Dev: Episode 1 (Review)

shoppingfreak1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Loved the first episode. Always been a fan of Ashish Chowdhry. Here's a review of the episode-

So the much awaited first episode of Dev has been aired finally. And It's time for a total round up of all the things in the show.
First up, the way new characters were brought up in the story was done neatly. The case was slow in the starting but then gained pace as we neared the end of the episode. And the episode also managed to keep up a good amount of suspense throughout.
The humour quotient was there, as much required. Not more, not less.
The precap was totally loaded which would make any person come in for the next episode too.
The flashbacks were put in amazingly well and I thought it was the best part of the episode. Flashbacks also made me connect on an emotional level with the show. I guess, the future episodes might bring in the romance part too.
Have also been loving Dev's little quirks and doings. Looks great.
Coming to the negatives, I don't know why but I didn't like the introduction scene of Dev as much. It was as if something was missing. Though I totally bow in front of you for that daredevil act. It was perfectly executed.
Secondly, sometimes I felt that the background music was way higher than required.
All the actors did a commendable job in the show.
I am really excited for Sumona's entry in the next episode. Her character looks very amusing to me.
Puja had some amazing charm in herself. Looking forward to more of her scenes.
Amit looked good as an inspector and his little ego fights with Dev were quite interesting to see.
Joyshree ji, was all over a cute and caring character. Love the way how she scolds and loves Dev at the same time.

By Prathama
Edited by shoppingfreak1 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cinnamonn thumbnail
😊 but didn't get to see it

Prathu, where's your post?Edited by -Ariaana- - 6 years ago
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Ariaana-

😊 but didn't get to see it

Prathu, where's your post?

Updated it now😉
Cinnamonn thumbnail

Originally posted by: shoppingfreak1

Updated it now😉

Haha thanks. Now, I really need to see this. Show sounds interesting 😃
abirami_shankar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Missed watching on TV. Planned to watch retelcast tom. And seeing our post prath I'm feeling bad to miss it .. Will catch it soon.. U too promoted dev 's first epi interestingly..

chahat4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Prats, loved your review. I do agree intro could have been better. Music front too can improve somewhat at places. But where Ashu is concerned, he gave it his all. Loved him as always. Show sounds interesting as of now and it managed to keep me intrigued and curious about tomorrow's episode. 
Minionite thumbnail
I liked the episode a lot! This Dev is such a mystery though. At some points I laughed, at some points I loved his thought process and flashbacks, and a few moments I even hated him.
I won't give much of a review since you got it all. I'm looking forward to this show!
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Ariaana-

Haha thanks. Now, I really need to see this. Show sounds interesting 😃

It is interesting! You gotta watch it as soon as it is available in your country! Don't miss it.
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: abirami_shankar

Missed watching on TV. Planned to watch retelcast tom. And seeing our post prath I'm feeling bad to miss it .. Will catch it soon.. U too promoted dev 's first epi interestingly..

Thanks Abi! And you better catch it soon!😉 After all, we shouldn't keep Ashish on hold for so long.. or should we?😛
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chahat4u

Prats, loved your review. I do agree intro could have been better. Music front too can improve somewhat at places. But where Ashu is concerned, he gave it his all. Loved him as always. Show sounds interesting as of now and it managed to keep me intrigued and curious about tomorrow's episode. 

Thank you so much, Angel! Ya.. even when they are saved from falling of the building, and they get on the terrace.. It's all so dark! Lighting problems I guess. Ashish has given his soul to the show.😳 Same here and it was really nice to see my dad glued to the show too!