Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shrattila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Dear Readers
I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy New Year. Each year brings with itself a whole lot of opportunities and possibilities. So here's wishing that all your wishes come true in 2019, here's wishing each and every one of you a healthy and productive year. May all your dreams come true. May you achieve all your goals and then some more. 

Now onto the next part - 

Chapter 50

The Castello Sforzesco better known as the Sforza Castle is perhaps one of Italy's most famous castles. The people of Italy have always shared a love-hate sentiment with this unique piece of architecture. The construction of this unique piece of architecture began in the late 14th Century and didn't end until the early 20th Century. 

Once home to powerful kings, dukes and viscounts, the castle has been a symbol of tyranny and foreign domination over the people of Italy. 

"Many times in history, the citizens of Italy have tried to attack and demolish the hated building", the tour guide said. "It was only after the unification of Italy, in the 19th century, that the castle was turned into a center of culture and became a symbol of pride for the people of Milan."

Anjali and Shyam had managed to find a mound of neatly stacked bricks to sit on while the tour guide continued explaining the significance of the features in the castle. The sight-seeing tour had been their idea. They had literally blackmailed Arnav to come along only for him to discover that Khushi and Aman had been invited as well. Throughout their ride on the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus, Arnav was getting increasingly angry with the constant giggles and muffled laughter that drifted his way from Khushi and Aman. He was mentally ticking off items he could later pick on Aman Bansal for. He didn't want to create a scene before his Di, especially after their last conversation on her arrival in Milan. 

"Why Di?", he had questioned Anjali when she had thrown a tantrum like a five-year-old to book this tour.

"Because I am a tourist and I want to behave like one."

When Arnav gave her a quizzical glare, she added: "Its rarely that Shyam and I get away just by ourselves. And considering the fact that this may be our last vacation in a while, I want to make the most of it."

When Arnav continued to give her a puzzled look, Anjali elaborated. 

"Taking care of a baby takes time and effort...and energy."

"But I thought Shyam's mother was watching Anya."

"She is."

"Then?"

"I'm not talking about Anya. I'm talking about Anya's brother or sister."

"But Anya doesn't have a..." As realization struck Arnav, the confusion on his face turned into a large grin. "Congratulations Di," he said taking Anjali into a bear hug. "Are you happy?"

"I am Chhote. I am. I never thought I could have so much happiness for myself. But I really am. And I am thankful to God every day for it."

"Well then, I'm happy for you Di."

The conversation had turned a different direction. "Chhote, you know how since Mumma and Papa left us, we've been there for each other. Then somewhere during that time, we grew up and got busy in our own lives. And then Shyam happened. Nobody thought it would work, but it did. Shyam is the best thing that ever happened to me, Chhote."

"I'm really glad to hear it. You've started smiling a lot more since marriage."

"What I never told you was, that before I married Shyam, every night I would wake up screaming. I had nightmares. Never remembered what they were about, except that I would wake up very afraid."

When Arnav kept quiet, refusing to acknowledge his inner turmoil, Anjali soldiered on. Taking his hand gently in hers, looking him in the eye, Anjali dared to acknowledge what she knew about all her life. "Chhote, I know you're troubled by nightmares too! And the only cure to that is to find your Shyam Manohar Jha."

"Anjali, care for a walk?", asked Shyam. The tour guide blabbered on some more about the various centuries each of the castle walls were built and then fortified. Anjali was looking bored and a bit exhausted. Although it was a cold day, the sun was shining brightly. Squinting her eyes from her sitting position to look up at Shyam, she asked: "Where to?"

"I spotted an ice cream truck at the entrance to the castle. How about I treat you to a strawberry sundae."

The smile Anjali gave him was priceless. Since her pregnancy, she had been craving strawberries and she was touched that Shyam had noticed, despite her not mentioning anything to him. She got up, dusted off her trousers and looped her arm into his. 

"Thank you", she said sincerely. "Thank you for everything."

"Not yet my dear", he winked and then called Aman aside to talk with him. When Anjali gave him another confused look, Shyam explained: "While you were busy catching up on your sleep, I had a long conversation with Aman. We are all on the same team. What more, it seems we've won more than half our battle, for according to Aman, Khushi is quite in love with Arnav."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Anjali was ecstatic. 

"We don't know if Arnav reciprocates the feeling," he said, quite as a matter of fact.

"Of course he does Shyam. Doesn't his behavior explain it all? You of all the people know that Chhote had originally thought to employ Khushi as his..." her voice trailed off. She didn't know if Aman knew about the horrible proposal at all and she didn't want to insult Khushi in front of him.

"As his Business Developer", completed Aman. "I know Di, and I am also aware of how things progressed from there onwards. Khushi told me all about it."

Anjali chuckled. "Chhote is jealous. He can't stand Khushi and you being close to each other. No wonder he called me at 2 am to ask about your engagement with her." 

"He did what?", asked Aman.

"He called me at 2.30 in the morning to ask me how sure I was that you and Khushi were engaged. It seems it isn't the expansion but something else that is in the forefront of his mind."

And just as they spoke, Anjali had a brilliant idea. 

"Chhote has never been known to show patience. If he genuinely believes that Khushi will choose someone else, he will do everything in his power to change that outcome. I think we should continue this charade between you and Khushi and see where this takes us."

Aman rolled his eyes, and Shyam chuckled. "Surely, you're going to get me killed", Aman said, but smiled. "I love ASR as a brother and anything I can do to make his life happier, I will. But," Aman paused. Anjali looked at him questioningly, to which he replied, "Di, I think you should talk with Khushi and tell her the entire story. She can't help ASR if she doesn't know the entire truth."

Both Anjali and Shyam understood what Aman was talking about. As painful as it was going to be for her, she would have to do this. Shyam walked right next to her and gently squeezed her shoulders. 

"You don't have to do it alone this time Anjali," he said, his eyes reflecting the volume of love and respect he had for his wife. "We will do this together."

And Anjali once again thanked her guardian angel for bringing Shyam into her life. 

Edited by shrattila - 5 years ago
luvbug thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
lovely update... haha loved arnav being so J
now khushi will kow the whole truth 😊
eagerly waiting for the next!
hope you had a wonderful New Year!!
Noor1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Awesome...but short and no arshi...but still nice update...
Doc-ere thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
It's gonna be fun to see J Arnav ðŸ˜† bt poor Aman gonna be killed in this drama... Can't wait to read further.
sweta_b thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Happy new year to you too.
Fab update
aayt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Happy new year 
An awesome update 
Edited by aayt - 5 years ago
TwilightStar_JP thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Loved this one! I adore Anjali for one reason, and that is for helping Arnav when he is a total nut case. Glad this will work out .cheers 
Mamree thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
brilliant update... i really love Shyam and Anjali , their bonding here... loved the way you created Aman... hopefully we will able to see a jealous ASR in coming chapters... carry on...😊 
jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ah.,,mazing updated... sooo loved it. Cannot wait for Khushi and the family's conversation. Please update sooner if possible.
SirenMitra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
OMG!! I hope no one will get killed by Jealous ASR..
Love the Trio... I hope Khushi will understand and agree to help them.. She Loves him too much... Can't wait to see A Jealous ASR...