Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thhikana thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

"I wish I could marry her right away!"

Indian Idol runner up Amit Sana has met his soul mate. At Indian Idol itself!

Click here for a detailed interview with Amit Sana.
Amit Sana speaking to his girlfriend. Wedding bells yet?

How much more could the biggest music reality show on Indian television give its runner up? It has given Amit fame, career, fortune and now a life partner.

Amit Sana blushes, as he shows this correspondent his Kolkata based girlfriend's photograph. "We became friends on the sets. But it grew over the phone and the Internet. I also confessed my love to her on the phone and she immediately said yes," he says coyly.

"I felt so much relieved after that. I felt my feelings had to be expressed now!" he laughs. Efforts to make Amit divulge the girl's name prove futile, however. He won't even part with her picture. All he says is "she is a very sweet girl."

So do his parents know about it? "What is there to hide from one's parents? I often speak to her on the phone. Once, my father scolded me for speaking to her so late in the night. That is when I told him. It is ok with him. But her parents are conservative. I am sure they will grant permission to us," he says optimistically.

Amit Sana likes to differ. He likes to deviate from the customs of the world. "Had I been a grown up, I would have married her right away," he says.

And why not? At 22, he can afford to rent a house in the posh locality of Lokhandwala, owns a Hyundai Accent (the car's being delivered to him on Tuesday) and is called Sir by people around him.

"Life has been very generous to me. I thank God for all that he has given me," he says.

The mystery lady from Kolkata was disqualified in the initial rounds. "I told her that she had chosen the wrong song," he sighs.

So will Sana sing "Mummy oh mummy tu kab saans banegi?"

Wait and watch.

Click here for a detailed interview with Amit Sana.

By SAPANA PATIL

💔💔💔

thhikana thumbnail

"I came to Mumbai to eat 'batata wada'"

From Bhilai to Mumbai, from being a contestant to ending up as a runner-up. The journey has been tiring, but enriching. Sapana Patil spoke to Indian Idol runner up Amit Sana onlife before and after Indian Idol.

"I have finally found some time to rest now. There is little pressure. I can wake up when I want to," smiles Amit who had been busy performing at Ponds Femina Miss India 2005, at the launch of Abhijeet Sawant's album Aapka Abhijeet and also at a wedding at the house of Barjatyas of Rajshri Productions.

His life is still around Idol, though. The ringtone on his phone sings the Indian Idol tune, and he's found his soulmate in a fellow contestant on the show.

Amit who has started getting offers for playback singing, can hardly believe the turn in his life, as he relaxes in his well-appointed apartment in Mumbai's upscale Lokhandwala Complex. The spiked hair is still in place, but so is the shy smile that accompanied the 22 year old from Bhilai to Mumbai.

"I wondered if anyone would bother to work with me"

"I wish I could marry her right away" - Amit Sana
Amit relaxing at his apartment in Lokhandwala

I had planned to come to Mumbai after I finished my education. I thought of getting myself a job that would fetch me 10,000 rupees. That seemed big money for me at that time," he laughs. "Now, I earn one lakh rupees. I thought I would rent a small house or live with my brother in Panvel, so that I could save on the rent."

But jokes apart, I was scared. I didn't know how to achieve my goals. I thought it was very far from me. I thought I would have to start my career with singing jingles. I wondered if anyone would take me on for singing jingles....

I was skeptical. I wondered what made one sustain in this industry. Is it good voice, versatility or style? From where could I get some style in me? A style that people would like.

I also considered bringing out an album. But wondered if anyone would bother to work with me. Then I thought probably I would have to launch an album singing Bhojpuri songs.

Talking about old times

In this tryst, I had a doubt if I would have the patience to continue with my dream. Sometimes, I wondered if frustration would take over me.

Amit today is the proud owner of a Hyundai Accent. "When I came to Mumbai for the first time, I travelled in a second class compartment. I always wondered if the day would come when I could afford to travel in the AC compartment. But now I travel by air!"

So how does tinsel town attract him?

I had seen in films that Mumbai is the home of the glamour world. When I came here, I was scared to see the huge flyovers and shining billboards. I saw Mc Donald's, Barista. I was amazed at the sight and the fast moving traffic.

Mumbai's glamour called upon Amit to come here. Surprisingly there was one thing that scared him from coming here. "I had seen Ab Tak Chhappan. I am scared of bhais. I have heard that there are bhais here. I hope I never come across one," he hopes.

Doing a dish?

Amit and food

I had heard a lot about batata wada. When the train reached Mumbai, I heard a vendor selling batata wada. Gosh! All this effort to eat a batata wada. And I didn't like it!

Nowadays, at home I eat Maggi or Cup O Noodles.

Life after 'Indian Idol'

Life is busy. Earlier there were 20 people on my friends list. Now there are 200. This industry works on relationships. So I make sure, I keep in touch with everyone. On the day of Holi, I had to skip my food, to reply to people's calls.

I keep promising my college friends that I shall call them in five minutes. But I call them after five days. Sometimes they understand, sometimes they don't.

Amit signs off

I am very thankful to God and Indian Idol. I want to give back 100 times what He has given me. I want money and fame, but more than that I want love. When I am on my death bed, I want people to feel sorry. Indian Idol was a sweet chapter in my life.

Also see-

"I wish I could marry her right away" - Amit Sana

By SAPANA PATIL
Shama thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amit Sana's Achiever Award
Lovebirds Arjun Punj and Gurdeep Kohli are an elated duo today. They are just back after receiving Young Achievers awards instituted by a city organization. "The award consists of a trophy. It was an honour to be given the award by Maharashtra's deputy chief minister Gopinath Munde," says Gurdeep with pride. The award function took place in Mumbai on Thursday. No wonder Arjun had to stay away from the press conference of Sahara One's show Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki, where he plays the lead. "The awards function was scheduled much earlier. So I couldn'tmake it to the press conference," he said. The others who were honoured with the young achiever award were Rajpal Yadav and Indian Idol runner-up Amit Sana, we hear.
thhikana thumbnail

thanxx so much Shama!! WOW!!!! thats a gr8 news!!!!

CONGRATSSS AMIT SANA!!!!👏

Edited by thhikana - 18 years ago
vcool thumbnail

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!👏 tho its no surprise as hes amazing!

and thanx for the info on the fav.song 😊....have u heard the real song?

and thanx shama and shabanaz for the interviews!😊

Edited by vcool - 18 years ago
Me_Abhi thumbnail
thanx shama n shabanaz ...gr8 news..........congratulations AMIT.....! u r really very nice !
thhikana thumbnail

u  r welcome vcool! yea i heard the real one...... i liked it.... Amit's one is slightly diff.... still i liked his version too... this is the thing I admire abt Amit more..... he sings song diffly 4m the original one & manages to make it better than the original!.... he is very creative 👏..... 2 me it is amits 2nd best performance after kachcha dhage....

vcool thumbnail
i definitely agree wid ya simi hes very creative👏 ! and ur welcome he truly deserved the award!!!!! but this is just the beginning i am sure there r billion awards for him in the future!😃 i luved his kache dhage a lot too even his more saiyan was very nice!
thhikana thumbnail

yeah! Inshallah!!

by the way i have his kachche dhage n other songs too.... if u want i can mail u......

vcool thumbnail
ofcourse InshAllah! thanx so much simi😊, i have em too , i downloaded them from coolgoose , infact i never saw the wildcard or the rounds before that , i only saw the galas , thats why i downloaded the rest from coolgoose!😉 Edited by vcool - 18 years ago