Muthi Bhar Mohabbat (Bol) - Moomal Khalid, Inayat Khan

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AuntyDepressant thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
oye hoye ... muthi bhar muhabbat ... aaj kal buhat poetic kism kai naam aa rahay hain market main .. me rilly rilly likes the name!
awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
What does this title mean?
awida thumbnail
@Hinna. it sounds funny and not poetice! 
MochaQueen thumbnail
Thats because Urdu is a poetic language and english is not
awida thumbnail
This serial also have Seema playing Moomal's mom. After Mubarak Ho Beti. I think it will be a GEO TV serial. 
AuntyDepressant thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Every language has its own kind of beauty and nuances. Beauty of Urdu is that it is very poetic. I sometimes wonder how do non-native Urdu speakers fully enjoy the dialogues and narrative in Pakistani serials. 

Words invoke particular imagery and emotions. These emotions and imagery are associated with how words and phrases are used in a language. For example 'muthi bhar muhabbat' or 'handful of love' could have also been written as thori si muhabbat or zara si muhabbat or a little bit of love. But the phrase 'muthi bhar' is often associated with being short of resources or being poor. For me this title evokes the imagery of someone begging for love or someone getting love as khairat. 'muthi bhar' is a phrase that is frequently used in urdu poetry to depict abstract ideas such as 'muthi bhar yaadain', 'muthi bhar aasmaan', 'muthi bhar kirnain'.

Another interesting case is 'yeh raha dil'. If you would translate it in English it literally means here is my heart. But when I hear 'yeh raha dil' I think of someone saying take my heart. Own it. It is now yours. Do whatever you want with it. For me it is associated with you giving something that is damn precious to you to someone important.
awida thumbnail
Thank you @JJ. Your comments are always a treat to read. I understand what you mean. being an Arab. We too have a poetric language. and I used to write poems my self before getting married and having kids. 😆
in Arabic we say : qaleel ..it means : little. but hifnah, is another word wich has the same meaning but it is a poetric word. 
why going so far. Quraan is full of powerful words, which we don't use in our conversations..but reading them or hearing them in Quraan give us a big pleasure
Edited by awida - 6 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail
its airing on Bol not Geo
awida thumbnail
Oh. sorry I didn't notice it. I don't watch any serials on Bol.