Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
^^ Nope, Radha was 14 days younger than Krishna. The major sources confirm that she was younger than him, though not by much. There are some regional sources that say she was older, and that she was married already, but it's not true. 
Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
^hmm, i don't know...some people used to tell me she was older while some said she was younger...but i guess majority sources depict that she's younger, like you said..
007ari thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well, even i know stories of radha being krishna's mami.
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The Brahma Vaivarta Purana states that Radha was indeed younger than Krishna, by 14 days. That is what the major sources say, as Janu pointed out.
Kamsa does look funny ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† Manish Wadhwa would have been a perfect Guru. 

I have a question for all of you:
Who do you think suffered more? Kunti or Panchali? 
007ari thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
panchali, because she had lost her all children.
Rex_Ryan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Can we compare between both(panchali and kunti) ??? ...
I think there circumstances, reasons and actions are completely different form each other...
Both suffered in their own way Edited by Rex_Ryan - 6 years ago
Rex_Ryan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Guys... Which Krishna show are you talking about??
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Can we not talk about Kunti please? I kind of see red everytime that she is mentioned. Kunti's suffered were of her own making. Had she not been passive to Kuru clan and domineering to Paanchali, things could have salvaged.
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Also does anyone have the books Aryaveer, Agniputr and Palace of Assassins? Broke here!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

Who do you think suffered more? Kunti or Panchali? 

I think it's difficult to compare both, as they experienced events not in their control. Both of them were queens for such a short time, and yet they were the epitome of regal bearing and elegance when they were. 

Kunti suffered the death of her husband, co-wife (who had become something of a sister to her), and was left all alone in the world with five sons to raise. Her husband's family, while welcoming, also did not protect her children from the evils that happened to them. She led a hard life, and yes she made mistakes particularly in regards to Karna, but she was a loving mother and she made the Pandavas what they were. 

Draupadi suffered grim humiliation for no fault of hers, and thus I do feel she probably suffered more, and she too rose to the occasion and dealt with life's hardships with grace. I feel that Kunti might have been an inspiration for Draupadi. Both of them certainly shared an amiable relationship.