Peshwa Bajirao

Goodbye PB.... RIP

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi friends,
I may not have been active in this forum since the show started but I have been a loyal viewer nevertheless. A loyal viewer who feels cheated now. All the chosen actors be it pre or post leap have been brilliant. Am sure everyone will agree that the pre leap phase was the best phase of PB. Loved all the child actors and I don't think I have to say anything about our iconic Jodi - Anuja and Manishji. They were brilliant n none of the couples in post leap can recreate their magic.

When the leap was announced I was excited to see the line up of actors. It was a perfect cast and I was excited to see Rajeshwari too for she is a powerhouse of performer. But ever since the leap happened my excitement went down with each passing day. I agree most of us loved SLB's Kashi n since she wasn't given much screenspace in the movie I hoped in the show we will get to know her better. But as and when we got to know her better our disappointment only mounted higher levels she is shown to be extremely dumb, attention seeking brat who sheds tears at the drop of a hat. Being the oldest daughter in law she should be the mature one among the women of the present generation but even young Anubai is more sensible than her. Kashi wants everyone to fuss over her regardless of their other priorities. It is manner less to barge into somebody's chambers at night n ruin their private moment just coz ur husband doesn't pay u attention. We all know the outcome of today's episode. Baji is hoping Kashi will understand him if no one does but our dear Kashibai can't see beyond herself. One more reason for Baji to seek his soulmate in another woman 🀒 to prove she is capable of handling her duties she will screw up further and Baji will probably lose the lil of affection he held for her making way for Mastani in his life.

SLB's Mastani was poorly depicted and I was hoping here that won't be the case here. But here they have over glorified her character. Making her a victim n winner both. All in an attempt to justify why the righteous Bajirao fell for another woman despite having a wife. Albeit a dumb insensitive shallow one. And in every step they r showing how Mastani n Bajirao's frequency matches shoving Mastani down our throats at a stage where even her presence was not needed. I can only imagine Kashi sulking, huffing n puffing, scheming with Radha n Chimna to get rid of Mastani which will make the audience hate Kashi n love Mastani. I have no problem with the makers showing Mastani in a good light. She might have been a fierce warrior n a strong minded woman but Kashi did not have to be vilified to this extent.

I am not even saying that when the time comes makers show Mastani as a husband snatcher nor Baji as a womanizer. Why is it not possible for a man to fall for another woman despite having a devoted wife? Why can he not be the one to toe the line of dignity for relationship? Bajirao at the end of the day was a human n he erred too. He might have had more in common with Mastani than Kashi but y show he had nothing in common with Kashi? Even the consummation sequence was annoying. His younger brother and youngest sister had to remind him of his duties as a husband. He did not consummate on his own will. It looked forceful. How is it possible for a man to not feel attracted to his beautiful wife? What the heck are CVs trying to show? It's like he is only living this relationship to please his family n not coz he accepted Kashi as a wife. And why is that? Coz she was chosen by his parents and he didn't have a choice. 

Am so sorry for this rant but I was disappointed with this show n just wanted to express it.  It was really nice reading all your posts and thank you for responding in my threads 😊 
Edited by BeyondHorizon - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zaniax thumbnail
I've stopped watching the show. Frankly speaking I don't even care if it goes off air as the storyline and characters are ruined, and writers hav no intention of improving them.
P.S It was nice interacting with u :)Edited by zaniax - 6 years ago
MaddyO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

Hi friends,

I may not have been active in this forum since the show started but I have been a loyal viewer nevertheless. A loyal viewer who feels cheated now. All the chosen actors be it pre or post leap have been brilliant. Am sure everyone will agree that the pre leap phase was the best phase of PB. Loved all the child actors and I don't think I have to say anything about our iconic Jodi - Anuja and Manishji. They were brilliant n none of the couples in post leap can recreate their magic.

When the leap was announced I was excited to see the line up of actors. It was a perfect cast and I was excited to see Rajeshwari too for she is a powerhouse of performer. But ever since the leap happened my excitement went down with each passing day. I agree most of us loved SLB's Kashi n since she wasn't given much screenspace in the movie I hoped in the show we will get to know her better. But as and when we got to know her better our disappointment only mounted higher levels she is shown to be extremely dumb, attention seeking brat who sheds tears at the drop of a hat. Being the oldest daughter in law she should be the mature one among the women of the present generation but even young Anubai is more sensible than her. Kashi wants everyone to fuss over her regardless of their other priorities. It is manner less to barge into somebody's chambers at night n ruin their private moment just coz ur husband doesn't pay u attention. We all know the outcome of today's episode. Baji is hoping Kashi will understand him if no one does but our dear Kashibai can't see beyond herself. One more reason for Baji to seek his soulmate in another woman 🀒 to prove she is capable of handling her duties she will screw up further and Baji will probably lose the lil of affection he held for her making way for Mastani in his life.

SLB's Mastani was poorly depicted and I was hoping here that won't be the case here. But here they have over glorified her character. Making her a victim n winner both. All in an attempt to justify why the righteous Bajirao fell for another woman despite having a wife. Albeit a dumb insensitive shallow one. And in every step they r showing how Mastani n Bajirao's frequency matches shoving Mastani down our throats at a stage where even her presence was not needed. I can only imagine Kashi sulking, huffing n puffing, scheming with Radha n Chimna to get rid of Mastani which will make the audience hate Kashi n love Mastani. I have no problem with the makers showing Mastani in a good light. She might have been a fierce warrior n a strong minded woman but Kashi did not have to be vilified to this extent.

I am not even saying that when the time comes makers show Mastani as a husband snatcher nor Baji as a womanizer. Why is it not possible for a man to fall for another woman despite having a devoted wife? Why can he not be the one to toe the line of dignity for relationship? Bajirao at the end of the day was a human n he erred too. He might have had more in common with Mastani than Kashi but y show he had nothing in common with Kashi? Even the consummation sequence was annoying. His younger brother and youngest sister had to remind him of his duties as a husband. He did not consummate on his own will. It looked forceful. How is it possible for a man to not feel attracted to his beautiful wife? What the heck are CVs trying to show? It's like he is only living this relationship to please his family n not coz he accepted Kashi as a wife. And why is that? Coz she was chosen by his parents and he didn't have a choice. 

Am so sorry for this rant but I was disappointed with this show n just wanted to express it.  It was really nice reading all your posts and thank you for responding in my threads 😊 

I am done with PB.  I was still watching Bajirao scenes hoping it will get back to PB of old but yesterday was last episode for me.  Rather than HATING each character I had loved pre-leap I want to stop watching.  I couldn't stand how STUPID SELF CENTRED and PATHETIC Kashi is shown, to justify Mastani whose scenes are TORTURE to watch.

Don't anybody from PH and CVs DARE to blame the actors for this fiasco, ENTIRE BLAME should fall on WRITERS who wrote this crap post leap and butchered ALL the characters.

old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
writers have ruined it all...😑
MaddyO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
They can end PB today I don't care.  I am not wasting my time anymore on watching what the writers dream up, these writers don't deserve even 5 minutes of my time.
So yes Goodbye PB 

It was wonderful interacting with all India Forum PB viewers, especially meeting some of my old friends from JA forum and 

meeting Abhay after long time here, reading his brilliant historical research and insightful posts about Shivaji Maharaj, Sambhaji Maharaj, Bajirao, Aurangzeb last days.  .and many more 

Harshu with her fabulous daily threads.  

Had most fun discussing Maratha history and making lot of new friends here.

Hope to run into you all on a new forum soon πŸ˜ƒπŸ€—❀️
old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
its bit out of topic but wanted to know , did anyone noticed the speacial blouses of kashibai...πŸ˜›
harshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
wat baji kashi consummated der marriage?????😲lol i have alrdy stoppd watching d shw...πŸ˜†so dont knw wats cooking in d shw but yes i agree wid everyone here...d pre leap lustre d glory has been completely lost and so even if shw goes offair i gv a damn abt itπŸ₯±
mystic786 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Completely agree with the post!! I watched yesterday's episode and was so disappointed  and well disgusted too with Kashi's character πŸ€’🀒

Kashi is getting the Ruqaiya Sultan Begum treatment of JA. This is how I can best describe what's going on in PB. In order to over-glorify Mastani like Jodha, they're slowly turning Kashi into a vamp (like Ruqaiya) and trust me, she will become an air-headed scheming vamp post Bajirao-Mastani marriage. 

Honestly speaking, I think I'm done with the so called "historical dramas" that Indian production houses keep on making. Everyone is turning into Ekta Kapoor in order to gain TRPs and don't give a shit about historical accuracy. It's clearly been mentioned several times that Kashi was a soft-spoken woman, she was loyal and devoted to her husband and did not play any role in the Peshwa family's household war against Mastani. 

Edited by mystic786 - 6 years ago
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Originally posted by: zaniax

I've stopped watching the show. Frankly speaking I don't even care if it goes off air as the storyline and characters are ruined, and writers hav no intention of improving them.
P.S It was nice interacting with u :)

It was nice interacting with u as well πŸ˜Š Even I don't care about the show but yes I feel sorry for Karan and Sourabh 
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Originally posted by: MaddyO

I am done with PB.  I was still watching Bajirao scenes hoping it will get back to PB of old but yesterday was last episode for me.  Rather than HATING each character I had loved pre-leap I want to stop watching.  I couldn't stand how STUPID SELF CENTRED and PATHETIC Kashi is shown, to justify Mastani whose scenes are TORTURE to watch.

Don't anybody from PH and CVs DARE to blame the actors for this fiasco, ENTIRE BLAME should fall on WRITERS who wrote this crap post leap and butchered ALL the characters.

I wanted to give this show a shot to see it will do some damage control after last week but it got worse πŸ€’ Only the makers are to blame here n no one else πŸ€’ They will be damned if the blame falls on Karan, Ishita or Rajeshwari πŸ˜‘ (mentioning only about them coz the majority of the debate seems to be around Kashi Baji and the new Radhabai)Am so disappointed with the makers this time. Even in Youtube many of them have commented that they fast forward Mastani scenes but yet the makers pay no heed to our views. If thats the case they can make this dumb show for themselves and watch it in their living rooms. No need to torture the audience with this crap fest.