Posted: 6 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Nisha0604

Ashu

Dont worry

It will come out in the open soon
When Prakash Shanbag realizes who is daughter is marryingπŸ˜‰

Intrigue, drama, yemosunns lots of sex and and masala

Yayyy
Jaldi jaldi updates deejiye...i want to gobble them all up like hot hot jalebis πŸ˜‰

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail

Ashu

Dont worry

It will come out in the open soon
When Prakash Shanbag realizes who is daughter is marryingπŸ˜‰

Intrigue, drama, yemosunns lots of sex and and masala

Since the time you started this story, it's all been only about our collective yemosunns. Bring it on. We are game for it πŸ‘ this is crazy Nisha where you are taking this. πŸ‘ Edited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail
Geez, how long have you been plotting this story in your head. It's such awesome story material. I'm having to keep my ears , eyes , nose and mouth wide open to see, hear, sniff and gape at everything being offered. We have had fun with Sosy and ID for sure but no doubt this is a different ride altogether .
Fantastic .
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Jas

Yep

I just recreated or copied using personal connection liberty and copied my grandparents house in Trichy

Every bit of it... small towns and old homes... make a good story

Incredible! The images that have life long impact on us !
jaschick thumbnail
Concur ! Page turner

This content was originally posted by: Errantnomad

Geez, how long have you been plotting this story in your head. It's such awesome story material. I'm having to keep my ears , eyes , nose and mouth wide open to see, hear, sniff and gape at everything being offered. We have had fun with Sosy and ID for sure but no doubt this is a different ride altogether .
Fantastic .

Edited by jasminechick - 6 years ago
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Errantnomad

Ayyo!! Is the man going to propose her for marriage. as in straight out of a fairy tale!!!! That would be a near check mate!! OH MY GOD!!!!!

Deva!!! feel sorry for you Jayadeva!!!

Remember Kalpana..you mentioned the story could be a layout from a typical Harlequin or M&B romance in your earlier post !!
We could get transported to our high school days if Nisha so deems and the scenario is repeated and Mr. Nosocks proposes to Ms.Softhands πŸ˜‰

And then we can have dollops of revenge, subterfuge, high drama, yemosunns running high, and buckets of tears from who else... but Jayadevaaa !!!! πŸ˜ƒ
Errantnomad thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: VeeIyer

Remember Kalpana..you mentioned the story could be a layout from a typical Harlequin or M&B romance in your earlier post !!
We could get transported to our high school days if Nisha so deems and the scenario is repeated and Mr. Nosocks proposes to Ms.SofthandsπŸ˜‰

And then we can have dollops of revenge, subterfuge, high drama, yemosunns running high, and buckets of tears from who else... but Jayadevaaa !!!!πŸ˜ƒ

Yes vani, very well remember that and she replied and hinted that it's probably gonna be closer to that scenario. Ha Ha. That's why I said it's crazy fun where she's leading this to. It's been super fun though. She has been plotting this all along ...probably stayed awake long last last night to give today's updates as well. BTW why are you being the owl tonight. ?It's late for you there. You get some good sleep as well now. Please take your fill from any bucket when you get up

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Pop Quiz

Good or bad Trisha had no recollection of who Ashvin was...

Yes... she was not a social media or a news hound
She didnt read up about him or about Ullal after the incident
She did not lead a crazy social life.

The two day seminar ended uneventfully where the Craft team went over every aspect of what owning a franchise meant
There were people brought in not only from Ready Noodle franchises but also other fast food licenses Cuisine owned

They talked about the steady stream of income and how hassle free food vending business was.

Trisha sat through the classes like a good student taking notes and asking questions

But all along the way in the back of her mind the email from Ashvin poked her

"We do finance ailing small business owners"

She had no experience assessing capital loans. She had no idea if one was better than the other.
In her little microcosm of Ullal and mangalore she knew of nobody that had borrowed money for business

Ph D friends in college were mostly married to employees of banks or state government

She didnt meet Ashvin except for the opening day first hour

She couldnt help but look at his feet when he walked in

There were 17 seminar attendees

In the large conference room at Cuisine Craft with all sorts of marketing material plastered on the wall

He was wearing socks she noticed and Doc Martens suede shoes in grey (she had no clue what brand they were) a silver grey pant and a white shirt with a black belt

He looked rested and  energetic contrary to how he was actually feeling

He was introduced to all prospects.. Trisha felt a unusual self consciousness when he walked by her stopping to hand shake and meet everyone

The rush of warm color diffused all over her face as he stood in front

She scolded herself for worrying too much about his socks and hence beginning to see him as a "man".

"Thanks for the email" she smiled offering her hand

He took it eagerly and held it

"Ofcourse... we can talk after the seminar ends tomorrow at 3" he promised

"My father's accountant was busy so couldn not come" she said nervously

"Nothing you cant handle" he said

He let go of her hand
Mr Shanbag used the services of Costa & Shenoy a local tax accounting firm

There wasnt much to account for, not much to hide (from a tax standpoint)... so they didnt give Mr Shanbag much importance.

He had given Trisha a business card, a old soiled one pulled out of his cash register drawer

Ironically the fact that he didnt even know their number from memory should tell anyone how much he needed tax services.

She didnt see him for the day and a half... she did think about him though when she texted Jayadev that he was wearing socks today

Jayadev for some reason was not amused.

"I am just joking he found his socks" she chided to him

"Why is that even important?" he asked

"You are grumpy" she declared

"Dont I have the right to be? You came for two weeks and now are again gone for two days"

"I have to help father"

"He hasnt even asked you to help. He knows you are a chemistry student"

She realized then that Jayadev didnt really understand her angst

"I am hoping for a loan" she explained

"Its franchise, its a make over now its a loan" he was weary

"If we have to be students after marriage, then it must make enough for our living"

"We are not married yet and we are doing fine" he complained

"Because he is not telling us how badly its doing"

"After my CA I will get a job" Jayadev shot for the pie in the sky

She didnt respond

She couldnt
He was as unsuccessful as her in academics

"Did he talk to you?" Jayadev was curious

"umm.. just about the loan"

"He is a big man why will he care about us little people"

That stung Trisha strangely...

"If there is money, they will go after it, all rich people are like that"

"He never said anything bad. He might give us a loan"

"YOU want the loan, not ME" he reminded

"Well you want ME" she clawed purring angrily

"I dont seem to be getting any" he said

"Why cant we wait until we are married?"

"You are suddenly very conservative now?"

"I am not but, in my house?"

"Your father likes me" he said smugly

"He will like anyone that loves me" she said

The afternoon speaker walked around the lunch room asking people to walk inside for the post lunch session on day one

Jayadev sulked so she threw her sandwich container and walked in

The seminar had costed Rs.20,000 she had some money saved up from her TAing at college, Mr Shanbag gave her some and... Jayadev had given her some

She couldnt afford lofty principles, plus she wasnt a feminist. She hung out with women that were studying gender relations sometimes and they warned her from getting too dependent on Jayadev.

She looked everytime the onf room door opened

It was almost like Jayadev had planted a worm in her mind... it was making its way through her brain...
she wondered about where Ashvin was...

Chirag spent more time than necessary with her during aftertoon break

Bringing coffee and making bad jokes

She looked around the room, there were couples in their 40s, some older men and then HER
She chalked it up to "hitting on only young and unmarried woman"

She was used to being hit on, on the local bus

She didnt look anything like Aishwarya Rai the most famous Konkani face to roam the earth.
Nor did she look like Shilpa Shetty

Well... she did look partially like Shilpa

Dusky, Smooth skin, short hair, big eyes and a long slender neck, she had that one crooked canine on her upper left.

Jayadev told her "that makes you look like a cat".

She was more curvy than she liked...

"You should just do your own TV spots for Ready Noodle in Ullal" Chirag gushed, drooling

"Ullal does not have local channel" she said confused

Busted...

"Umm.. or newspaper? or magazine no?" Chirag insisted

She smiled revealing that one crooked canine

"I am not Chinese" she said reasonably

To Chirag she didnt have to be... he was attracted to her...
He handed her too many prizes for the franchise pop quiz at the end of the day for getting many questions not quite right. She earned a Rs.250 Bangalore Central gift card, a Rs.100 Burger World gift card
Forum Cinema tickets...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He sat across from her, sideways, in the conf room, towering even though he was seated

"I didnt bring many papers. Only last year's tax returns" she extended that yellowish paper folder.

She had taken that from her father's room, the giant teak chest of drawer with the clawfoot handles

He did not know about it

Ashvin flipped through it with a lot of interest...

She didnt understand any of it

Just the handwritten konkani notes on a post it saying "loss third year in a row"

She didnt understand what depreciation was, what the difference between cost and expenses was, or what current assets and current liabilities meant.

"Some things are in konkani" she pointed to the schedules at the back

"I can explain" she claimed fearfully secretly sure she couldnt

"This is good" he said

They happened to exchange a glance then...

He looked at her and said "Will you marry me Trisha?"😳😳

He watched her slender hand being withdrawn slowly from paper as her face turned a rich red.. her dusky complexion complementing the blush.

they were still manicured... she wore a powder blue khadi kurta and a white chudidar, kohl lined eyes and and a silver triangle like earrings with tinking beads at the end

The burn scars were fading now... almost invisible

Errantnomad thumbnail
Blimey!!!!!! Ooh la la!!!! πŸ˜† all you ppl in India when you get up tmrw you wouldn't know what hit you πŸ˜† πŸ˜† .

forget the pop quiz chirag, your boss and friend's going for the trophy and killing it here . Holy c**. This is insane Nisha πŸ˜† ⭐️ πŸ‘
jaschick thumbnail
Wow ... he just popped the question like that 😳