Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shabanaz thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: Shama

Amit Sana's Achiever Award
Lovebirds Arjun Punj and Gurdeep Kohli are an elated duo today. They are just back after receiving Young Achievers awards instituted by a city organization. "The award consists of a trophy. It was an honour to be given the award by Maharashtra's deputy chief minister Gopinath Munde," says Gurdeep with pride. The award function took place in Mumbai on Thursday. No wonder Arjun had to stay away from the press conference of Sahara One's show Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki, where he plays the lead. "The awards function was scheduled much earlier. So I couldn'tmake it to the press conference," he said. The others who were honoured with the young achiever award were Rajpal Yadav and Indian Idol runner-up Amit Sana, we hear.

thats grt. I m so happy for amit! 👏

shabanaz thumbnail
Vijay Singh | March 22, 2005 16:51 IST

Voted out in the final of the Indian Idol competition, Amit Sana is still a very happy young man. The Sony Entertainment Television talent hunt gave him the room to expand from classical singing to popular music, and he has been noticed across the country. Amit is now immensely popular, despite not winning the Indian Idol crown.

Amit is currently getting many offers for stage performances. Just settling into Mumbai as his base (Amit hails from Bhilai), he is confident of achieving stardom within the next few years.

Amit spoke to Senior Correspondent Vijay Singh:

What do you think helped you to reach the final of the Indian Idol competition?

Destiny and work helped me to become the runner-up.

I am accepting destiny's role in my success because I dropped out twice but was voted in again. 

Yes, hard work matters but destiny helps you at the right time, and gives you the success you deserve.

You are a classical singer. Do you think you had to compromise in Indian Idol with a lighter kind of music?

I don't call it a compromise.

I like to sing all types of songs, and don't want to keep myself limited to any particular type of song.

I am a good classical singer but I want to be good in Western and filmi songs also. I want to become an expert at all types of songs.

Are you going to learn dancing as well?

I want to become well-versed in dancing also. I am going to do stage shows, where with songs you also have to have a good presentation. And if you know dancing, it supports you during stage shows.

Farahji (Khan, choreographer and Idol judge) told me about it. I was realising it is important, but when she pointed it out to me, I decided to learn dancing.

What major changes have you been through because of Indian Idol?

My attitude has changed. One should be mature and ready for a performance at any point of time.

One should be always positive and optimistic in this field.

Always think about your strengths and hide your weaknesses behind them.

New to Mumbai, how well-versed are you with the music industry?

I am here for the last three months. I chose music as my career, so obviously I have discussed it with people here.

It's a very big industry, and many singers are struggling. You have to work hard for survival.

Reaching such a high level despite such tough competition must have given you some confidence.

Yes, it was good to see myself among the top two from among so many contenders.

And through Indian Idol, people got to know about my voice.

The next time when they hear my voice, they will find it familiar. This is a plus point for me.

When you are new, you are not sure whether people will like your voice or not.

Who supported you the most during the Indian Idol competition?

God.

I took many risky decisions at different points in time. Sometimes, I took decisions that others didn't like. But I benefited from them. 

For example, I selected the song, Zindagi mein kabhi koi aaye re rabba. This was not a popular song, nobody had really heard it but it was one of my favourites. I selected that but many people opposed my decision.

I took a risk, and it worked.

Before Indian Idol, what were you doing?

I have completed my high level classical singing classes a few years back. After that, I concentrated on my engineering studies.

I have a limited number of friends. From college, I would come home directly. I spend most of my time watching television and studying.

Before the show, what plans did you have for your singing career?

Actually, I was waiting to finish my graduation (he is a final year student in Bachelors in Information Technology and Management) and come to Mumbai to struggle in the field of music.

How did you learn about Indian Idol?

I came to know about it through television.

After that, I collected information about it from the Internet, and registered myself for the competition.

I prepared myself to work hard and give my best performance.

What was your experience at the initial selections?

On September 8, I waited four hours for my turn to sing. I sang Albela sajan.

I sang it again in front of the judges on September 11. They liked it.

At the selection spot, people were very fancy. They were Westernised, singing English songs and playing the guitar.

I stood silently in a corner, and watched them. I felt a little inferior, and became nervous.

But I was confident that the judges were very good, and had a good knowledge of music, so they would identify my talent.

Amit SanaHow did Indian Idol help you?

I am a student, and now suddenly I get some source of earning! Otherwise, it would have taken so many months for me to come to Mumbai and struggle and achieve something.

Now, people listen to my songs, and I am getting various offers for stage shows!

Sony is going to launch my music album! I did not expect all this!

It made you a star.

No, but it gave us the feeling of how stars deal with people; how they feel...

I need to work hard for at least four or five years to actually become a star.

My classical background will help me improve.

How do you plan to advertise yourself?

I have to work hard for my survival in the music industry.

I am making contacts with people. People in Mumbai are very busy.

How did you feel when you were voted out in the final?

I felt nervous. But I am satisfied with my last performance, which was very good. I am still successful, I reached where one can reach only after struggling for many years.

I am happy with whatever I get!

Did belonging to a small town go against you?

It is not like that.

If I belonged to a bigger town, I would have definitely got more SMS votes. But it also gave me positive results.

Anyway, now Mumbai is my base.

Which musician do you admire the most?

I am a big fan of classical singer Ustad Rashid Khan. I've liked his songs from childhood.

Edited by priya - 18 years ago
thhikana thumbnail
hey reems do u have amit's bijuriya 4m gala round??
vcool thumbnail
hi simi, i have it but its on video cassetee,  i'll search it for u on the net, and post a topic as well so that if ne 1 else knows they can tell us.....sry i cudnt help u rite away...😭
thhikana thumbnail

No prob dear!!!🤗 thanx for posting the topic....🤗 so sweet of u 🤗 🤗

anyway i PM snehal my e-mail ad... 😊

Edited by thhikana - 18 years ago
shabanaz thumbnail

U r welcome vcool!

------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------

'Amit Sana is favourite for Indian Idol'
   By: Prakash Bambhrolia
   March 1, 2005

NOT PLAYING FAVOURITES: Rahul Vaidya
The once favourite contestant on Indian Idol, Rahul Vaidya, believes that the final results, which will be declared on March 5, will tilt in Amit Sana's favour.

Vaidya has sent in 10 smses himself — six for one contestant and four for the other — though he refuses to divulge who he has sent in the extra two smses for.

So who do you think is the hot favourite amongst the two, we ask the Lokhandwala resident? He says, "Both the contestants that reached the final are extremely good and will give each other tough competition.

Although they performed very well, I think Sana was slightly better than Abhijeet Sawant.

Which is why Sana is the favourite for the title. I have sent in six smses for one finalist and four for the other, but I am not going to say anything beyond that."

While comparing the two, Vaidya says, "Abhijeet has the personality, while Amit has the talent.

Though the final results will be dependant on the viewers themselves. Honestly, I think Abhijeet has a bigger fan club, so he actually has a better chance of winning.

The same thing happened in my case. I thought I had performed really well, and I was confident of making it to the finals, but the viewers gave me less votes than the other two finalists, and I had to leave the race."

Although Vaidya was voted out, all is not lost for this XII std, Commerce student from Mithibai College.

The young star has signed a Rs 20 lakh deal with Sony to be their brand ambassador. "I have to give Sony 75 days of my time to be their brand ambassador.

They have paid me Rs 1 lakh as a signing bonus, after which they will pay me 2.5 lakhs every three months. A lot of different music companies have also approached me and I am free to sing with them according to the deal I have signed with Sony."

Edited by shabanaz - 18 years ago
thhikana thumbnail

Column: Events

1. The remix album Baharon Phool Barsaon was launched at Time & Again by music director Bappi Lahiri.

2. Aryan Vaid and a coupla babes were recently captured emoting on the sets of Aisa Kyon Hota Hai.

3. A one-hour special episode of Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai on Sony Entertainment Television (SET) had rocking performances by the lead cast, besides Indian Idol contestant Amit Sana's rendering of the Kisna title track.

4. Catch Urmila Matondkar's debut as Naina on SET's Aahat 2 (May 20 & 27, 9.30 p.m.).

5. Etc music has teamed up with Water Kingdom to provide rocking entertainment at the venue. The same is being telecast every Saturday evening from May 7 onwards. Look out for live acts by Baba Sehgal, Kashmira Shah, Akriti and others.

6. Dellip Thadeshwar has replaced Vishal Vatvani in Ashish Khurana's Kaanch (DD I).

7. Designer Ritu Kumar gives Shama Sikander (character Pooja of Yeh Meri Life Hai on SET) a new look, with fresh creations and styling. This is to suit Pooja's upward social climb from a middle class gal to wife of a rich guy, courtesy her marriage to him.

8. Paritossh Painter and Ideas The Entertainment Company is ready with their new comedy show on Zee Smile called Home Sweet Home, directed by Raminder Singh Suri. A talk show host, Rahul, loses his wife in an accident, and has to bring up three little daughters. He enlists the help of his brother-in-law and a best friend to help him in the task. Sounds familiar? The serial is a direct lift from the Zee Cafe superhit English serial Fullhouse, which still appears on the channel.

9. Vashu Bhagnani and Khalid Mohammed hosted the music release launch of their film Silsiilay at the Enigma, JW Marriott, in the company of Bollywood's best, and that includes Amitabh Bachchan who released the album.

10. The IFFA this year, is being held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The announcement about this India-International awards show was recently made at The Taj, Colaba, by the organizers, in the presence of the brand ambassador of IFFA, Amitabh Bachchan.

11. Schwarzkopf Professional launched its latest edition of Essential Looks/Igora The Real Collection, the company's global trend guide in hairstyling direction at a live demonstration. The company also entered the hair colorant business with the launch Schwarzkopf Silkience and Palette.

12. Upen Patel and Celina Jaitley have been signed as Brand Ambassadors for Zafs Fitness Centre.

13. Aftab Shivdasani recently inaugurated Urmila Sanghvi's finishing school RAW (Roots And Wings).

14. The House of Cartier reopened their illustrious Cartier boutique in Emirates towers Boulevard at the hands of H.E. Sheikha Lubna Al Oasimi.

15. Partho Ghosh's Chetna is the tale of a ruthless woman who thinks she can get away with anything, until she meets her match in Aastha.

16. At the 30th RAPA awards at Taj Land's End, BAG Films bagged four awards for Khul Ja Sim Sim, Siddhanth, Haqeeqat and Baastab (Bangla).

17. A reading from the Ramallah Diaries by Norman Ohler was held at the audiovisual room of the NCPA.

18. Zoom TV anchor Samir Kochchar who made it to Bollywood via Zaher and Valentine Day is now in the lead role with six babes in Ek Se Mera Kya Hoga. Gawdhelpus!

19. In his directorial debut, Saathi, Faaiz Anwar has cast Bengali heartthrob Rupa Dutta.

20. Here comes magic, learning and excitement in the form of the animated film Hanuman brought to you by Sahara-One Motion Pictures. This 2D film has been created by animation guru VG Samant! Limca Book of Records lists it as India's first indigenous animation film.

21. A press conference for S. Ramanathan's Zamanat was lately held. The film stars Ramanathan favourite Amitabh Bachchan, Karisma Kapoor, Arshad Warsi and Anupam Kher.

22. A sort of first! The music release, completion party or mahurat of twelve films was held at the JW Marriot. The films include Brides Wanted, Kiss Se Pyaar Karoon, The White Land, Deewane To Deewana Hain, Fifty Fifty and others.

23. Paritossh Painter and producer Nirav Parekh of Main Course Productions are out with their new English comedy play See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil. The plot revolves around a murder and three witnesses to it.

24. Ammtoje Mann of Hawaayein fame launched his next project Kaafila – The Mission starring Sunny Deol and Pakistan actress Sana Nawaz.

25. "Despite being a sex comedy Meri Life Mein Uski Wife is not a vulgar film", says the press release. Surprisingly, the title of the release reads, 'Dada Kondke type of double meaning sex comedy revived in Meri Life…'. Now, if this is not double meaning, what is? Someone has slipped somewhere?

vcool thumbnail

simi this is for u🤗, no prob here as well , wat r friends for? even i gave sneha my id!😉 thanx shabanaz! u know amit was the best thing of the kyph 1hr special!

thhikana thumbnail

Missing Amit Sana!!!! 😭

can anybody tell me what song amit sang in the yaaron album???

thhikana thumbnail
Glamour crazy young Indians crowd talent shows:-
Mumbai | July 17, 2005 4:22:33 PM IST

An year ago no one in India had heard of either Abhijeet Sawant or Amit Sana. And now there is rarely anyone who doesn't know them. Both were dicovered eight months ago through India's biggest television talent show, "Indian Idol."

The first runner up of the same show, Amit Sana, too has his hands full. Apart from performing in various parts of India, this talented singer is keen about his upcoming Bollywood film "Sun Zara," where he is singing for the male lead.

He too thanks the talent show that made it possible for him to avail this golden opportunity.

"It is really great and I am doing this project with so many singers. And yet I am chosen to sing songs for the male lead in the film. The voice is very important in the film and my voice is going to be used for the hero," said Amit Sana.

Apart from this many other talent shows are also being organised by several other television channels and organisations, the effort of which is being appreciated by the people in the film industry too. As for them this makes their task far more easier.

"It is very difficult for the common man to be able to meet us. But talent tv shows such as "Indian Idol,' provide a good platform for them to come. As after all those who are recieving training in music have come forward . And I have heard people belonging to different backgrounds have participated in this. And my advise to everyone will be to first recive a good training, take part in a talent show and then come to us, so that we can do something too," said Dilip Sen, music director.

Talent show indeed are the platform for the upcoming singers and artists as no matter what talent doesn't remain hidden for long and it is time just time that makes it all possible. (ANI)

http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=98034&am p;am p;cat=Entertainment

Edited by thhikana - 18 years ago