Pehredaar Piya Ki

I would maintain, Pehredaar is a regressive show: Karan Wahi

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
By IWM Editorial

The eye of the storm is Sony TV's famous (read:infamous) show, Pehredaar Piya Ki, which has drawn criticism for conceptually glorifying child marriage issue by depicting scenes of mush between an elderly woman and a young boy of 9.

Tagged as regressive and horrendous, the show soon caught fancy of social police, led to much hue&cry, the noise reached the highest corridor of power and finally instead of getting the axe (as demanded) got pushed to a later airing timeslot.

For the uninitiated, TV star Karan Wahi was one of the first persons who voiced out against the show on his social media handle. Wahi's post went viral, thus a thought took shape of a potent propaganda.

Pehredaar is produced by Shashi Sumeet Productions, and the makers recently held a press conference to put forward their side of the story. Sumeet, while answering media queries, stated that Karan being a fraternity member could have been more careful and avoided making the comment.

Fair enough!!!

When we shared Sumeet's statement with Karan, the talented performer retorted saying, "First of all, there was no need of a press conference. Yes, I am aware of what you are saying but that doesn't change anything. I would still say that the show is regressive. This is a free democratic society and everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

He continued: "I share so many views on social media. This particular post went viral as many could relate to it. I echoed sentiments of many.

So has he really watched Pehredaar? "Of course, and it's bad. I absolutely stick to my opinion. I have never met Sumeet and don't know him personally, however, being from the fraternity doesn't stop me from voicing out my opinion. I said what I wanted to say, so be it.

Well, Karan has his thoughts clear and he doesn't mince words. We respect that. As they say, to each his own.

Keep reading IndianWikiMedia.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
yes maintain ur blind and foolish judgement about show .u r speaking lie that u have watch show if u have watch show is not at all regressive

even when ratan told his father that he want to marry diya out of innocence ,his father explain him that he can marry only when he reach 21

if show is regressive then why other child marriage of other children like Shivani and Yash r not shown??

if show is regressive then diya merely would have not become chairman of hotel

a girl at just 18 has become chairman that too in joint family and u r calling show regressive???

Edited by surabhi01 - 6 years ago
Vishnu21 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Kal tak Karan Wahi Ji ko koi nahi janta tha. Ye sab self propaganda strategy hai. Koi tweet chal gayi, viral ho gayi, to chaandi hi chaandi. :-D
crystalmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: surabhi01

yes maintain ur blind and foolish judgement about show .u r speaking lie that u have watch show if u have watch show is not at all regressive

even when ratan told his father that he want to marry diya out of innocence ,his father explain him that he can marry only when he reach 21

if show is regressive then why other child marriage of other children like Shivani and Yash r not shown??

if show is regressive then diya merely would have not become chairman of hotel

a girl at just 18 has become chairman that too in joint family and u r calling show regressive???

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Whats the point of stating the law if you are not going to follow it.His father was very specific about the marriage then but he was also the one that proposed and executed the marriage. Practice what you preach.

The makers can show the marriage of shivani and yash too and call it protection and the people will swallow it.

The whole concept of Diya being the chairmen is such bullshit she is not even qualified for the job it just teaches girls to marry rich. And not to work hard to achieve there goals.

This is not progressive thinking.

crystalmoon thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Vishnu21

Kal tak Karan Wahi Ji ko koi nahi janta tha. Ye sab self propaganda strategy hai. Koi tweet chal gayi, viral ho gayi, to chaandi hi chaandi. :-D

Babe everyone knows who Karan Wahi is.
He has been a TV heartthrob since DMG days πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

If any one is doing a self propaganda it is the makers of the show and Tejasswi Wayangankar taking such a Scandalous topic and making sure that they remain in limelight for some reason or other.
Now its their life which is Chandi hi Chandi
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
he is not specific about ratan child marriage .he is only specific about his

child protection

if he was really specific about child marriage of ratan then he would have marry his son when he was perfectly alright

if cvs r really against law then why. cvs has not show marriage of Yash too whose age is just 9
Vishnu21 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: crystalmoon

Babe everyone knows who Karan Wahi is.
He has been a TV heartthrob since DMG days πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

If any one is doing a self propaganda it is the makers of the show and Tejasswi Wayangankar taking such a Scandalous topic and making sure that they remain in limelight for some reason or other.
Now its their life which is Chandi hi Chandi

Aur kisi "heartthrob" ko to zaroorat nahi padi kuch "tweet" karne ki? Baat aisi hai ki - aise "heartthrob" mil jaate hain - a dime a dozen, industry ke har gali nukkad mein. πŸ€£ Unfortunately inki cricket ki career nahi chali, phir inhone apne Pitaji ke business ko sambhaalni chaahi woh bi gur gobar. Ab ye hain ki kuch controversy uchaalo aur limelight me aao.

Jabki kisi ne Gulaal and BV ko kuch nahin kahaa - ki inhone ase controversial subject me kyon serial banaya. Are controversy uchaali kisne - Wahi ji ne na. Tejaswi ji ne kuch kaha ucchalne ke liye? Ab Wahi ji ko karna kuch tha aur ho kuch gaya. Mujhi ko dekh lo - ek hafte pehle mujhe pata hi nahi tha ki aisi koi serial bhi hai, ab main mast hokar sare episodes dekh rahaa hoon. πŸ˜Š

Aur Tejaswi ji ke fame se logon ko kya problem hai? Ki inki muskaan logon ko bhaa rahi hai, ab koi "heartthrob" bachegaa bhi ? πŸ˜›
Edited by Vishnu21 - 6 years ago
crystalmoon thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Vishnu21

Aur kisi "heartthrob" ko to zaroorat nahi padi kuch "tweet" karne ki? Baat aisi hai ki - aise "heartthrob" mil jaate hain - a dime a dozen, industry ke har gali nukkad mein. πŸ€£ Unfortunately inki cricket ki career nahi chali, phir inhone apne Pitaji ke business ko sambhaalni chaahi woh bi gur gobar. Ab ye hain ki kuch controversy uchaalo aur limelight me aao.

Jabki kisi ne Gulaal and BV ko kuch nahin kahaa - ki inhone ase controversial subject me kyon serial banaya. Are controversy uchaali kisne - Wahi ji ne na. Tejaswi ji ne kuch kaha ucchalne ke liye? Ab Wahi ji ko karna kuch tha aur ho kuch gaya. Mujhi ko dekh lo - ek hafte pehle mujhe pata hi nahi tha ki aisi koi serial bhi hai, ab main mast hokar sare episodes dekh rahaa hoon. πŸ˜Š

Aur Tejaswi ji ke fame se logon ko kya problem hai? Ki inki muskaan logon ko bhaa rahi hai, ab koi "heartthrob" bachegaa bhi ? πŸ˜›

Wow for someone claiming that Karan Wahi is no one in the industry you do know a lot about him,
his career and his family life a lot πŸ˜‰

The blindness of people over some star is unbelievableπŸ˜• 

While coming to Gulaal and Balika Vadhu the makers portrayed the show as a crime in the eyes of society and not as a glorified cutesy love story.🀒
Even these shows caused outraged but they were tastefully handled also there was not much of a social media platform in 2008 to embark a outrage to this scale.
we didn't have resources then to protest against such nonsense then shows but now we do.
Vishnu21 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: crystalmoon

Wow for someone claiming that Karan Wahi is no one in the industry you do know a lot about him,
his career and his family life a lot πŸ˜‰

The blindness of people over some star is unbelievableπŸ˜• 

While coming to Gulaal and Balika Vadhu the makers portrayed the show as a crime in the eyes of society and not as a glorified cutesy love story.🀒
Even these shows caused outraged but they were tastefully handled also there was not much of a social media platform in 2008 to embark a outrage to this scale.
we didn't have resources then to protest against such nonsense then shows but now we do.

Karan Wahi ji ko janne ke liye wikipedia hi kafi hai, aur jyo description di gayi hai, usse do aur do chaar karne me paanch second bi nahi lagte πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Jabki industry me yahi ek sapuut paida huye the jinko child abuse ka paintraa yaad aayaa πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

2008 me koi online forums kam nahin the, mohatarmaa, main inko 2006 se use kar rahaa hoon, aur kya TV nahin thaa? BV maine bhi dekhi hai aur kuch usme baal vivah ko crime karke nahin dikhaayaa gaya, koi minor touch ke jaisa message sa hoga agar social evil ki baat kare to - Anandi aur Jagiya me kya koi rishta nahi thaa ? Baat ye hai ki PPK ko samajhne ke liye dimaag aur dil dono chahiye jyo ki ek 18 saal ki ladki kis kis frustration se guzar rahi hai apne promise ko nibhaane ke liye aur ek 9 saal ke anaath ko bhi sambhaalnaa par rahaa hai - jyo isko baal vivah kaa "glorified cutesy story" samajhte hai, kya dimaag ya dil in dono me se kuch bhi hai inke paas ? 
Edited by Vishnu21 - 6 years ago
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Seems like Karan Wahi has nothing better to do.
I wonder why he didn't specify if he actually watched the show or not?  πŸ€ͺ