Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Forget the current assets and liabilities, debts and depreciation, Ashvin is wanting to handhold Trisha in to learning and teaching her the measures of a new P&L and a new Balance sheet!!!! 😉

How many wickets did he castle with one good throw!!!!!. Now he has done all the play here .

Edited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail
Originally posted by: jasminechick

Wow ... he just popped the question like that 😳

Jazzy his proposal's like his product 'Ready Noodles' 👏 . 😳 😉 😆 Edited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
OMG!!!!!!!!!
That was really unexpected!!!!!!!!!!!!
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
He knows who her father is...he accuses prakash for all the pblms in his life...
Then why this proposal????any other intentions????he very well knows that this will bring the worst from sharanbir...and still he proposed??
And why he visited ullal recently?
I am confused...😔
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Full or Half Franchise

She nervously pushed her chair back completely at a loss to how to react to that one.
She hadnt seen it coming. She was too nervous and afraid to look at him now

"You can have as much money as you want if you will marry me" he said quietly

To the people walking outside the conf rom, these two were deep in conversation.

She looked visibly stunned
She pushed her chair back some more, causing the chair in the back row to tip over

"Umm.. I am not sure" she mumbled collecting her things, bent over the chair by her

"Let me know what you decide" he said quietly

She looked at him now in disbelief
And then sat down

"I am sorry... if this is a joke" she said frantically looking at her phone to see if it was suddenly April 1, nope it was July 7th

"Its not easy I know" he said softly

She heard him exhale

She felt a sudden rush of some emotion

"I dont need money... . Mr Narang" she said visibly shaking, with as much dignity as she could muster

"I understand" he nodded.

She was in a daze, she didnt know what to say, she was here for a seminar. Things like this happened to people in movies not to her.

She understood the usual threats to personal safety and security in big cities but had no clue how to handle a marriage proposal.
From a man about who she had not given one thought in the last month, well... until today.. she had unwittingly checked the door each time it opened during the seminar

But that didnt warrant a wedding proposal.

"I have a boyfriend" she paused by the door

He nodded

"The man you were crossing the road with?" he asked

She looked shocked when she realized he had remembered seeing her and Jayadev crossing the street.

She lowered her gaze

And walked out

She later admonished herself for letting him know she was "taken".

As if otherwise would she have agreed...
She walked out as fast as she could towards the intersection to wave down an auto.
She turned and looked at the high rise. the windows gleamed in fresh rain

Her face was still flushed when she looked at her reflection in the train's mirror

Her heart was racing, mouth was dry

She had no idea what she did to solicit such an offer. Her father would be horrified. He knew of nothing outside Ullal
He must have traveled to Bangalore twice in his entire lifetime of 66 years

She walked back to her berth in a daze and sat down, burying her face in her hand towel

jayadev!!!

She hadnt even thought about him

She picked up her phone

"I will be back at 7 AM" she texted Jaydev and leaned back to let her hammering heart simmer down.

It didnt... she reached Mangalore a sad mess.

Forgetting the tote bag under her berth at first running back into the coach to retrieve it after walking halfway down the platform
The days afterwards would be the same, she felt distracted and afraid as she dealt with the news by herself.
Wondering WHY THE HELL would some stranger offer marriage to her

What was in it for him?
Why HER?
Why MARRIAGE?
By Sunday July 9th she was almost convinced she had only imagined the proposal and it didnt happen for real

It sounded too ridiculous to be real.

One of the gas cylinders had sprung a leak so Mr Shanbag shut down the restaurant Sunday June 9th 
Just as she reeled from that shock and lost revenues she learned Mr pai was not coming back.

"How are you going to manage?" she asked her father in panic

He patted her shoulder gently. "We will be OK gas leaks have happened before. We cannot afford piped gas, so we will have to bear with it"

"You never told me about your trip?" he said eagerly "Was there progress? Anything?" he asked

"Umm... I attended a class" she mumbled finding herself blushing

"That boy also never came" he said sadly

"WHO?" she panicked

"Who else? Jayadeva" her father was amused

"Dont worry you did everything you could. I will cook if I cannot find a replacement for Mr pai. The waiters are good boys, we have 4 now. They also help clean and in merchandising" he reassured and coughed and lay back down and snoozed

"We should put a steel grill and cover up the verandah" "You can sleep here through the night if it doesnt rain?" she offered

"Hahaha... we cannot afford piped gas where can we afford to wrap the porch around in steel?"

She picked up his bournvita glass and went in

"I am not going to apologize when I didnt even say anything" she texted Jayadeva

It rained when she went out back to use the toilet... it was the famous Konkan monsoon rain
It would rain all night now

She quickly went back up and locked up. She forgot to ask if her father wanted to use the bathroom before that

She went out to the front porch and found him fast asleep with his head tilted... she sighed and rolled down the worn out coir chic between the two red pillows
And went back into her room and turned on the light and sat down on the bed by the window

The windows were split in half the bottom usually shut the top open on both sides folded... at the hinge

The guava tree by the window rustled as rain lashed.

she didnt think it was right for her to greet him when she was asking him such a ridiculous question based on an equally insane proposal.

To be asking a clarification question about such an idiotic idea?

"Is it for full franchise?" (Will the marriage allow my Dad to have a new fully functional Ready Noodle eatery? or will it just be to bail him out of the current fiscal crisis?")
she emailed Ashvin on his work ID

"when will the marriage be?" she wanted to ask but did not

That would mean her answer was a yes. She didnt want to give him that impression. Nooo

Her father did not know. She would keep it that way.

Its no big deal.
Nothing was going to come of it anyway.

Ashvin responded as usual within minutes as if he waited for her email...

"It will definitely be a full deal" he promised politely

That answer brought her heart to her throat... PLOPPP, Slimy and choking...the words were 
very ominous.. as she "unwillingly" imagined a real marriage with such a good looking man. 
she tried not to read more into it, it was about the franchise not about the terms of marriage...

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
OMG he is direct like R& B. The grandfather thinks he can manipulate Ashwin to do what he orchestrates and here is Ashwin scripting his proposals... Trisha is in denial mode yet is negotiating... Jayadev has gone missing and Mr Nosocks and Ms Softhands are heading to a joint venture...is it that Ashwin is planning a coup or has his penance shown him the direction to take? Lovely...
Tuc_Mob thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
What is Ashwin's other agend behind this marriage proposal. One thing he wanted to rebel against his grandfather 's wish but why with Trisha?
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Wooow. Weekend bonanza 🥳 [:D/]

Ashwin is not mincing words :) and what is she thinking 😳

Beautiful writing as usual !!!
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jasminechick

Wooow. Weekend bonanza 🥳 [:D/]

Ashwin is not mincing words :) and what is she thinking 😳

Beautiful writing as usual !!!

Iam hoping my wishes from yesterday are going to come true !! We have two updates tucked away in the past few hours, perhaps a couple more and we have had our marathon !!!

At this speed, we should have them married before you / Nisha get to bed 😆😆
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
I'm sure the wedding will alienate Ashwin further from his family and make him endearing to some of us...that will unfold as Vani says a very intriguing tale...the vivid details makes me picturised the quaint house in Ullal. So what really happened that transformed Mr sometimes Nosocks into a prodigal? Why does he not bite the bait his grand father casts in his direction? What prompted using marriage as a ruse to bridge the distance...both grand dad and grandson seem to resort to it? Bring it out Nisha...😉😊