Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Justmoi

What public property comment ? ðŸ˜•

Look, feminism has always been about the struggle for things like the right to vote, right for an education, equal pay or just pay, equal right to property, to make it illegal for women to be hit because a man decides it to be so. It is because there were actual laws that decided how thick a stick a man could use to beat his wife with if she did not obey. Even aristocratic women, so even the "high born" women were not exempt from this rule so you can imagine how it would have been for the servants. It is against using things like calling a woman a witch and accusing her doing magic to harm someone  without proof like salem witch trials.This is just the history of the west. Feminism has historically and always will be a struggle against that. 

I don't know who appointed Kangana a feminist icon for I am sure when she left home at 16 she did not do so to be a feminist icon and struggle against patriarchy. She did so to escape an oppressive environment and her grandfather and father where felt she as a girl child was not valued. When her sister Rangoli survived an acid attack it is not to be an example, it is simply to live her life. Kangana has achieved a lot but it is by clawing through BW. It is by demanding. Her life story is not going to be nice but parts of it like what she has achieved are very  impressive. Does not mean her struggle was not real or she is a sati savitra. How does that negate feminism ? ðŸ¤”

Gloria Steinem is a bonafide feminist icon of the 70s. Madeline Albright has done a lot of work for women's rights. They also got into lot of trouble for saying that women should blindly support Hillary Clinton because she is a woman. A few foolish statements of theirs does not negate a lifetime of work nor feminism.

Kim Kardashian's version of feminism is take off her clothes for nude selfies and that should be accepted. Even some feminists have issues with that. How far is too far ? It is fluid and it is a conversation. But no one person is an icon or gets to define what it is. And just because the messenger is flawed does not mean the message is flawed.

Feminism has always been the struggle for a better world. Where a girl child need not fight for education, where women get equal pay, where dowry death, child marriage, acid attacks all disappear. It will always be fought by flawed, hypocritical women and men. But it needs to be fought because otherwise we will go to the dark ages and I am sure most reasonable people do not want that to happen, both men and women.

Don't try to explain that to the women. They tear each other apart based on who they are a fan of. Feminism in the 21st century should equate to what Emma Watson is fighting for. Education, Equal pay, Equality for LGBT, etc. Anyways, I love your post. 
Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
At this point, whatever Kangana said in the past is brought up because Adhyana loser has no film offers and wants to milk every option he can get. Whatever Kangana has said nothing to do with feminism. The fact that Adhyana loser is retweeting shows that he's a complete idiot that has reality distorted out for him. He needs to get himself checked out, because frankly, BLACK MAGIC is b/s in the science world. Edited by ranikaadi - 8 years ago
colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: akdhaalways

These article writers and kangana does not represent feminism.Feminism is being insulted by them actually.Feminism is about creating a world where a girl child is not killed after birth,where she does'nt have to keep alert of even her male relatives, where she can travel in bus train without being groped,where she will not be tortured by in laws for dowry,where her education is as important as her brother's education,where she is equal.Feminism does'nt support matriarchy just cause it condemns patriarchy. It is a moto to get equality.If we look at the society in a broad view, girls have been oprressed more that men and they do need an extra amount of action and support to get the freedom they deserve. But that does'nt mean harass and abuse men or ignore the issues men face, society needs a balance,it can;t just run upon only men or only women. Feminism is a much required step , and in no way it dimeans or harms a man. These article writers,kangana,these people are those who take advantage of it, they do'nt represent the core value of feminism.They just do'nt

+1
--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Genie

Finally , read that article ...

It has further reaffirmed my stand as an Equalist ..

That article was no different than countless other posts that I have come across on IF .. the writer did attempt to answer the questions posed by me but failed miserably in trying to do so ..

Not only is she ignoring the fact that "modern" feminism comprises of varied definitions ranging from equalism to absolutely horrid definitions ( though she did vaguely acknowledge the evolution of concept ) but she also came up with her own twisted definition of Equalism .. I could not disagree with article more ..

The only point that made a little bit of sense to me is what I had already reiterated earlier - you may perceive my change from a Feminist to an Equalist as an insult to the history of feminism but on the contrary , I do so in a hope that the sanctity of true feminism remains intact which is being dragged through the mud by modern feminism & it's multiple twisted definitions/interpretations ..

Equalism too can have multiple interpretations ( obviously ) but given the terminology , it is less likely to be horrid compared to modern feminism but at the same time working towards equality for all gender , race , caste , sexuality etc "on logical & rational grounds" ..

That being said , I do respect the feminism in its honest form , especially the history of feminism , a movement which was a necessity .. however , the evolution of feminism has not been to its advantage .. inclusion of things in a narrow concept restricted by its terminology itself has absolutely messed up the concept .. now everybody comes up with their own god-knows-what definitions.. as an equalist , I would still be a feminist in principle ( since gender equality is one of the basic tenets of the concept ) & more , minus the deranged horrid definitions/interpretations .. so my stand & conscience is crystal clear as far as I am concerned ..

If disagreement still persists , agree to disagree .. :)
Moderator thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
The topic has been flagged for non-compliance with our Forum Rules / Code of Conduct and has been temporarily closed for further review.

For further concerns, please feel free to approach any member of the Development Team of this forum!

Regards,
I-F Development Team