Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shrattila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: ameena671

wow superb update loved it can't wait for next part thank you for pm.

Thank you and you're welcome
Jasni1 thumbnail
Congratulations on the thread
Pdrover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome story
Glad I can across, loving this smart, educated khushi, non pujali Anjali, arnav & Shyam and aman
shrattila thumbnail

Indeed...right about now..coming up!
shrattila thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jasni1

Congratulations on the thread

Thank you
shrattila thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pdrover

Awesome story
Glad I can across, loving this smart, educated khushi, non pujali Anjali, arnav & Shyam and aman

Glad you like it. Welcome aboard!
shrattila thumbnail

Chapter 42

Anjali's arrival had turned Sheesh Mahal upside down. If the servants were concerned initially about Arnav's arrival, they now prayed the older one left them in peace. Indeed, they never believed that a day would come, when they would actually prefer the younger sibling to the older one. 

The palace now resembled a fort under siege, with servants literally creating hideout spots, codewords for communications and mapping exit routes and strategies, should the fort, and their job goes up in flames. They had also created a small makeshift temple in one corner of the palace, far away from the prying eyes of the Raizada siblings where a mud idol of Devi Maiyya had been temporarily installed. The idol was being bribed consistently, four times a day, to ensure Anjali Jha left just as soon as she came. Their only remorse, that the pollution in Delhi had only delayed her by a day. They would have been happier if her entire trip had been canceled. 

Arnav was not having a great day either. Pacing up and down his room for the umpteenth time, he wished Aman had not informed Anjali, worse, described in vivid detail the condition Khushi had found Arnav in. He was now having to bear the brunt of his sister's anger, which he grudgingly accepted was far worse than his. And he was beginning to see how her nickname - the Dragon Lady - was really a watered down version of the truth. He would have probably caller her Devil Re-incarnate. Or maybe, the devil was way too nice to be compared with Anjali. It didn't matter. Right now he had to deal with Anjali, and he couldn't very well deal with her like ASR, because, well, she was ASR's sister and just as capable of giving him stiff competition in that aspect as well. 

Anjali never resorted to the traditional screeching and screaming when she was upset. Neither did she believe in emotional blackmail. She simply looked at the person with her cold, calculating eyes, and looked straight past them, as if they didn't exist. If she was severely displeased, she would raise a single eyebrow challenging their audacity at eliciting even a single sound from their vocal cords. And that was precisely the look Arnav was getting right now - one of severe displeasure and irritation, challenging him to say a single word for her to tell him succinctly and clearly which way the road to perdition lay. He had seen her use this very same tactic numerous times on other clients, but for the first time in his life, he felt the sheer force of it when it was directed towards him. 

After an hour of Arnav simply sitting there waiting for Anjali to issue his death sentence, she finally took a deep breath and spoke.

"I'm not happy."

Arnav waited for more, but none came. He knew he had to take the initiative, otherwise, this standoff would never end. 

"Di."

"I haven't finished yet."

More silence. And after what seemed like eons, Anjali continued.

"In all the years that we've taken care of each other after Amma and Baba, I never thought I would have to see this day."

More silence and guilt, another emotion Arnav didn't believe he was capable of, churning inside his stomach, making him sicker than he already was. 

"I have turned a blind eye to many things that you made a part of your lifestyle, Chhote," she continued, albeit halting, choosing her words carefully, just like she did in court. "I have ignored your colorful trysts, your choice to stay away from me, your crazy work schedule, your irregular food habits, your anger, your ego, everything."

Another deep breath. "But this, I draw a line on. I am not willing to lose my brother, and after what happened two nights ago, I am not sure I can trust you to take care of him."

"But Di..."

"Chhote, I haven't yet finished. Do..Not..Interrupt..Me."

"Two nights ago Khushi Gupta found you ice cold in your own office. If she hadn't accidentally forgotten her phone and come back for it, you would not have been discovered in time. There is no one who waits for you to come home, raises an alarm bell when you're not back on time or takes care of you to ensure such incidents do not occur. And I intend to change that."

Arnav's stomach knotted. The conversation was going far worse than he planned. 

"Di..."

Another look from Anjali and he decided to keep his concerns to himself. 

"After careful consideration, Arnav I have decided," began Anjali, but the moment she called him Arnav instead of Chhote, he knew he was going to die, "that's its time you get married. It's been three months since Lavanya left and you haven't found anyone else to replace her in your life. I can only believe that you have grown up. Therefore, I am now giving you three months to find yourself a wife, one you want to spend the rest of your life with, failing which, I will be forced to find a girl suitable enough to become Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada. Am I clear?"

She looked at him once again with the arched eyebrow, daring him to defy her.

Arnav took a deep breath and merely shook his head indicating his consent. The king was dead, long live the queen. 

Madhumati, on the other hand, was weaving castles out of thin air. Seeing Aman and Khushi together yet again, she was convinced that her assessment of the situation was correct. Surely, her Titaliya liked Aman, otherwise, why would she linger near the car for ten entire minutes when he came to drop her home? And why did her face sport a huge blush when she made her way into the house? It didn't matter that Khushi was vehemently denying any feelings for Aman, other than friendship. Madhumati had convinced herself that Khushi was doing all this because she was a shy, cultured middle-class Indian girl. She had also convinced herself that as her Bua, she knew Titaliya's mind better than the girl herself and therefore proceeded to convince Shashi that Aman and Khushi, too should both be married on the same date as Payal and Akash were, in another three months. 

"But Jiji," began Shashi. 

"No Shashi," quipped Madhumati. "This is not the time to argue. Don't you see the look of pure joy on Khushi's face everytime she meets with Aman? That girl is besotted with the boy and you know things can easily get out of hand in situations like these. It's best you have the engagement real quick with a quick wedding."

"But Jiji, listen to me," said Shashi, frantic to stop this overactive imagination. "Khushi is leaving for Delhi in three days. And then for Milan in the next week. There is no time to plan an engagement. Forget planning an engagement, there hasn't even been time to speak with Aman and his family about accepting Khushi as their daughter in law. All these things take time."

"Then take your time," huffed Madhumati. "But when something goes wrong, as it eventually will, don't complain that I didn't forewarn you."

Shashi sighed defeated. His sister could be quite persistent. "What do you want me to do? An engagement before she leaves is out of the question."

"Okay," agreed Madhumati, although she wasn't too pleased about it. "But when she is away, you can connect with Aman's parents so both Khushi and Payal can be married at the same time, in the same venue."

Shashi sighed some more and got up. His sister was trying. But if there was even an ounce of truth in what she said, then he didn't want to keep Khushi away from her happiness for too long. 

"I'll talk to her," he muttered. "Until then, you will do nothing Jiji. The girl has been away for two days and leaving for Delhi in another three. I want her to enjoy her time in Lucknow with us, whatever is remaining of it, without you worrying her about your unnecessary hairbrained ideas. Okay?"

Madhumati conceded. Shashi would do just as she wanted. There was no reason for her to talk to Khushi about it now. That conversation could be had at any time. After all, there was a little over three months left for Payal's wedding.

With both her daughters' settled in her imagination, Madhumati now started dreaming about grandchildren. Afterall, the poor woman had no kids of her own. She, therefore, felt entitled to have a say in the future of Payal and Khushi, just as Shashi and Garima did. 

Khushi Kumari Gupta, on the other hand, was distracted with thoughts about Arnav Singh Raizada. She had never believed she could be so bothered with the man, but somehow, spending time with him the last two days had changed her opinion of him. She didn't believe him to be a paragon, but she also had come a long way from her theory that related him immediately to the devil.  

Since the time she found him ice cold, teetering on the verge of death, she had learned a lot about him, most of which explained his behavior, be it his sudden outbursts of anger, his preference for tasteless food and drink or his arrogant way of dealing with people. What it didn't explain was his penchant to avoid a steady relationship at all costs. 

For a man who was so passionate and dedicated towards his work and fiercely loyal towards the people he loved, it seemed odd, he wouldn't want to share it with someone forever. 

She recalled Aman's words to her the night she found him, "ASR blames himself for his parent's death."

And yet she saw the sheer look of happiness and gratitude in his eyes when she showed him designs for her Ratna collection. She recollected conversations with Ashok ji, about Arnav's benevolence and she thought of the man she met for the first time in Sheesh Mahal, who had kept her locked up in a small dingy room for two days without food or water. She recollected the casual camaraderie she shared with him in their journey to Lucknow and the brutal way in which he had dismissed Lavanya from her role. She thought of all the times she was facing a fall, only to find herself in his arms and then remembered the autocratic way he had demanded friendship from her. 

Her head hurt. Arnav Singh Raizada was a puzzle and she was sure she wouldn't get peace until she could piece it all together. Sighing she decided to take a warm shower. Then she would visit her best friend - Devi Maiyya. She had some important theories to extrapolate about a certain ASR and she hoped her Devi Maiyya could help her with some answers. If not, she at least hoped for direction, where she could dig for answers.  

Chapter 43: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4807996?pn=83

Edited by shrattila - 5 years ago
ssdewi83 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Buaji waving aman khushi marriage dream..but our khushi more to arnav dreaming life...better arnav marry khushi indeed a man...khushi life far better...
sweta_b thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Let see how Arnav will take Anjali's warning because we all know he likes Khushi and slowly n slowly Khushi is also knowing real Arnav waiting for next part.
katj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh Anjali Dragon lady and better then devil hahahaha.
Awesome update
Thanks for pm