PreeRan 😃

(I may or may not also be interested in reading a follow up to this - if you're up to it)

Hi dear!
Oh yes, I'm writing on RiKara as Well. Glad you liked it. 
Well I may or may not, probably may not write a follow up...cause this is just as it is...a random one shot! However thank you so much for taking your time on This!
Love,
Sakura
Abhi1393 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I loved this! Two souls in love ready to hold on to their love without going into sacrifice mode! I love such strong characters. Loved your play of words, how you've stitched the whole scene together.
If there's no follow up to this, I hope and I beg of you to keep writing more fanfics for preeran!!!!
Sakura24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SukhiD

Aree Yaar amazing loved it please continue writing more cant wait 

Thank you! I will write more I believe as soon as inspiration strike!😃
Sakura24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhi1393

I loved this! Two souls in love ready to hold on to their love without going into sacrifice mode! I love such strong characters. Loved your play of words, how you've stitched the whole scene together.

If there's no follow up to this, I hope and I beg of you to keep writing more fanfics for preeran!!!!

Oh dear, don't beg! I hardly leave a ship once I board it! So yes, you'll see more of me in future. 
That aside, thank you, thank you so much! 
I like my characters strong, and I hate it when people go on the sacrifice mode for no reason at all. However I was rather nervous what others might think of it, but your comment surely put my fears to rest!
Love,
Sakura
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow amazing , loved it  beautiful Os
Sakura24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Karan.Preeta

wow amazing , loved it  beautiful Os

Thank you!😃
nikki.171 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Haha, we know when the time comes, it will take a lot more than this. I like how you've kept Ms.Mental and Mr.Pagal Luthra intact.. and I could totally imagine them doing this. Wonderful read this was.

I thought I recognized you... and scrolling down to the comments I realized it was the IB forum. You've written equally good stories on RiKara I now remember! Looking forward to more from you - on both the forums.