i loved Amit's "Chal Diye" the best.....👏

i also liked his version of Tanhai, Ek ajnabi, chand mere dill, ishq, dooriyan

i liked Amit's version of mohabbatein & kisna in the indian idol show more

i didnt like chal diye remix

Edited by thhikana - 18 years ago
Shama thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Good to see sunbeams coming to her senses......😆......where have u been, sunbeams???

Here's my review:

Chal Diye: Have to agree that its bound to hit the top of the charts!!👏

Chand Mera Dil: He sounded so-o-o-o gud👏!!!! I was melting!!!!😳

Pehla Nasha: I bet he was singing it with my pic in his hand 😳😳😳....

Ishq: Sang it well. He seemed to be in his element...👏

Ek Ajnabi: very nice n soft.......pleasant listening.

Tanhai: pretty good.

Kisna: I like the gala one better

Mohabbatein: Sounded nice, but they changed the lyrics to smthing mean!!😡

thhikana thumbnail

those who think Amit dosent sound good in romantic & slow track songs, should listen to his slow tracks from his album!!! he sounded soooo romantic 😳

Vaidya Crazy thumbnail
all r good. better album than abhijeet's one. waiting for rahul's album to come out! anybody have any idea when its comming out?
simple320 thumbnail

Chal Diye- definitely hot material......i love the song...

Chand mera dil-  the fact that abhijeet was in it made the song a chartbuster

Ishq--- love this version....i was really impressed with amit....

the rest are ok...

thhikana thumbnail

Originally posted by: simple320

Chand mera dil-  the fact that abhijeet was in it made the song a chartbuster

by the way, AMIT SANAsang Chand mera dill!!!!! NOT Abhijeet! it is Amit's solo!!!! Amit also sang "mohabbat keya hain"

Abhijeet sang "aa dill kya mehfill" & "mill gaya" with Prajakta

i m pretty shocked to know u r such a big fan of Abhijeet n cant rcogn his voice!!!

anyway thanks for being honest in ur review......😊

Shama thumbnail

2 Lucky participants will get to meet Idol Finalist Amit Sana in person! 

All you have to do is download ringtones and wallpapers from the codes given below.

Chal Diye Music CDs and Cassettes and 2 autographed posters also to be won!

So hurry download now or sms SANA to 8243

The more you download, the better are your chances of winning.

Hurry, download now!

Ringtones - Monophonic/Polyphonic
Title Code Mono Poly
Chal Diye 9456
Mohabbatein Lutaunga 9458
Chal Diye MIX 9457
To download Monophonic ringtone, send TUNE CODE to 8243. Eg. Tune 9456
To download Polyphonic tune, send POLY CODE to 8243. Eg. Poly 9456

Wallpapers
Code:8244 Code:8243
To download, send WALL CODE to 8243. Example: WALL 8244
Shama thumbnail

Chal Diye - Amit Sana

Aelina, IndiaGlitz   [Monday, August 08, 2005]

After Indian Idol Abhijeet Sawant, it is the turn of runners-up Amit Sana to arrive at the musical scene with his debut album 'Chal Diye'. But unlike Abhijeet Sawant whose album 'Aapka Abhijeet Sawant' comprised of all original tracks, 'Chal Diye' has just 2 new songs with the rest being cover versions of other Bollywood hits. Also the hype surrounding the release of the album too has been minimal. Nevertheless one plays on the album to see how Amit Sana performs with this compilation that boasts of some evergreen hits.

1. Chal Diye [Music: Vishal Shekhar, Lyrics: Vishal Dadlani, remix version by Nikhil Chinapa and DJ Naved]

Pop number 'Chal Diye' begins the journey of Amit Sana in the world of music. A foot tapping number with strong base of melody, 'Chal Diye' is a ear pleasing composition by Vishal Shekhar who are already riding high on the success of 'Dus'. Amit's vocals sound boyish and go well with the genre of the song. The song is quite easy on ears and the consistent rhythm ensures that the track sounds pleasant.

Unlike other remixes that fasten the pace of a track, the remix in the case of 'Chal Diye' is a bit different. In fact the pace and the feel of the track is kept intact with the a few nuances added in to give the number a softer touch. There is a lounge feel to the remix that makes this track enjoyable as well.

2. Mohabbatein Lutaaunga [Re-arranged by Raju Singh, Lyrics: Sameer]

The 'Finals' track from the Indian Idol that decided the fate of Abhijeet Sawant and Amit Sana - Mohabbatein Lutaaunga - makes an appearance next. Lyrics are different from the one in the finals but the tune remains intact. A track about looking forward in life while leaving behind the failures of the past, this version comes across as quite honest. One is sure that while rendering this highly melodious track, Sana would have had tears in his eyes due to Sameer's touching lyrics. This is another good song in succession for Amit.

3. Tanhai [Dil Chahta Hai]

From this stage on begins the round of cover versions with the classic 'Tanhai' from 'Dil Chahta Hai' coming up first. Though Amit does sing well, one still feels that the original by Sonu Nigam is still so fresh in the minds of the music lovers that the comparisons are obvious. Due to this factor the original is welcome any time but the effort by Amit doesn't go unnoticed either!

4. Woh Kisna Hai [Kisna]

One of the best tracks composed in recent times, the title song of 'Kisna' is great fun to hear once again. A number that requires Amit to open up his vocals completely, he is a complete natural this time around and comes up with a spirited rendition. One feels sad that the album of Kisna, that had some great music to boast of, failed to ignite the music scene due to the premature exit of the movie from the screens. Nevertheless, one can smile again while hearing and humming this highly melodious track that has a Subhash Ghai touch written all over it.

5. Ek Ajnabi Haseena Se [Ajnabi]

The mood of mush and romance is back once again with Kishore Kumar's classic love song 'Ek Ajnabi Haseena Se'. Amit's style of singing is miles away from Kishore da's style and seems more like a campus performance than anything else. At this stage one starts wondering if the prospects of the album would have been better if they had some more original tracks by Amit? He does well with this song but with dozens of remixes / cover versions already thronging the music stands with ever passing day, he deserved a better musical launch.

6. Hum Kisise Kum Nahin [Hum Kisise Kum Nahin]

Surprise surprise, because mid-way through the album comes the competition medley where Abhijeet Sawant and Prajakta Shukre (yet another Indian Idol Top -10 finalists) also join the fray. And what better way to get into a competition medley than to croon the classic medley from 'Hum Kisise Kum Nahin'. The entire duration of the track turns out to be as exciting as one would have predicted and the track is the high point of the album. Also on hearing Prajakta Shukre for the first time, one genuinly wishes that she cuts an album soon. We would be waiting for that one !!

7. Ishq [Album: Hai Energy by Sukhbir]

Amit Sana gets an opportunity to be himself once again in the timeless dance track 'Ishq' that was originally sung by Sukhbir. Amit has his heart IN the song and comes up with a spirited performance once again. Also the fast paced rhythm of the track is so contagious that you just can't stop falling in love with the track time and again. The song comes at the right time after the 70s medley.

8. Dooriyan [Popcorn Khao Mast Ho Jaayo]

Remixed by DJ A-Myth, this track which went unnoticed when released, gets a chance to make its presence felt once again. A sad song given a contemporary touch with fusion of western instruments and Indian style of music, it sounds just about OK in Amit's vocals. The song in this version lacks the punch that made the original version so much more appealing.

9. Pehla Nasha [Jo Jeeta Whi Sikandar]

A lukewarm ending to the album, Amit's rendition of 'Pehla Nasha' appears to be completely unnecessary. It's simply impossible to do complete justice to this all time great love song by Udit Narayan. Though intentions may have been honest here, there is still an element of disappointment here as Amit is still in a growing phase as a singer.

In the nutshell there are mixed feelings after hearing 'Chal Diye'. A talented singer is always a welcome addition to the world of music but then expectations are also bound to be sky high. In his next album, one would want to hear more of the original tracks so that one can enjoy them without getting into any comparisons. Also that would allow Ami Sana to concentrate on his singing rather than worrying about his being at par or better than the original.

Edited by Shama - 18 years ago